The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, HTG said:

There was a bloke on Radio Scotland earlier who tried to explain why Johnson would brazen this out when Thatcher was unable to do so. Essentially the onus is now on the cabinet - that's what cost Thatcher. Johnson has packed his cabinet with loyalists at the expense of competence and this is what will probably save him. It's straight out of the Trump handbook (or indeed Putin). 

Johnson is a c**t, surrounded by toady c***s so that they can make a c**t of the rest of us. That'll suit the Tory c***s on here down to the ground. 

Hard to disagree with that analysis.  Not enough emphasis on Johnson being a c**t in your post though.  Must try harder.

14 hours ago, doulikefish said:

What mad shit will be announced this week? To change the narrative obviously

Plans are afoot for Global Britain to be the first country ever to send a manned mission to Mars.  And there won't be any foreigners tagging along using their freedom of movement or that - only Her Majesty's loyal servants.

Also, the Martians will be shown everything about wonderful imperial units, so they won't want any that metric crap the EU are so keen on.

.. and that will be a real first - a bold ambitious trade deal with an entire planet.

That will silence the critics and the doubters.

3 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Plans are afoot for Global Britain to be the first country ever to send a manned mission to Mars.  And there won't be any foreigners tagging along using their freedom of movement or that - only Her Majesty's loyal servants.

Also, the Martians will be shown everything about wonderful imperial units, so they won't want any that metric crap the EU are so keen on.

.. and that will be a real first - a bold ambitious trade deal with an entire planet.

That will silence the critics and the doubters.

I had a chat with a Martian friend earlier tonight.  The general consensus on Mars is that Johnson is a c**t and Mogg is weird.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I had a chat with a Martian friend earlier tonight.  The general consensus on Mars is that Johnson is a c**t and Mogg is weird.

.. well in that case, Venus.  .. and it's closer.

18 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Since taking over as PM in 2019 Boris Johnson has done more to convince the Scottish population that Independence is best for Scotland than Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP could ever achieve.

I disagree.

People say this about every Tory in charge. I don't think people thinking the PM is a c**t is enough to push them to support Indy unless they're leaning towards it already. I think most of us are entrenched, not too sure how many floater voters there are on the issue. Big Sturge Dog has done well to get moderates on side after Sleazy Salmond imo. She is like Henrick Larsson, I can't support his actions but game recognise game. 

Funnily enough as a detestable Yoon I must say Blackford was doing tremendously today at PMQs until he started rabbiting on about Independence. 

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Funnily enough as a detestable Yoon I must say Blackford was doing tremendously today at PMQs until he started rabbiting on about Independence. 

As a detestable Nat I find them as cartoonlike as each other.

43293777-9606691-image-a-119_16216414570Fatty_Fudge_Beano_character.png

Edited by welshbairn

On 07/06/2022 at 12:52, Billy Jean King said:
On 07/06/2022 at 08:25, doulikefish said:
What mad shit will be announced this week? To change the narrative obviously

He is going to go full Thatch and announce the reintroduction of Right to Buy almost certainly

We have a winner!

We have a winner!
It's way worse, Some mental scheme to use Housing Benefit to pay a mortgage is beyond belief when people can't current afford to eat and heat in many cases is bat shit. Also extending RTB to those in Housing Association homes is peak Tory. It will all be lapped up by their uber c**t core though.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:
We have a winner!

It's way worse, Some mental scheme to use Housing Benefit to pay a mortgage is beyond belief when people can't current afford to eat and heat in many cases is bat shit. Also extending RTB to those in Housing Association homes is peak Tory. It will all be lapped up by their uber c**t core though.

Using Housing Benefit to pay a mortgage rather than rent. Can’t see any great philosophical difference other than the payer  might own the property some day and join the property owning classes.

Depends on the figures, I guess.

You aren't eligible for benefits if you have over £15,000 of savings.  The average percentage required for a deposit on a mortgage is 15%.  So this will help people who are on benefits, have about £15k saved up and are looking to buy a house for £100,000.  The average house price in Scotland as of December last year was £180,485.  The cheapest housing could be found in East Ayrshire which was £121,000. The demographic of people who this measure could help is vanishingly small.

It's almost like the UK government has no idea what to do about anything and will come up with any old shite.

I should say, you aren't elgible for Universal Credit if you have £15k in savings.  There are, of course, a lot of benefits you get regardless of savings or wealth.

Edited by ICTChris

Unless things have changed in the past twenty years, Housing Benefit can be partially used towards a mortgage anyway. I was ill for a while and Housing Benefit paid the monthly interest on our mortgage, but nothing towards the capital amount.

I think Housing Benefit was one of the benefits rolled up into Universal Credit, so it might have changed since then.

56 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I should say, you aren't elgible for Universal Credit if you have £15k in savings.  There are, of course, a lot of benefits you get regardless of savings or wealth.

Thanks for all the info.

The poster BJK seems to know all about this stuff so I expect to hear from her quite soon.

Thanks for all the info.
The poster BJK seems to know all about this stuff so I expect to hear from her quite soon.
Nothing else you can say until the actual scheme details are announced. Sounds to me like another bone being tossed to the party loyal to try to appease them which I suspect will never actually see the light of day. Rising interest rates would be a massive issue for a start. Repairs and maintenance would all become liable by the benefit recipient rather than a landlord. Nah it sounds like pie in the sky especially during a massive cost of living crisis.