The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Just when you think this government can't top what they've already done Boris just effortlessly trumps (sic) it....

Boris Johnson will reportedly announce the return of imperial measurements to mark the Queen’s platinum jubilee, in an apparent attempt to garner support among Brexiter voters in battleground seats that the Conservatives are in danger of losing.

We're finally through the looking glass!

25 minutes ago, btb said:

Just when you think this government can't top what they've already done Boris just effortlessly trumps (sic) it....

That and blue passports? A definite vote winner for me.

4 hours ago, btb said:

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

That and blue passports? A definite vote winner for me.

And here I thought it was Corbyn that was trying to take us back to the 70’s 

11 hours ago, btb said:

Surely when people are struggling to buy food it’s comforting to know that you can ask for 7 ounce of own brand mince from Asda rather than 0.2 kilogram.

12 hours ago, btb said:

images.png

How could they enforce imperial measures? It isn't feasible. Even if there somehow was a way, products would simply print both measures and the vast majority of folk would continue to use what we already do.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You need to factor in just how gullible the average monarchy-loving British nationalist is - only this morning two national newspapers are giving away Jubilee tea towels.  Old-skool patriotism and sexism, what's not to like ?

Is it folded in the paper or do you need to send coupons? I love a good commemorative towel me. 

Just now, coprolite said:

Is it folded in the paper or do you need to send coupons? I love a good commemorative towel me. 

There will never be a give away like the old Private Eye one.  “Free Nelson Mandela With Every Issue”.

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't subscribe to the particular conspiracy theory, but if they run out of jubilee tea towels, they could try to source Jurassic Park ones to issue instead. 

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How could they enforce imperial measures? It isn't feasible. Even if there somehow was a way, products would simply print both measures and the vast majority of folk would continue to use what we already do.

There are already imperial measures on milk and certain beers.

31 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I don't subscribe to the particular conspiracy theory, but if they run out of jubilee tea towels, they could try to source Jurassic Park ones to issue instead. 

Jurassic Park T-Rex Tea Towel Homeware - Zavvi UK

image.png.9cfe3ac6ef98d8baff691fa6c6767dfc.png

The Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee 2022 cotton Tea Towel | Etsy UK

image.png.ec94d2f3cb959d033d8e41179d85f994.png

Edited by Suspect Device

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This is pretty much what the "man in the street" used to say about kilograms when interviewed on Nationwide in 1982.

We introduced Metric way before the EU and were mandating it before joining the EU because industries wanted to trade internationally. Fortunately this government is trying to end international trade, so there won't be any need for metres and the like anyway. 

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There will never be a give away like the old Private Eye one.  “Free Nelson Mandela With Every Issue”.

It was actually Neil Kinnock. And there was no mention of "with every issue".

See the source image

"Yes.  Our customers are delighted that instead of buying a half kilo of bacon or ham or potatoes, they can now just ask for a pound.  As it should be.  However sales are down 10%.  We are not sure why."