The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

state of that trackside is a minter

I absolutely agree and I hope that Ogren does something about it.

In some ways it is good that the Dundee fans have brought it to everyone’s attention. Still, throwing missiles like that into the technical area is dangerous and I hope that the police identify the culprit. It should be fairly straightforward, given when it happened.

IMG_2909.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

I absolutely agree and I hope that Ogren does something about it.

In some ways it is good that the Dundee fans have brought it to everyone’s attention. Still, throwing missiles like that into the technical area is dangerous and I hope that the police identify the culprit. It should be fairly straightforward, given when it happened.

IMG_2909.jpg

I'll save Tayside's finest the hassle. It was Fifespud. 

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Dundee Utd went down at Dens Park...

Eta: What fat, lazy lark gets up just before midday?

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

...Dundee United went down at Dens Park...

Despite a full 24 hours passing my full body minter is yet to subside.

Fair play to the DABs. The ones I'm pals with and even random ones I met yesterday out walking the dog were pretty gracious about their pumping of us with all things considered. Why our Derby is one of the best in world football I suppose.

My minter might stop radiating around midweek.

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Sorry m8, but even your 6-2 victory on Friday night was in the past. 

Nice flute work nonetheless. 

You’d like the ‘B’ - Living in the Recent Past/F*ck the Dees.

29 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Dundee Utd went down at Dens Park...

Eta: What fat, lazy lark gets up just before midday?

29 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

...Dundee United went down at Dens Park...

Come on guys you are better than this, we want some fresh content, not the recycling of things we already know.

We were indeed involved in a match at Dens Park in 2016 that confirmed our relegation, we did not sell our allocation that night either. We know this.

It was also pointed out last night that we once had a pitch invasion at Airdrie, and it was indeed a total minter (I myself did not get involved, I'm always a little worried that the goal would be ruled out and that this would elevate the minter beyond what it already was).

Let's all embrace the present, let's all talk about the the here and now. Right now you will have a few weeks of gloating to put up with, thats what getting pumped 6-2 results in, but you will have the chance to neutralise that when we meet again in November. If you do absolutely ruin us that night then by all means throw the kitchen sink at us, we will deserve it. 

"stop living in the past! We beat you 6-2!" "Yes, on Friday. Which also is in the past" 

"Aye but errrrr" 

Class. 

Technically Friday is in the past (time has a funny way of working like that). However, does Friday have current implications on the league we are both involved in, and by association, the plans for both teams in the near future? It does.

Arguing that Friday should be brushed aside as a historical event is a bold move, but crack on.

8 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Technically Friday is in the past (time has a funny way of working like that). However, does Friday have current implications on the league we are both involved in, and by association, the plans for both teams in the near future? It does.

Arguing that Friday should be brushed aside as a historical event is a bold move, but crack on.

Wouldn’t worry; Dele’s post was 16 minutes ago so has no relevance.

21 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Whom is arguing that? 

The past day has seen numerous United fans claim that bringing up the doon derby is "living in the past" yet they keep harping on about two (yes, 2) 6-2 scorelines. Those were both in the past, too. 

I like how you want to move the goalposts about what it may or not mean in the future. I feel you've played your hand too early. 

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

Whom is arguing that? 

The past day has seen numerous United fans claim that bringing up the doon derby is "living in the past" yet they keep harping on about two (yes, 2) 6-2 scorelines. Those were both in the past, too. 

I like how you want to move the goalposts about what it may or not mean in the future. I feel you've played your hand too early. 

I certainly haven't. The only scoreline between the two sides that means anything to me at the moment is the previous one, and once the game in a few weeks happens it will then be that one (as I explained previously, this season is a new thing for us all to mock each other for and there are four single games that add to that). My goalposts have always been firmly clamped in one place, and at the moment those goalposts have seen us score 6, you score 2 and us win the first derby of the season. Beyond this thread I am not really badgering on about it and once this has died down it will be the build up to the next one that gets it going again. I'm certainly not interested in speaking about it beyond the odd comment after these few days have passed (I still have work to look forward to tomorrow though).

We've had a long time of rightly being mocked for relegation (and at Dens) plus the shit show we've been through in the last few seasons but all that matters right now is this season and this battle between the two Dundee teams (who I still think will finish comfortably ahead of others in the division). 

Edit - As an aside to this I did a podcast during the week and was asked if I would take four defeats to Dundee but promotion and I chose promotion. The derby stuff is brilliant and I am glad it is back but we have been in this division long enough and I want out (regardless of what happens across these four games). 

I, for one, am stunned that Utd fans are happy to talk about Friday night's derby but feel we shouldn't mention the Doon Derby. 
Stunned I tell you. 

You should consider a career in psychoanalysis with hot takes like that.

Archived