Ayr v Morton

No idea how Saturday will go, however it should prove a decent barometer of where both ourselves and Morton are at going in to the season.

Caution to the wind for me, Doolan, Moffat, McCowan and Forrest all running off each other and just see what happens.

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Despite Saturday disappointing performance and result I'm looking forward to getting our league campaign underway, Morton should bring a decent support down so should be a good atmosphere. Looking at their ins/outs during the summer they have lost some quality players, the stand out obviously being Michael Tidser. None of their signings really stand out however I am not shocked at all that Nicky Cadden has started well for them. Ian McCall really does have a shocking record when it comes to loan signings- Ross Doohan being the only one who we could say was really decent. There have been a few who have been meh but the majority have been dug meat.

I watched Morton on BT vs Motherwell and wasn't impressed however admittedly Motherwell looked decent on the night. The keeper looked particularly dodgy and we should be targeting him on Saturday.

Team-wise I'd like to see us mix it up a bit. The past two games (Falkirk and Stranraer) we have looked really flat and lacked width.  I'd like to see us trying a 4-2-3-1 formation with two direct wide players running at the Morton defence.

Doohan

Geggan Muirhead Bell Harvie

Docherty Murdoch

McCowan Kelly Ross

Moffat

I would have signed Cadden in the summer , he wasn't fully fit when he arrived at us  but when he was and we started to understand his early crossing game the goals started to come . I think he might have worked well with Doolan and Moore ,maybe not so with Moff . He'll do a job for Morton with Sutton and Muirhead to hit . I would also have taken Nesbit in a heart beat .A good player who I'm told has a free role with them . Hopkins has brought in some quality  for sure but has made a mistake letting Robbie go ,QoS will benefit from that mistake . Both Morton and QoS visit us in the first few weeks of the season , these games will tell us a lot as these two teams are of a similar standing to us and will be fighting for the 8th to 5th slots .Lose these games and its going to be a tough winter .

1) McCrorie was never a Morton player to let go in the summer. 

these two teams are of a similar standing to us 

Image result for point and laugh gif

2) In your fucking dreams m8. 

I'm concerned that McHugh scoring a goal on Saturday will lead to us sticking with a formation that looked really unbalanced against the other Tory mob in the division for this one - if we replace him with Millar in central midfield then I'd be much happier with the line-up. Having a Stefan Gonet figure in goal is not ideal given that the original Stefan Gonet sold the jerseys for us down at Somerset in the past, but we'll just have to try scoring enough goals again to overcome that issue. 

High scoring draw. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

1) McCrorie was never a Morton player to let go in the summer. 

Nope he wasn't but you were in with a shout if you engaged the brain cells .

1 hour ago, virginton said:

2) In your fucking dreams m8. 

I'm concerned that McHugh scoring a goal on Saturday will lead to us sticking with a formation that looked really unbalanced against the other Tory mob in the division for this one - if we replace him with Millar in central midfield then I'd be much happier with the line-up. Having a Stefan Gonet figure in goal is not ideal given that the original Stefan Gonet sold the jerseys for us down at Somerset in the past, but we'll just have to try scoring enough goals again to overcome that issue. 

High scoring draw. 

Morton ...... Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Just seen it's tickets for the game, it's a pain in the tits this ticket shite, what the hell was wrong with paying at the gate?? Load of nonsense!

I'm including my own clubs stinking electronic turnstiles in this moan.

Just seen it's tickets for the game, it's a pain in the tits this ticket shite, what the hell was wrong with paying at the gate?? Load of nonsense!
I'm including my own clubs stinking electronic turnstiles in this moan.

Then I’ll refer you to the League Cup Group G page over on the cup thread and you can moan about this with all the Falkirk fans.

20 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Sigh

To be fair it’s easy to do. Even if you don’t decide to that day you’re going, takes 2 minutes on your phone to buy and scan your barcode. Also good for buying tickets early in the month if there’s a few home games and get the payments out the road.

At least unlike us, Dunfermline, St Mirren and Caley Thistle - that’s off the top of my head, there’s probably more - Ayr’s system allows away fans to buy in advance, rather than queuing twice on the day being the only option.

I’m confident we’re going to be an attacking threat to most teams in this division, but whether we’re going to be capable of scoring enough to make up for the defending/goalkeeping, or preferably stop flinging daft goals away, remains to be seen. Hopefully we’ll have another defensive option in by Saturday - if we’re playing a back three we need another centre back and if we’re playing a back four we need another full back.

47 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

To be fair it’s easy to do. Even if you don’t decide to that day you’re going, takes 2 minutes on your phone to buy and scan your barcode. Also good for buying tickets early in the month if there’s a few home games and get the payments out the road.

Fair do's it is easy to do, just prefer the cash at gate old school way, it is what it is!

Roll on Sat!

2 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Fair do's it is easy to do, just prefer the cash at gate old school way, it is what it is!

Roll on Sat!

Personally I absolutely despised pay at the gate as it was far more hassle for me, but understand why for others it would be annoying if you’re not up to date with technology. The club should probably have kept one gate people could pay cash into, although because you can still pay on the day with cash at the shop to get a ticket I suppose it’s not a huge inconvenience.

43 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Personally I absolutely despised pay at the gate as it was far more hassle for me, but understand why for others it would be annoying if you’re not up to date with technology. The club should probably have kept one gate people could pay cash into, although because you can still pay on the day with cash at the shop to get a ticket I suppose it’s not a huge inconvenience.

I would severely recommend people try to buy prior to turning up on the day , Morton as of this afternoon have nothing on their website ( even though Ayr United have notified them around about half dozen times ), did mention it on twitter later today , I can see there being a very big queue at their selling point unless fans get on line pretty quickly ( only around 5 away tickets purchased)  , as for home fans it went reasonably well on Saturday with practically no queues purchasing tickets , home fans have so far bought 1059 tickets ( this includes season tickets )

Edited by Robbo63

I would severely recommend people try to buy prior to turning up on the day , Morton as of this afternoon have nothing on their website ( even though Ayr United have notified them around about half dozen times ), did mention it on twitter later today , I can see there being a very big queue at their selling point unless fans get on line pretty quickly ( only around 5 away tickets purchased)  , as for home fans it went reasonably well on Saturday with practically no queues purchasing tickets , home fans have so far bought 1059 tickets ( this includes season tickets )
Any idea how many ST's they've sold so far?

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
52 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Any idea how many ST's they've sold so far?

Around 800, looking like we will be around same as last season , again I would recommend fans to buy season tickets  prior to Saturday as  when buying instore it takes around 3 mins to order and you would need a phone with you to receive an email with a qr code of your season to gain entry as tickets take approx 2/3 days to be printed , you can buy online 24/7 so no real need to wait to arriving at ground at say 2pm to order a season ticket that starts that day at 3pm 

Edited by Robbo63

I bought a ticket last night and it was beter than I expected, very good set up from Ayr compared to our pile of shite, an option to download the ticket to your phone rather than having to print it off or like Morton, have to collect it is spot on.

Now, please allow me to remove my large shoe from my very large mouth.

Edited by M0rtonfc

Lads I bought a ticket last night and it was pretty good, an option to download the ticket to your phone rather than having to print it off or like Morton, have to collect it.
Please allow me to remove my large shoe from my very large mouth.

Then it’s confirmed.

Morton fans are more tech savvy than Falkirk fans.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Then it’s confirmed.

Morton fans are more tech savvy than Falkirk fans.

The option to download to phone was a game changer, assumed it was a buy and collect effort, you have my apologies.