The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

😂

Austerity has been estimated to have caused 130,000 excess deaths so their policies are killing people and are far from funny.

Where I live I hear about a young man committing suicide near enough every week. The Cameron/Osbourne project of shrinking the state has devastated large parts of the population.

34 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Austerity has been estimated to have caused 130,000 excess deaths so their policies are killing people and are far from funny.

Where I live I hear about a young man committing suicide near enough every week. The Cameron/Osbourne project of shrinking the state has devastated large parts of the population.

How can you commit suicide near enough every week.?

Who is this young man?

14 hours ago, Detournement said:

Labour

😂

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I can't believe a convicted thief only lost by 1200 votes.  

A single Tory rebel now scuppers it for Johnson. Hard to see how this doesn't end in an election. 

It surely hasn't escaped everybody's  notice that the BBC's new favourite phrase is "working majority". That's right, folks, the DUP are included - in reality, the Tories are in the minority by nineteen.

If Robbie Coltrane and the Dinosaur-Deniers throw their toys out of the pram for whatever reason, shit gets real. Given the mood music drifting across the pond re: the GFA, Northern Ireland is about to be the focus of a lot of negotiation and manoeuvering. Thank God there's a stable Government, supported by a consensus driven Assembly in Stormont, eh?

35 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It surely hasn't escaped everybody's  notice that the BBC's new favourite phrase is "working majority". That's right, folks, the DUP are included - in reality, the Tories are in the minority by nineteen.

If Robbie Coltrane and the Dinosaur-Deniers throw their toys out of the pram for whatever reason, shit gets real. Given the mood music drifting across the pond re: the GFA, Northern Ireland is about to be the focus of a lot of negotiation and manoeuvering. Thank God there's a stable Government, supported by a consensus driven Assembly in Stormont, eh?

Well yes. The DUPs support is however a given in a confidence vote unless the Tories really piss them off. They are pro-leave and don't want Corbyn having any shot at being PM. 

Trouble for Johnson is that May had a gang of 12 who would generally vote against her on Brexit favouring a softer Brexit, and Johnson has potentially another few individuals on top of that who were recently punted from the cabinet. At least one individual in that group has said they will vote down the government to prevent no deal. 

It's a matter of time. Trouble is that Corbyn will probably bring the vote far too late and we'll crash out by default. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Well yes. The DUPs support is however a given in a confidence vote unless the Tories really piss them off. They are pro-leave and don't want Corbyn having any shot at being PM. 

Trouble for Johnson is that May had a gang of 12 who would generally vote against her on Brexit favouring a softer Brexit, and Johnson has potentially another few individuals on top of that who were recently punted from the cabinet. At least one individual in that group has said they will vote down the government to prevent no deal. 

It's a matter of time. Trouble is that Corbyn will probably bring the vote far too late and we'll crash out by default. 

Maybe pay a bit more attention, then. There are myriad different stances over NI/GFA/Backstop - most of which are pretty well entrenched. Some over the course of three years, some over the course of centuries. Johnson neither understands nor cares about any of theis - he doesn't do detail, remember? What he has done is promise several different groups several different, irreconcilable ways forward. This is going to get really messy, and the DUP will be at the Tories side, explaining exactly what sum of cash will secure their support. I don't see the electorate standing for that again.

Nice to see from your last line, though, that whatever these cúnts do, any damage will be the fault of Jeremy Corbyn. It permits me to make a fairly quick assessment of your knowledge about the situation, and to hazard a guess at your preferred method of getting the news.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Maybe pay a bit more attention, then. There are myriad different stances over NI/GFA/Backstop - most of which are pretty well entrenched. Some over the course of three years, some over the course of centuries. Johnson neither understands nor cares about any of theis - he doesn't do detail, remember? What he has done is promise several different groups several different, irreconcilable ways forward. This is going to get really messy, and the DUP will be at the Tories side, explaining exactly what sum of cash will secure their support. I don't see the electorate standing for that again.

