The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's funny how those criticising Boris for removing restrictions have gone awfully quiet since Sturgeon announced the exact same thing a few days later.

Odd that.

It's almost as though it's never really been about caring for others and more about Boris bashing.

Three almost identical posts in six minutes over two threads, that's quite the obsession you've got there friend.  

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's funny how those criticising Boris for removing restrictions have gone awfully quiet since Sturgeon announced the exact same thing a few days later.

Odd that.

It's almost as though it's never really been about caring for others and more about Boris bashing.

Take a moment to dwell upon your bold statement and beyond the searching for c thread green dots, think about Sturgeon and her leadership.

Come to think of it, why is it Sturgeon and why is it Boris?

You've fallen for his schtick, you have, haven't you?

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What leadership?

Copying Boris a few days later isn't leadership.

The c thread isn't really real, it is desolate and circular. Some may say rank.

I counsel and urge you, in all sincerity, to think about your claim and what it means for your credibility.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You appear to be on some sort of recreational drug which promotes rambling pish so I'll leave you to it. 🤣

By any measure, that is a very poor effort.

You alleged that Nicola's purpose is to subvert Johnson.

Thus far you have been unable to substantiate this and you've reverted to what some might regard as a lazy ad hominem attack.

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

The c thread isn't really real, it is desolate and circular. Some may say rank.

I counsel and urge you, in all sincerity, to think about your claim and what it means for your credibility.

Desolate and circular. Yeah, I’ll go with that. 
Started in good faith, descended into an echo chamber. 

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Unlike this part of the forum and you fine intellectual stalwarts eh? 🤣

You seem to be be rather exercised, perhaps even excited.

I for one, in the interests of levelling up, would welcome a tax on the intellectuals.

Partgate is well and truly in the rear view now...

Levelling Up (vacuous nonsense which they can't afford, and have left sufficiently vague with a date of 2030, to enable them at the next GE simply to say 'progress is being made on it'

'Standing Up' to Putin (despite all his connections to oligarchs which have been well publicised, will they continue? what do you think?)

Ending Covid Restrictions: A populist measure, designed to appease the electorate...(and no, Sturgeon's move is not comparable in the sense that it is more cautious)

Managing to get Crissida Dick removed, so that he can 'choose' the next Met Chief, and get them to brush everything under the carpet.

Next up....tax cuts, probably next year, just in time for the GE.

Gammons are gonna gammon over all this, by the time the GE comes around...he has got away with it..again.

Edited by Jedi

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Partgate is well and truly in the rear view now...

Levelling Up (vacuous nonsense which they can't afford, and have left sufficiently vague with a date of 2030, to enable them at the next GE simply to say 'progress is being made on it'

Standing Up to Putin (despite all his connections to oligarchs which have been well publicised, will they continue? what do you think?)

Ending Covid Restrictions: A populist measure, designed to appease the electorate...(and no, Sturgeon's move is not comparable in the sense that it is more cautious)

Managing to get Crissida Dick removed, so that he can 'choose' the next Met Chief, and get them to brush everything under the carpet.

Next up....tax cuts, probably next year, just in time for the GE.

Gammons are gonna gammon over all this, by the time the GE comes around...he has got away with it..again.

It’s been pointed out (maybe in this thread) that what they say or do doesn’t really matter. 30/35% of the English FPTP votes are guaranteed set in stone. Settle down for a lifetime of Eton governance. 

Oh, there is still time yet. Yes, 30-35% is pretty much in the bag, 'but' he will make a lot more mistakes over the next 2 years....whether or not Labour can capitalise on that or not...time will tell.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I overestimate the record keeping of the UK government and security services, but surely there will be records of what ministers were at what Russian parties etc? 

Also,,I hope some folk are keeping records of what ministers are saying about the Saudis and what cozying up is going on as this is all inevitably going to come back and bite them in the arse. 

32 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Maybe I overestimate the record keeping of the UK government and security services, but surely there will be records of what ministers were at what Russian parties etc? 

Also,,I hope some folk are keeping records of what ministers are saying about the Saudis and what cozying up is going on as this is all inevitably going to come back and bite them in the arse. 

No.  You are just naive.

Why would anyone keeps records of this?  Give yourself enough rope - maybe.

21 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

No.  You are just naive.

Why would anyone keeps records of this?  Give yourself enough rope - maybe.

There should be a public record of where ministers have been after the fact. What publicly appointed ministers do and where they are should be made available to the public. Clearly, where there is a security issue or something personal such as visiting family, then no, but otherwise..... I'm pretty sure this is how it works in the US.

21 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

There should be a public record of where ministers have been after the fact. What publicly appointed ministers do and where they are should be made available to the public. Clearly, where there is a security issue or something personal such as visiting family, then no, but otherwise..... I'm pretty sure this is how it works in the US.

You don't think meeting with donors and patrons is a security issue? Pretty sure everyone involved in government would.

Time spent shagging interns too. Top secret, need to know only.

28 minutes ago, BFTD said:

You don't think meeting with donors and patrons is a security issue? Pretty sure everyone involved in government would.

Time spent shagging interns too. Top secret, need to know only.

Yes, meeting doners is a security issue. What I more meant, if minister x is on way to meet active troops or something, it might not be safe to have that made public prior to it happening or if they are there or something. 

Generally, I think the public has the right to know where ministers are and who they meet. 

3 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Yes, meeting doners is a security issue. What I more meant, if minister x is on way to meet active troops or something, it might not be safe to have that made public prior to it happening or if they are there or something. 

Generally, I think the public has the right to know where ministers are and who they meet. 

Aye, my point was just that the people in charge of deciding what the public is and isn't entitled to know will always make sure their most egregious activities are kept from us.