The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Guest Bob Mahelp
18 hours ago, Paco said:

Johnson hasn’t done any work for at least 19 days at this point, likely more, and hasn’t done anything public facing aside from recorded social media clips for a full month.

I’m not necessarily knocking the guy, he’s been very ill in that period, but shit hadn’t truly hit the fan when he was diagnosed and people have obviously disassociated him with the mess. Maybe they’re clinging on to some notion he’ll come back in on his horse and sort all the mess out - a notion I’m quite sure will be being planned in Downing St right now.

Either that or the British public are thick as f**k.

I would be disinclined to agree with this, if it weren't for the fact that Johnson has a long and established history of disappearing when the going gets tough.

He's the ultimate populist....big on bravado and bullshit, but unwilling to face the details or take decisive (and possibly unpopular) action.

From missing the London airport debate to avoiding scrutiny by Andrew Neil, Johnson has proven himself time and time again to be a coward.

I've no doubt at all we'll see him appear for the end of lockdown. 

20 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
20 hours ago, Big Rider said:
Where is our PM at this time of crisis????

Seemingly on the phone to the POTUS earlier this week according to Domestos Donnie - and I'd like to know why, especially if he wasn't contacting any other major leaders.

Hopefully getting medical advice

On 24/04/2020 at 12:53, Jeff Venom said:
On 23/04/2020 at 22:18, Granny Danger said:

Funny that that poll should appear immediately after Starmer got widely commended for his first PMQs.

Starmer doing well at PMQs plays well with the 14 people that watch PMQs and will never vote Labour

On 24/04/2020 at 13:52, Paco said:

Johnson hasn’t done any work for at least 19 days at this point, likely more, and hasn’t done anything public facing aside from recorded social media clips for a full month.

I’m not necessarily knocking the guy, he’s been very ill in that period, but shit hadn’t truly hit the fan when he was diagnosed and people have obviously disassociated him with the mess. Maybe they’re clinging on to some notion he’ll come back in on his horse and sort all the mess out - a notion I’m quite sure will be being planned in Downing St right now.

Either that or the British public are thick as f**k.

The best PR strategy now, if you're going off Johnson's election victory and Biden's primary win, is to be invisible apart from a few heavily stage managed appearances. 

Anthony Costello
@globalhlthtwit
SAGE: 13 out of 23 are paid government advisers so not independent when in a room with D Cummings.
7 clinical academics 
3 microbiologists
7 mathematicians/modellers
2 behavioural psychologists in disasters/terrorism
1 geneticist
1 civil servant
2 political advisers (1)

From Twitter.

Faroe Isles have offered help to Scottish Isles.
EWc8AF1XYAAu_22?format=jpg%26name=medium&key=5bee781725de14fde7a8d4f57730856d1a55a7dbb05c0663743f925e5e6a39f0
Faroese have handled covid very well. Salmon farming is a big part of the Faroese economy & back in February they adapted their test equipment for Salmon isavirus to test for covid. Thus far as per wikipedia they've had 189 cases with 7 active plus 178 recoveries & 0 deaths. They did similar with adapting testing back in 2009 during H1N1/09.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/08/vetinary-scientist-hailed-faroe-islands-lack-covid-19-deaths

On 25/04/2020 at 22:01, GNU_Linux said:

Salmon farming is a big part of the Faroese economy & back in February they adapted their test equipment for Salmon isavirus to test for covid.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

More+like+a+banterfly+ill+_44d6e859a26a0

Hope they've passed on this technique to the world.

Edited by welshbairn

Just back at work, then off again?
You don’t think he knew this was a possibility when he ‘addressed the nation’ on Monday.
It seems to me that he’s trying to avoid the job he was elected to do!
The sad thing is there are many people who think he is doing a great job when in fact he has been passing the buck all his life!

52 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

You don’t think he knew this was a possibility when he ‘addressed the nation’ on Monday.
The sad thing is there are many people who think he is doing a great job when in fact he has been passing the buck all his life!

Yes difficult knowing his best position, figurehead or dickhead.

2 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Can you post a link to him taking his paternity leave now ?