The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

It crossed my mind that when saying it, he was stupidly blurting out his intention to fudge the ballot question as much as possible, we know he will do that anyway. 

You're probably right, it just caught me off guard as a softer tone than he has usually had. I agree the goal is probably to understandably put off the soft voters through obfuscation.

Drew Hendry getting tossed around like a rag doll on Politics Live today over the issue. 
Poor man came on with such bravado and two sentences later he was flapping. [emoji23]
Sturgeon, MacAskill and Forbes completely undermining his point, what a set up btw, perhaps I should have posted this in BBC Bias thread because he came across so poorly that was like a hit job. Full panel in agreement laughing away at poor Drew.
Thought I'd watch this to judge for myself.
Conservative MP,and a former party adviser.
Labour MP and a former adviser to Jeremy Corbyn, justify Johnson's trip to Scotland because Nicola Sturgeon conducts her daily briefing from Edinburgh, even though she lives in Glasgow. Kate Forbes who lives "somewhere in the north of Scotland" is doing her budget in Edinburgh.
Crying hypocrisy.
Then of course using the "should be concentrating on the day job" argument( I'm shocked 4 unionists using this line)ignoring the obvious irony.
Ignoring the fact, there of course would be no argument if he had followed his own advice, and stayed at home.
Hendry explaining (or trying to,to an audience clearly not interested in his opinion) what essential means, is not imo "being tossed around like a rag doll".

7 hours ago, jakedee said:

Thought I'd watch this to judge for myself.
Conservative MP,and a former party adviser.
Labour MP and a former adviser to Jeremy Corbyn, justify Johnson's trip to Scotland because Nicola Sturgeon conducts her daily briefing from Edinburgh, even though she lives in Glasgow. Kate Forbes who lives "somewhere in the north of Scotland" is doing her budget in Edinburgh.
Crying hypocrisy.
Then of course using the "should be concentrating on the day job" argument( I'm shocked 4 unionists using this line)ignoring the obvious irony.
Ignoring the fact, there of course would be no argument if he had followed his own advice, and stayed at home.
Hendry explaining (or trying to,to an audience clearly not interested in his opinion) what essential means, is not imo "being tossed around like a rag doll".

No, there wouldn't be an argument if Nicola wasn't disgracefully playing to the gallery. He was left speechless after being unable to explain the hypocrisy, it's what happens when you have to defend idiotic, petty, trivial politics and pass it off as something serious. 

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

No, there wouldn't be an argument if Nicola wasn't disgracefully playing to the gallery. He was left speechless after being unable to explain the hypocrisy, it's what happens when you have to defend idiotic, petty, trivial politics and pass it off as something serious. 

Even more pish....

Justify the poll tax,justify the thousands left out of a job,justify our communities left in tatters and who are still trying to recover yrs later,due to a party who simply cannot and do not care for the ordinary man or woman in the street...

So when has your political stance became so ingrained with what football team you support for so many that wear blue???

It's like a box ticking exercise for so many of the "peepull" now, anti indy...tick, right wing views....tick, anti catholic...tick,anti snp....tick, tory loving....tick, pro orange order...tick and so on.....

Tick all the boxes and you can be one of the peepull.........tragic stuff but absolutely hilarious at the same time..

20 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I just heard Reece-Mogg's take on it in the Commons. Just add another 10K to the eventual Yes vote.

The ideal scenario for the Independence vote would be to have Rees Mogg in Scotland on a regular basis campaigning against.

Lets face it, outside the home counties the rest of england see him as an embarrassing joke figure. 

Edited by SandyCromarty

42 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Even more pish....

Justify the poll tax,justify the thousands left out of a job,justify our communities left in tatters and who are still trying to recover yrs later,due to a party who simply cannot and do not care for the ordinary man or woman in the street...

So when has your political stance became so ingrained with what football team you support for so many that wear blue???

It's like a box ticking exercise for so many of the "peepull" now, anti indy...tick, right wing views....tick, anti catholic...tick,anti snp....tick, tory loving....tick, pro orange order...tick and so on.....

Tick all the boxes and you can be one of the peepull.........tragic stuff but absolutely hilarious at the same time..

That could be one of the worst posts I've ever read on here. Way to miss the ball and play the man but still spectacularly miss the man you fucking imbecile. 

Edited by Stormzy

There's only one person who's playing to the gallery, and it's not the FM.
If you can't see the difference between someone travelling to their workplace, and someone on a propaganda jolly,fair enough.

56 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

That could be one of the worst posts I've ever read on here. Way to miss the ball and play the man but still spectacularly miss the man you fucking imbecile. 

Oooh,getting personal are we sweetheart 😘

No I got you alright,same as I got your millionaire pal BJ and all who follow or who support him,even though him and his pals keep shafting the vast majority of them...........

4 minutes ago, jakedee said:

There's only one person who's playing to the gallery, and it's not the FM.
If you can't see the difference between someone travelling to their workplace, and someone on a propaganda jolly,fair enough.

You clearly choose what you want to see. 

1 minute ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Oooh,getting personal are we sweetheart 😘

No I got you alright,same as I got your millionaire pal BJ and all who follow or who support him,even though him and his pals keep shafting the vast majority of them...........

Impressively that post was more pathetic than your first. 

22 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You clearly choose what you want to see. 

Genuinely, do you think that there’s absolutely no difference between Sturgeon travelling from Glasgow to Edinburgh to deliver the daily briefing on Covid (or Forbes travelling from the Highlands to Edinburgh to deliver the budget) and Johnson travelling from London to Glasgow to visit a lab and talk about the Union?

Do you not think that one of those obviously qualifies as essential government/parliamentary business, and one of those doesn’t? 

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Genuinely, do you think that there’s absolutely no difference between Sturgeon travelling from Glasgow to Edinburgh to deliver the daily briefing on Covid (or Forbes travelling from the Highlands to Edinburgh to deliver the budget) and Johnson travelling from London to Glasgow to visit a lab and talk about the Union?

Do you not think that one of those obviously qualifies as essential government/parliamentary business, and one of those doesn’t? 

The poster you’re replying to is a troll.  He isn’t looking for a serious debate, his only intention is to provoke a reaction.

There’s about three or four of them operating on the politics forum just now and responding to them gives them the oxygen they crave.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

The poster you’re replying to is a troll.  He isn’t looking for a serious debate, his only intention is to provoke a reaction.

There’s about three or four of them operating on the politics forum just now and responding to them gives them the oxygen they crave.

I know, but after Pep’s shite for the last week or so, he’s a breath of fresh air.