Saints v Sevco

I vividly remember being raging at the time because he wasn't getting a game although he was pretty much a fat balloon at the time [emoji23] Didn't stop yardley mind you.

Shite in training? Probably done a mahrez and scored all sorts in the reserves then not played as he wasn't a hammer thrower or part of the best pals act.

I actually went down to watch Wreh play in the reserves one night. He did in fact score, a tap in near the end of a 3-0 or 4-0 win or something like that. But he was fat and slow and hardly moved.

What I also remember is that Paul McKnight had an absolute stormer in that game, scored a couple. Got injured again soon after.

Tom Hendrie’s mistake that season was not signing Paul Ritchie. He had him on trial and he scored in the trial game at Love Street.

I remember the posts on blackandwhitearmy the next day about how slow and immobile he looked and not to sign him.

Hendrie must have had the same opinion and didn’t sign him. He signed for Inverness and duly scored a barrowload.

I’m convinced that if we’d signed Ritchie then we’d have won the league again that season.

Well he did get free beans on his mutton pie. Give me the tannoy smile from ear to ear in the bank house. No wonder Oran was moved on . But the buck falls who ever approved it ( if true )  I could go out and buy a Porsche 911. But would it hit my investments. Of course given it would sit in the garage/ subs bench most weeks would it be wise ? I think not. 

So Saints provided him a Porsche 911 while he was here as well? Sounds a bit more reasonable now than a measly £100,000 for 8 months work.

2 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

So Saints provided him a Porsche 911 while he was here as well? Sounds a bit more reasonable now than a measly £100,000 for 8 months work.

Good for you everyone loves a,bit of humour.  Mate I'm a St Mirren fan from I dont know how early.  I do remember the days on a double decker bus when Scotland had no motorways. In short I care about my club have stood in old Love Street in dark day's with less than 1,000 in the ground. So I now expect St Mirren to be run within its budget. 2 million was brought in on transfers a large sum Saints wise. If it has been blown on fresh air / revolving door, managers , players then the man at the top is not right for the job. That's the bottom line. If all is fine good I then back Gordon Scott. But one thing above all is good. Gordon Scott appointed Jim Goodwin only two games in we look premiership martial the best I have seen since the early 80's. Premature? Might be but I dont think so bring it on. 

36 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

I actually went down to watch Wreh play in the reserves one night. He did in fact score, a tap in near the end of a 3-0 or 4-0 win or something like that. But he was fat and slow and hardly moved.

What I also remember is that Paul McKnight had an absolute stormer in that game, scored a couple. Got injured again soon after.

Tom Hendrie’s mistake that season was not signing Paul Ritchie. He had him on trial and he scored in the trial game at Love Street.

I remember the posts on blackandwhitearmy the next day about how slow and immobile he looked and not to sign him.

Hendrie must have had the same opinion and didn’t sign him. He signed for Inverness and duly scored a barrowload.

I’m convinced that if we’d signed Ritchie then we’d have won the league again that season.

32 goals for Inverness that season as they won the league.

We knocked him back as he was apparently too old at 33 and signed Alex Burns instead.

18 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Good for you everyone loves a,bit of humour.  Mate I'm a St Mirren fan from I dont know how early.  I do remember the days on a double decker bus when Scotland had no motorways. In short I care about my club have stood in old Love Street in dark day's with less than 1,000 in the ground. So I now expect St Mirren to be run within its budget. 2 million was brought in on transfers a large sum Saints wise. If it has been blown on fresh air / revolving door, managers , players then the man at the top is not right for the job. That's the bottom line. If all is fine good I then back Gordon Scott. But one thing above all is good. Gordon Scott appointed Jim Goodwin only two games in we look premiership martial the best I have seen since the early 80's. Premature? Might be but I dont think so bring it on. 

Genuine question:

Why, when anyone tries to engage you in any sort of conversation, do you revert to talking about being a St. Mirren fan who loves his club and has gone to games for years? I'm quite sure we all fully and wholeheartedly support the club, have done so for many years and yet choose not to use it as an excuse to hide behind half-formulated opinions formed on a whim or third hand information.

32 goals for Inverness that season as they won the league.
We knocked him back as he was apparently too old at 33 and signed Alex Burns instead.

Ironically, after we released Alex Burns, he went to Patrick. They played him up front and he scored a barrowload for them!

Never mind, Tom Hendrie did give me one of my best seasons supporting St Mirren.

Can’t believe it’s now almost 20 years ago! [emoji50]

1 minute ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Ironically, after we released Alex Burns, he went to Patrick. They played him up front and he scored a barrowload for them!

Never mind, Tom Hendrie did give me one of my best seasons supporting St Mirren.

Can’t believe it’s now almost 20 years ago! emoji50.png

I remember the first game of the season at Firhill, a brilliant 3-3 draw and Burns scored with his very first touch about 30 seconds after coming off the bench. 

Thought at that point that we were onto a cracker with him but yeah, he lasted about 5 months, hardly played and when he did, was out of position. 

It's not like St. Mirren down the years to take a decent player, make them look pish for whatever reason and then they go on to be good once again elsewhere. 

But to at least keep it semi on topic, going back to that amazing Hendrie season, I remember it kicking off with a 2-1 friendly win over a very strong, very up for it Rangers side and thinking that something good was on verge of happening.

Hopefully we're on same boat on Sunday. 

It’s more the various tangents you go off on to peddle this line about the club being financially rooked.
However, that talk is very premature. It’s like when Rangers fans were falling over themselves with excitement about Windass after he ran half the length of the pitch and scudded the ball off the post.

But to at least keep it semi on topic, going back to that amazing Hendrie season, I remember it kicking off with a 2-1 friendly win over a very strong, very up for it Rangers side and thinking that something good was on verge of happening.
Hopefully we're on same boat on Sunday. 

Yeh, but that was against a different club [emoji12]

You couldn't even score against one of the most porous defences in the league.  Even yer big Greenock pals took three off them.  What is there to be impressed with?
Aberdeen vastly underestimated us but I can't see Gerrard taking the game as lightly, even if he does make a few changes because of the European fixtures.

The current Sevco side might be the best they’ve had since the club was formed in 2012.

However, it’s undoubtedly worse than any side of the old and separate Rangers club that is now in liquidation.

Worse even than the Rangers sides in the 80s pre Souness.

They still have the match officials helping them unfortunately.

New club, same old cheating.