Nice to see from your last line, though, that whatever these cúnts do, any damage will be the fault of Jeremy Corbyn. It permits me to make a fairly quick assessment of your knowledge about the situation, and to hazard a guess at your preferred method of getting the news.

I didn't say the damage will be Corbyn's fault. He is, however, the one with the power to bring the no confidence vote unless the speaker is happy to take it from Ian Blackford (and he may refuse to). 

The harsh reality is that the UK leaves the EU by default on the 31st of October (which is now less than 3 months away) unless something else happens. If the government is defeated and we end up with elections, who is going to go to Brussells and ask for a further extension?  It certainly isn't going to be Boris Johnson. Time is of the essence here to stop the UK leaving with no deal. 

Assuming Johnson lost the subsequent election, there is also the matter of how much time the new PM has to negotiate or ask for another extension (and of course whether it would be granted). 

Johnson has set out his stall perfectly clearly - remove the Irish backstop. Something that simply isn't going to happen. He's also said the UK leaves on 31st of October regardless, so this pretty much means no deal. We keep hearing Parliament doesn't want no deal, and the only way out of doing this is to remove the government that is pursuing it. No amount of passing motions will wish it away. 

If we do leave with no deal, it will be because: 

1) The government chose this option; and 

2) The opposition let them get away with it despite the government's numbers being flimsy. 

Number 2 is on Corbyn. I suspect no deal rather suits him, though. 

Edited by Michael W

You are forgetting that the Tory dissidents are possibly balanced out by the spineless Labour MPs in North of England constituencies.

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, Michael W said:

You are forgetting that the Tory dissidents are possibly balanced out by the spineless Labour MPs in North of England constituencies.

They will vote against the government in a confidence vote. 

Given the Tories have had a new leader bounce I’m sure they’ll find ways to square their distaste for Boris’s No Deal planning with their earnest confidence in his premiership given the alternative of the Marxist dystopia Corbyn will bring if it passes.

And the DUP will be too busy fucking the flag to entertain opposing the govt.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

I didn't say the damage will be Corbyn's fault. (1)He is, however, the one with the power to bring the no confidence vote(2) unless the speaker is happy to take it from Ian Blackford (and he may refuse to). 

The harsh reality is that the UK leaves the EU by default on the 31st of October (which is now less than 3 months away) unless something else happens. If the government is defeated and we end up with elections, who is going to go to Brussells and ask for a further extension?  It certainly isn't going to be Boris Johnson. Time is of the essence here to stop the UK leaving with no deal. 

Assuming Johnson lost the subsequent election, there is also the matter of how much time the new PM has to negotiate or ask for another extension (and of course whether it would be granted). 

Johnson has set out his stall perfectly clearly - remove the Irish backstop. Something that simply isn't going to happen. He's also said the UK leaves on 31st of October regardless, so this pretty much means no deal. We keep hearing Parliament doesn't want no deal, and the only way out of doing this is to remove the government that is pursuing it. No amount of passing motions will wish it away. 

If we do leave with no deal, it will be because: 

1) The government chose this option; and 

2) The opposition let them get away with it despite the government's numbers being flimsy. 

Number 2 is on Corbyn. I suspect no deal rather suits him, though. (3)

1. You kinda did.

2. At this precise moment, no-one has. The only time Corbyn could have done so in the last session would have been on the one day after Johnson's appointment and before recess. This would have been effortlessly spun by the Tories, and accepted by the media and the hard of thinking, as petty and premature.  Once Johnson has had a summer to fúck up everything he touches, Corbyn will, I'm confident, table that vote. When it will win, Not when ueen Jo says so. Because...

3. I'm not sure of your level of education, but I'm fairly sure that 319 (Inc DDs) is bigger than 245. And if you reckon No Deal suits anyone on our front bench then you really must have some Mail/Express loyalty points. That's fucking insane.

40 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Given the Tories have had a new leader bounce I’m sure they’ll find ways to square their distaste for Boris’s No Deal planning with their earnest confidence in his premiership given the alternative of the Marxist dystopia Corbyn will bring if it passes.

And the DUP will be too busy fucking the flag to entertain opposing the govt.

😀😀