The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

One that he can use to show that he stood up to the EU and got a fair deal for Britain. He's not got a clue about detail but he knows what keeps the Tory heartlands sweet.

It appears that that's almost impossible to achieve.

So he'll go for the nuclear option and then see what the EU want to do. He's backing his people to solve problems and fight fires effectively (a tad ambitious) - and if no-one dies due to a lack of medicine and the biggest food issue relates to a severe shortage of fresh mozzarella and (if he's lucky) avocados then he'll ride this out and go down in history.

He'll probably go down in history as the worst PM this country has ever had, and the one who turned it into a 3rd world country.

His only saving grace could be his contribution in helping create an independent Scotland.

He'll probably go down in history as the worst PM this country has ever had, and the one who turned it into a 3rd world country.
His only saving grace could be his contribution in helping create an independent Scotland.
Again, that wasn't my prediction.

It's his plan (as far as I can see).

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 hours ago, Kuro said:
That's utter nonsense, if Johnson was not committed to leaving on October 31st no deal cou!d be avoided if he wanted it to be.  It amazes me how stupid people are, Johnson wants no deal I can't believe people still can't see that.

No he doesn't, he wants a deal and he's pushing MPs and EU into a corner with the no deal threat. It amazes me how stupid people are....

No he doesn't, he's not pushing the EU anywhere they have been clear and consistent all along, there's nothing to push.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

One that he can use to show that he stood up to the EU and got a fair deal for Britain. He's not got a clue about detail but he knows what keeps the Tory heartlands sweet.

It appears that that's almost impossible to achieve.

So he'll go for the nuclear option and then see what the EU want to do. He's backing his people to solve problems and fight fires effectively (a tad ambitious) - and if no-one dies due to a lack of medicine and the biggest food issue relates to a severe shortage of fresh mozzarella and (if he's lucky) avocados then he'll ride this out and go down in history.

He needs to call in those people with expertise on the situation like Fox and Davis. They hold all the cards and it will be the easiest deal in history. 😏

No he doesn't, he's not pushing the EU anywhere they have been clear and consistent all along, there's nothing to push.
Erm, I know.

But he's playing chicken with the economy.

He thinks public support will hold on the event of no deal. Then it's anybody's game. Anyone on here making specific predictions is talking out their arse.

History is littered with unintended and unforeseeable consequence.

Hate all this coup pish. It isn't a coup, it's legal. Is it morally correct? No. Does that matter when it comes to the Tories? No. If anything it shows how fucked up and archaic parliament in Westminster is and how we're better away from it. 

The only way out for us is independence and I feel the SNP are dragging their heels for whatever reason. There will never be a better opportunity for an independent Scotland. 

Edited by the snudge

41 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Hate all this coup pish. It isn't a coup, it's legal. Is it morally correct? No. Does that matter when it comes to the Tories? No. If anything it shows how fucked up and archaic parliament in Westminster is and how we're better away from it. 

The only way out for us is independence and I feel the SNP are dragging their heels for whatever reason. There will never be a better opportunity for an independent Scotland. 

It’s an abuse of power.  Coup is therefore probably closer than immoral.

The courts yet may challenge its legality.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Suspect this will blow up in Cummings face. The quickest way to head off this threat is to do exactly that and replace Johnson as leader via a VONC.

MPs who vote against the party line on an issue such as this should be deselected.

Mind you if Labour do it you can imagine the headlines.

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Suspect this will blow up in Cummings face. The quickest way to head off this threat is to do exactly that and replace Johnson as leader via a VONC.

Why is this person whoever he is in charge of the people in government and what they're doing?

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
8 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

And a United Ireland.

I would like to see that, but where would the DUP go?

Whatever the outcome this is not going to end well for Johnson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49540681

As Barnier rightly says, even if we leave on 31 October with no deal all the the issues will still need to be addressed the next day.  The idea that the EU is going to be more accommodating come 1 November is ludicrous.

1 minute ago, Paco said:

Michael Gove refusing to commit the government to abiding by any laws passed by Parliament.

Are people still finding the word ‘coup’ too dramatic?

It’s all bluster.  I’m beginning to think the Tory ‘rebels’ should back off and let Johnson have his way.

The other parties would be obliged to publicly oppose him but their upfront position should be “you accept the consequences”.

I reckon Johnson would be out on his arse before the end of November without a GE.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Whatever the outcome this is not going to end well for Johnson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49540681

As Barnier rightly says, even if we leave on 31 October with no deal all the the issues will still need to be addressed the next day.  The idea that the EU is going to be more accommodating come 1 November is ludicrous.

They need us more than we need them.

They need us more than we need them.
I appreciate the sarcasm but 'events, dear boy' change history (stolen from Harold Macmillan).

We don't know how Britain will cope in those first few days and weeks. Everything will be up for grabs - and predictions at this stage are just that.

It could become splintered, with minor agreements taking place depending on what's going on.