The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Johnson having a go at Carmicheal at pmqs for wanting indy was amusing 

caught the end of PMQs and Johnson's response to Carmichael (but not the question). I initially thought that Carmichael had used his question to set up an attack on the SNP/indy which would be part of the course for him, But did Johnson mistake him for being an SNP MP? 

35 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

caught the end of PMQs and Johnson's response to Carmichael (but not the question). I initially thought that Carmichael had used his question to set up an attack on the SNP/indy which would be part of the course for him, But did Johnson mistake him for being an SNP MP? 

Yip ,the buffon is knackered without the advisors who sit directly behind him 

3 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

That's a bit tasteless given the circumstances - 

"The government is still scrambling for answers about why the women were not tested before being allowed to leave an Auckland hotel after they arrived from the UK on 7 June. They had received a compassionate exemption to the compulsory 14-day isolation period for returning travellers in order to visit a dying relative 400 miles (650km) away in Wellington."

Would you support a similar measure here?

"Only New Zealanders, their families, and essential workers are currently permitted to enter the country, which has no other domestic restrictions in place. New arrivals are supposed to remain in managed isolation for 14 days, during which they should be tested twice."

14 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

That's a bit tasteless given the circumstances - 

"The government is still scrambling for answers about why the women were not tested before being allowed to leave an Auckland hotel after they arrived from the UK on 7 June. They had received a compassionate exemption to the compulsory 14-day isolation period for returning travellers in order to visit a dying relative 400 miles (650km) away in Wellington."

Aye, they just thought it would be fun to meet up with some mates on the way, to "ask for directions".

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, they just thought it would be fun to meet up with some mates on the way, to "ask for directions".

Yes, they should not have broken isolation rules. 

I can't stand Boris Johnson and regard him as an incompetent buffoon but I can't see how he can be blamed for that cock-up.

21 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Is the hoohaa not because a lot of south sea islanders in the same situation have been refused the same compassionate exemption and people are pointing out that's a bit racist

There was nothing about that in that Guardian article. It's significant that NZ still has such tough restrictions on people entering the country, especially as it has no other Covid cases .

There is uproar here, especially from the airlines and holiday companies, over the Government's quarantine restrictions on people returning or arriving from abroad. My criticism is that those restrictions should have been imposed in February. They could have prevented many thousands of infections and deaths.