The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

The great man to deliver an update on the Omicron variant at 8pm tonight.

This is to be a pre-recorded message, (like the Queen does at Christmas) so he will not be fielding any questions. Shame that, he's normally so good at taking questions from the press.  

On 10/12/2021 at 08:09, Scott Steiner said:

Just had visions of Yousaf being FM there.  In the hot seat but picking fights with fitba' clubs and nurseries.. what a laugh it would be. 😆

Seriously though, we are safe with Sturgeon in power IMO.  She's a safe pair of hands for any Unionist, and isn't actually going for Independence.  She's cracking on the mic and cuts a good promo though.. great for PR, so anyone else is a step down in terms of electability for the Nats.

lol I laughed here because it might well turn out to be true and nobody can say for certain either way.

On 10/12/2021 at 09:00, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

You had all better watch out or SPR will be sending you DMs offering a square go to "clean your clock" am I right @Crawford Bridge

Thought this said something else and was like "oh shit what's up @Snifter Pee Rot????"

So the kind of no nonsense person who’d unplug a life support machine to charge her phone [emoji848]
Slightly OT, but one of my colleagues actually did this a few years back, while on a bed watch. By accident, but hellfire, he was put right pretty sharpish.

3 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:
So the kind of no nonsense person who’d unplug a life support machine to charge her phone emoji848.png

Slightly OT, but one of my colleagues actually did this a few years back, while on a bed watch. By accident, but hellfire, he was it right pretty sharpish.

Bloody hell that’s a hell of a mistake to make. 

Two things will now happen to keep Johnson in post and stretch the Tories agony into the New Year.

Firstly, the rising Covid rates will quickly overtake the Xmas party scandals in the public's thoughts, and secondly a pisspoor turnout in Thursday's North Shropshire bye election accompanied by a Tory hold with a slashed majority will not prove enough to topple him.

I'd actually settle for that, in the sense that the guy is a shambling liability and the longer he stays in place the more fractious this incompetent Government will become.  The UK cannot afford a glib snake-oil salesman like Sunak to slide into position in Johnson's wake at this time, sorry, at any time. 

We demand a Conservative Party bloodbath.

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Make such a mistake like that is a sackable offence. No excuses. Show them the door.

Defend that at a tribunal, to do so successfully is much harder than you might imagine and you would be correct. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Two things will now happen to keep Johnson in post and stretch the Tories agony into the New Year.

Firstly, the rising Covid rates will quickly overtake the Xmas party scandals in the public's thoughts, and secondly a pisspoor turnout in Thursday's North Shropshire bye election accompanied by a Tory hold with a slashed majority will not prove enough to topple him.

I'd actually settle for that, in the sense that the guy is a shambling liability and the longer he stays in place the more fractious this incompetent Government will become.  The UK cannot afford a glib snake-oil salesman like Sunak to slide into position in Johnson's wake at this time, sorry, at any time. 

I think that all of this is pretty much true. 

Omnicron is manna from heaven for Johnson just now, and in the last week he's being throwing it on the table like dead cats were going out of fashion. It's a horrific politicising of the pandemic, but as Johnson is utterly shameless, what does he care ? 

He's desperate to survive past Christmas, and a fast spreading variant which may or may not be deadly is a beautiful thing for him just now. 

The by-election will go the way that you describe it. There'll be a significantly reduced turn out as Tory voters stay at home, but when push comes to shove they're still Tories.....and they won't vote against the party. The Labour and LibDem vote will split and Johnson will breath a sigh of relief for the meantime. 

I also agree with you about the fact that he's a shambling liability....in Scotland especially....and as much as I'd love him to be personally humiliated, for the good of the bigger picture it's better that he holds on as long as possible. It would be lovely to go into the next GE and then the 2nd referendum with the picture of an utterly discredited Johnson hanging over voters.