The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

14 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

He's right though. MPs trying to block 'No deal' does make it more likely

That's utter nonsense, if Johnson was not committed to leaving on October 31st no deal cou!d be avoided if he wanted it to be.  It amazes me how stupid people are, Johnson wants no deal I can't believe people still can't see that.

That's utter nonsense, if Johnson was not committed to leaving on October 31st no deal cou!d be avoided if he wanted it to be.  It amazes me how stupid people are, Johnson wants no deal I can't believe people still can't see that.
No he doesn't, he wants a deal and he's pushing MPs and EU into a corner with the no deal threat. It amazes me how stupid people are....

16 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It is absolutely galling to see Johnson make totally unsubstantiated statements and these statements being repeated by the MSM without any critical analysis or challenge.

The latest being that there is ‘movement’ in the EU position whilst the EU is saying nothing of the sort.

He was also shown on the BBC news stating "the people voted overwhelmingly to leave the EU".

4% is not an overwhelm. Farage himself said he would not accept a 4% margin.  Johnson cannot open his mouth without a big fat lie falling out. Very like the Trumpet.

I  am seriously galled. 

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
41 minutes ago, Kuro said:

No he doesn't, he wants a deal and he's pushing MPs and EU into a corner with the no deal threat. It amazes me how stupid people are....

No point in threatening someone with something that is going to harm yourself.

Or do you actually believe that a no-deal UK will be a land of success and pleasant living conditions for all? Do you?

No point in threatening someone with something that is going to harm yourself.
Or do you actually believe that a no-deal UK will be a land of success and pleasant living conditions for all? Do you?
If you're willing to accept the harm to get the better deal then of course there's a point.

This tactic is the type of testosterone-fuelled politics and leadership that we're trying to cure our society of but let's not pretend it doesn't work (sometimes).

36 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Kuro said:

I don't think he cares one way or the other. There is no strategy. Shit will happen, he'll react, more shit will happen...

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

35 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Kuro said:

Johnson isn't interested in any deal. He doesn't give a fig about the British people. How can you not see that?

Johnson isn't interested in any deal. He doesn't give a fig about the British people. How can you not see that?
Of course he doesn't care about the people but he cares deeply about his reputation.

He's looking for a deal that will satisfy the dup and then he'll be the pm that saved Britain and saved brexit. If he doesn't get a deal then we'll go through the chaos of no deal (damaging all sorts of things on both sides).

Presumably a few weeks of no deal would put further pressure on all concerned to get a deal that he could use to his advantage. He's willing to take the pain of no deal - and I think most brexit voters support him in that.

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

he cares deeply about his reputation.

I doubt that as well. He wants to have an impact that will be remembered. What for is less important. Longevity won't be important. One way or the other he will be remembered as the one who got a deal or didn't. Either result will leave huge numbers unhappy and an election he might lose.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

If you're willing to accept the harm to get the better deal then of course there's a point.

This tactic is the type of testosterone-fuelled politics and leadership that we're trying to cure our society of but let's not pretend it doesn't work (sometimes).

What if the harm is terminal? What if there is no better deal? It is madness to commit to a 'strategy' like this.

Hey ho, we will see, eventually. 

If I am proved incorrect in my view that ANY form of brexit will be bad for most people, then I will come on here and eat humble pie. 

It has already had an adverse effect on my life, so I believe I will go hungry on the pie front.

Like using a suicide vest?      Yes, that'll work every time.

He's looking for a deal that will satisfy the dup

The only deal that would satisfy the DUP is a total breakdown in relations between the UK and Europe, more specifically between Northern Ireland and the South. It's the only thing that will stop gradual and piecemeal integration into a united Ireland in all but name.

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, Kuro said:

What kind of a deal is he looking for?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

What if the harm is terminal? What if there is no better deal? It is madness to commit to a 'strategy' like this.
Hey ho, we will see, eventually. 
If I am proved incorrect in my view that ANY form of brexit will be bad for most people, then I will come on here and eat humble pie. 
It has already had an adverse effect on my life, so I believe I will go hungry on the pie front.
Like using a suicide vest?      Yes, that'll work every time.

It's not my fucking policy, it's his.

I voted remain despite having reservations about the EU as a generally centre right trade organisation.

From a history perspective it's certainly going to be interesting to watch.

What kind of a deal is he looking for?

One that he can use to show that he stood up to the EU and got a fair deal for Britain. He's not got a clue about detail but he knows what keeps the Tory heartlands sweet.

It appears that that's almost impossible to achieve.

So he'll go for the nuclear option and then see what the EU want to do. He's backing his people to solve problems and fight fires effectively (a tad ambitious) - and if no-one dies due to a lack of medicine and the biggest food issue relates to a severe shortage of fresh mozzarella and (if he's lucky) avocados then he'll ride this out and go down in history.