The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 hours ago, doulikefish said:
What mad shit will be announced this week? To change the narrative obviously

He is going to go full Thatch and announce the reintroduction of Right to Buy almost certainly

Except from the wealthier private landlords, obviously. It'll be fine for most of the others, of course... housing associations, Councils, charities etc would all be forced to sell, at a discount, at a price at which the properties can't be replaced. Trebles all round! 

Disappointed that good old Boris has not yet introduced National Service, it seems the obvious thing to do and might give him a boost in the polls.

Just think about it.

Take 500,00 benefit scroungers, give them six weeks basic training then send them off to fight the Russians in Ukraine.  If we assume an 80% casualty rate then 400,000 less dole cheques AND lower unemployment statistics on their return.  It’s a win-win.

Then the 100,000 survivors can spearhead the invasion of ROI when we finally announce that reversing Irish partition is the only solution to the protocol crisis issue.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Disappointed that good old Boris has not yet introduced National Service, it seems the obvious thing to do and might give him a boost in the polls.

Just think about it.

Take 500,00 benefit scroungers, give them six weeks basic training then send them off to fight the Russians in Ukraine.  If we assume an 80% casualty rate then 400,000 less dole cheques AND lower unemployment statistics on their return.  It’s a win-win.

Then the 100,000 survivors can spearhead the invasion of ROI when we finally announce that reversing Irish partition is the only solution to the protocol crisis issue.

Introducing national service during a labour crisis would be absolutely on message for these twunts.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just think about it.

To Play the King, the novel (and BBC series) sequel to house of Cards had this in it. 

Won our boy an election. 

15GVVbv.gif?noredirect

13 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

To Play the King, the novel (and BBC series) sequel to house of Cards had this in it. 

Won our boy an election. 

15GVVbv.gif?noredirect

That's creepy - I just started watching that, having never seen the follow-up before.

I had been thinking there were some unpleasant parallels to modern Britain, and I haven't got that far yet.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

That's creepy - I just started watching that, having never seen the follow-up before.

I had been thinking there were some unpleasant parallels to modern Britain, and I haven't got that far yet.

British House of cards is tremendous, as is To play the King. The Final Cut was OK.

It was all miles better than the US binfire show. 

51 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just think about it.

One of your better ideas.

Plus it’ll help to protect your £mn plus SIPP.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

It's entirely possible to be comfortably off and still want those with less to not want for anything. I know that's a difficult concept for conservatives to comprehend, it's better to just use vapid buzzwords anyway.

Absolutely, I agree.

Thats what a mixed economy with a welfare state to help the disadvantaged through difficult periods is all about.

Yes siree.

I see that yesterday it was (presumable very quietly) announced that the works that would have linked HS2 to the West Coast Rail Line have been scrapped. 

Apparently Ministers are looking for a solution. 

(A bridge or a tunnel, no doubt... or perhaps they are on the verge of a Star Trek transporter being invented) 

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:
I’m absolutely convinced they’re breaking the NHS on purpose so they can tell us privatisation is the only way forward 

That's been Conservative policy for the entire time I've been alive.

Anyone who claims otherwise is being deliberately obtuse.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I see that yesterday it was (presumable very quietly) announced that the works that would have linked HS2 to the West Coast Rail Line have been scrapped. 

(A bridge or a tunnel, no doubt... or perhaps they are on the verge of a Star Trek transporter being invented) 

They’ll probably just loop the line to go back to London

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the announcement was made while the Chairman of the 1922 Committee was diligently supervising Johnson's vote of confidence. The link would have passed through his constituency. Nuff said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/07/operation-save-big-dog-ramps-up-the-day-after-the-boris-music-died

"At least Michael Fabricant will never die wondering why he has never been promoted to a serious job. Now think of just some of the quarter-wits – take a bow Suella Braverman and Oliver Dowden – who have made it into cabinet, and you begin to get a glimpse of how breathtakingly dim Micky Fab is. Something he appears hell bent on proving on a daily basis. His take was he had been expecting the Convict to do even worse, so this was a massive result. Er. Not sure that was quite the line."

There was a bloke on Radio Scotland earlier who tried to explain why Johnson would brazen this out when Thatcher was unable to do so. Essentially the onus is now on the cabinet - that's what cost Thatcher. Johnson has packed his cabinet with loyalists at the expense of competence and this is what will probably save him. It's straight out of the Trump handbook (or indeed Putin). 

Johnson is a c**t, surrounded by toady c***s so that they can make a c**t of the rest of us. That'll suit the Tory c***s on here down to the ground.