The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

34 minutes ago, HTG said:

I'm totally comfortable with this, this Tory Government is now entering Thelma and Louise territory with hopefully the same outcome.  

1 hour ago, HTG said:

For anyone wanting an early election this is good news, I can see few other issues that would cause massive opposition in the Tory ranks.

Starmer would be shiting himself.  Imagine the possibility of becoming PM at this moment in time.

On 01/02/2022 at 19:12, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/feb/01/department-of-health-writes-off-9bn-spent-in-uk-covid-ppe-drive

£9 billion written off on defective / overpriced PPE.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/24/minister-resigns-in-protest-at-handling-of-fraudulent-covid-loans

£4.3 billion lost due to lack of oversight on furlough payments.

https://www.ft.com/content/281c9847-f76b-4def-a908-03b3d664feb3

£4.2 billion lost on sell-off of military housing.

So there we have it, in the last week the govt. announces £17.5 billion of public money lost to the Exchequer due to a possible mixture of incompetence / corruption / ideology.

No wonder this country is in the f*cking toilet.

6 hours ago, Clown Job said:

11 billion 

I’m struggling to even visualise what that looks like.

Yet he’s still on a job somehow 

10 hours ago, Snafu said:

Sort it!

Barely gets a mention.

''£1.27 billion is lost annually to fraud, bribery and corruption in the NHS.[v]''

https://www.transparency.org.uk/corruption-statistics#_edn2

Probably more than that over the last couple of years.

The amount of money squandered due to the incompetence and corruption of this Tory (mal)administration is just beyond belief.

The feelings of hate and detestibility I have for these cvnts is all consuming......................................

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The amount of money squandered due to the incompetence and corruption of this Tory (mal)administration is just beyond belief.

The feelings of hate and detestibility I have for these cvnts is all consuming......................................

Imagine the MSM response if this happened under a Labour government.  The Daily Heil would bring out a special edition with a big black border.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I don't think it was incompetence at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2022/jun/12/boris-johnson-spineless-cabinet-too-feeble-to-wield-dagger

"How did the Conservatives, a party with a reputation for being merciless about dispatching discredited and unpopular leaders, put itself and the country in such a grisly place? Some of the answer is to be found in the character of today’s Tory party. One hundred and forty eight MPs, more than 40% of the parliamentary party, want to fire him, some accompanying their no-confidence votes with savage statements about his unfitness to be in office. The number casting a ballot against him would have been higher, perhaps a majority, if more Tory MPs had been convinced by any of the alternatives. It is quite the indictment of their party, and especially of the cabinet, that 211 Conservative MPs apparently think that they cannot offer the country a better leader than a law-breaking liar."

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2022/jun/12/boris-johnson-spineless-cabinet-too-feeble-to-wield-dagger

"How did the Conservatives, a party with a reputation for being merciless about dispatching discredited and unpopular leaders, put itself and the country in such a grisly place? Some of the answer is to be found in the character of today’s Tory party. One hundred and forty eight MPs, more than 40% of the parliamentary party, want to fire him, some accompanying their no-confidence votes with savage statements about his unfitness to be in office. The number casting a ballot against him would have been higher, perhaps a majority, if more Tory MPs had been convinced by any of the alternatives. It is quite the indictment of their party, and especially of the cabinet, that 211 Conservative MPs apparently think that they cannot offer the country a better leader than a law-breaking liar."

Ah! But! The electorate think he is a loveable rogue who is doing a great job.

14 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Think the Economist summed it up well when they said he has never been that popular, and now gets booed in public.

The height of Boris' popularity was quite a bit lower than the height of Thereas Mays popularity.

Still a myth repeated many times gets closer to truth I guess.

14 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I have always seen his role as that of an after dinner speaker.  If Corbyn might be seen as someone who is too serious about everything then Johnson is seen as someone who is not serious about anything.

It would be tempting to see this as just an act.  However some see it as an effective negotiating tactic - be instantly dismissive of any and all challenges.  It also means he can push a hard right agenda while pretending he is just stumbling through it.