The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m astounded that so many MPs, including government ministers, still see Johnson as an electoral asset.  I can only assume that they’re as out of touch as he is.*

Apparently his announcement on imperial measures hardened and increased those MPs who voted against him and this latest proposal is a stunt that is going to buy him zero support and will damage his credibility even further if that’s humanly possible.

* I am sure that there are ministerial advisers who think they’re helping their bosses by protecting them from the truth.  It is an oft repeated failure which never seems to be learned from.

They obviously don't watch Britain's Got Talent, or they would now recognise Johnson as one of these hopelessly shite acts who on hearing the GTF buttons being pressed by the judges becomes utterly frantic in their attempts to avoid the inevitable.  Today was another step closer as they broke another of the political golden rules that policy made in haste invariably unravels just as quickly.  Expect much more of the same in the weeks and months ahead - or perhaps days if the upcoming two bye-elections prove disastrous for the Tories.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

6 hours ago, RiG said:

Johnson has been warning of a "wage price spiral" if people demand more pay to help cope with increasing costs.

186526813_Johnson2.thumb.PNG.cf65772aa2708b15e2ec6e870a9d9e5b.PNG

In totally unrelated news, Johnson was, a mere 4 months ago, talking up the "high wage, high skill economy" he wanted to develop...

Johnson.thumb.PNG.d147b7132ab889b0e17f6fabb64a36be.PNG

zazy2ryishqz.jpg.d3d91495ff3f0c0d45e2e7ab9002eb4b.jpg

8 hours ago, RiG said:

Johnson has been warning of a "wage price spiral" if people demand more pay to help cope with increasing costs.

186526813_Johnson2.thumb.PNG.cf65772aa2708b15e2ec6e870a9d9e5b.PNG

In totally unrelated news, Johnson was, a mere 4 months ago, talking up the "high wage, high skill economy" he wanted to develop...

Johnson.thumb.PNG.d147b7132ab889b0e17f6fabb64a36be.PNG

Last year

Boris Johnson ‘regularly complains he can’t afford to do his job

Claims have again surfaced that Boris Johnson often moans his £157,000 salary is not enough to get by on.

15 hours ago, coprolite said:

Actually sounds like it will be help to the top of the income range of working people that get UC as a top up who could realistically save that much.

But it sounds like it's only needed because of the way UC was designed. 

Child tax credits wouldn't have got cut off if you had savings. 

So they're looking for a pat on the head for partially fixing their own botch. 

I just don't see how this works without spectacular costs - this from a government so desperate to save cash it's looking at coming through UC claimants' bank accounts for evidence of fraud. 

I've dealt with hundreds of folk on UC in the last few years, and can think of literally none who could realistically benefit from this scheme.

A typical family with two kids would get:

• £525.72 Couples Standard Allowance
  • £290.00 first child (if over 5)
  • £244.58 second child
  • £500.00 per month housing costs for renting a 2 bed cooncil hoose
  • £1560.03 TOTAL

One parent works F/T earning £1300 per month, so 55% deducted for earning and work allowance of 344.00 added:

£1560.03 - £371 = £1189.03 UC Payable (from which a mortgage payment is still to come off). So this family is getting at best £600 or so UC plus wages at a time when prices for absolutely everything are skyrocketing. 

Total nonsense. 

(i've just woke up so figures may be inaccurate 😂)

Edited by Day of the Lords

51 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I just don't see how this works without spectacular costs - this from a government so desperate to save cash it's looking at coming through UC claimants' bank accounts for evidence of fraud. 

I've dealt with hundreds of folk on UC in the last few years, and can think of literally none who could realistically benefit from this scheme.

A typical family with two kids would get:

• £525.72 Couples Standard Allowance
  • £290.00 first child (if over 5)
  • £244.58 second child
  • £500.00 per month housing costs for renting a 2 bed cooncil hoose
  • £1560.03 TOTAL

One parent works F/T earning £1300 per month, so 55% deducted for earning and work allowance of 344.00 added:

£1560.03 - £371 = £1189.03 UC Payable (from which a mortgage payment is still to come off). So this family is getting at best £600 or so UC plus wages at a time when prices for absolutely everything are skyrocketing. 

Total nonsense. 

(i've just woke up so figures may be inaccurate 😂)

You can earn a lot more than that and still get UC though. You could have one parent on £30k pa and another on £15k who are currently in danger of losing their childcare payment if they save above the limits. 

It's not easy to save up on those incomes but some people can manage it. 

34 minutes ago, coprolite said:

You can earn a lot more than that and still get UC though. You could have one parent on £30k pa and another on £15k who are currently in danger of losing their childcare payment if they save above the limits. 

It's not easy to save up on those incomes but some people can manage it. 

Off the top of my head, unless disabilities are in the mix, they'd maybe get 70-100 quid a month. Broadly though, for the vast majority of UC claimants, this proposal is a total nonsense, to the surprise of absolutely no one 😂  Under the old Tax Credits system they'd be still be getting Child Tax credits of over £200 a month or so

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Off the top of my head, unless disabilities are in the mix, they'd maybe get 70-100 quid a month. Broadly though, for the vast majority of UC claimants, this proposal is a total nonsense, to the surprise of absolutely no one 😂  Under the old Tax Credits system they'd be still be getting Child Tax credits of over £200 a month or so

I'm starting to suspect that this government might not give a shit about benefits claimants after all. 

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

11 billion 

I’m struggling to even visualise what that looks like.

Yet he’s still on a job somehow 

It’s about a trillionth of the number of stars in the observable universe. 

I hope that helps

11 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

11 Burj Khlalifa's

million-vs-billion-vs-trillion-1024x751.thumb.jpg.3f4e243f5f159652d95556ebf9b5ceef.jpg

Horrifyingly, the value for that graphic is in dollars, so with a gbp equivalent on the same basis, it's actually closer to 13.5 Burj Khalifa's. To put it in to even worse terms, it's slightly less than double the debt that Enron had when they went under in one of the most famous financial scandals / frauds / f**k ups in history. Incompetence on an almost unprecedent level.

Still, the "massive success" of eat out to help out and photos of him superimposed as Super Man make him seem really good actually, so I don't know what to believe.

Edited by J_Stewart

5 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Horrifyingly, the value for that graphic is in dollars, so with a gbp equivalent on the same basis, it's actually closer to 13.5 Burj Khalifa's. To put it in to even worse terms, it's slightly less than double the debt that Enron had when they went under in one of the most famous financial scandals / frauds / f**k ups in history. Incompetence on an almost unprecedent level.

Still, the "massive success" of eat out to help out and photos of him superimposed as Super Man make him seem really good actually, so I don't know what to believe.

If you put it in actual pounds we'd probably be in space since we don't do notes anymore. 

The important thing is that, whatever the number, it's in british pounds not €uros. Good old fashioned British profligacy, what.