Caley Thistle vs Hoppy's Leaky Goal Machine

7 minutes ago, Lex said:

Ooft, a league cup group game before we had signed anyone which we lost in a penalty shoot out.

Nope, this is much worse. Seaside leagues are calling (again). Big Thommo trying to keep a straight face at the eternal comedy club that is Greenock Morton emoji23.png

You lost to a team literally 4 tiers below you. 

Morton get pumped at Inverness all the time, but we'll be doing well to match THAT particular embarrassment.

Could also be worse again mind, you could vote Tory. 😂

Edited by GiGi

Danny Rogers is also no better than Ramsbottom.

We don't have a single defender that can actually defend.

And when Cadden and Nesbitt both have an off night we've not got a lot at the top end of the park either tbh.

5 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

This won't mean anything to anyone but I'm careering around Harare, Zimbabwe pished as f**k on Jameson and I've just heard that we won 5-0. Has this actually happened?

The scoreline is correct.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 minutes ago, Scosha said:
Our defence somehow getting worse. 

If they could keep it up for one more week that'd be smashing.

They're not close to your lot IMO, the auld yin and or El Bak will have a field day.

You lost to a team literally 4 tiers below you. 
Morton get pumped at Inverness all the time, but we'll be doing well to match THAT particular embarrassment.
Could also be worse again mind, you could vote Tory. [emoji23]

Oh indeed, Morton have never been on the wrong end of a cup upset. Hold on...

IMG_1550.jpg

Whoops, and that was the Scottish Cup and in 90 minutes too 🤣 Your club is an eternal joke and I’m delighted at the state you’re in due to this.

That was one of those games where the opposition suddenly curled up into a ball so quickly that it was hard to judge how good we actually were, or how good we could be. We didn't really have control of the game at any point until we went 2-0 up, and then Morton just shrivelled. It seems clear that in Doran, Walsh and possibly Keatings we have some of the most talented attacking players in the division, capable of making opposing defenders shit themselves and back off, but I'm not sure yet that there's enough behind them to make us into the sort of team that can put together a really good run. Enjoyable to watch tonight though.     

Edited by alternative maryhill

The really concerning thing about tonight is that it happened when we actually had the strongest midfield out with Blues finally dropped and hopefully launched into the Sun. The defence has always been gash but the midfield in front of it has to at least attempt to protect it, we had our best personnel minus Lyon tonight and the midfield was still invisible.

A minimum of two signings needed in the next couple of days to keep McLean from ever stepping on a football pitch again and hopefully claw our way to eighth.

Edited by Dunning1874

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Whoops, and that was the Scottish Cup and in 90 minutes too 🤣 Your club is an eternal joke and I’m delighted at the state you’re in due to this.

Shit as it was it wasn't as bad as East fucking Kilbride from a premiership team. Glad to see you're waiting on Morton giving you some joy though. Maybe they'll commemorate the event at your stadium Celtic shop.😂

What a game didn't expect that scoreline so much for ICT being a team that plays for 0-0 draws 😅

Keatings was brilliant so was McCart. The whole team played great but those two were the stand outs for me. 

Morton just collapsed in the 2nd half they actually weren't too bad in the first half. Once we scored the second goal we gained confidence & ran riot. 

Edited by Super Caley Man

4 minutes ago, Super Caley Man said:

What a game didn't expect that scoreline so much for ICT being a team that plays for 0-0 draws 😅

Keatings was brilliant so was McCart. The whole team played great but those two were the stand outs for me. 

Morton just collapsed in the 2nd half they actually weren't too bad in the first half. Once we scored the second goal we gained confidence & ran riot. 

Thought Rooney was a standout tonight for you 

Edited by #Gary

14 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Thought Rooney was a standout tonight for you 

He had a great game as well to be fair. Put on a good few runs & should of had an assist moments after the first goal . But unfortunately Doran hit the bar much prefer him at RB then Brad Mackay David Carson or Kevin Mchattie. 

We've known since the season started that we require CB's. It just hasn't happened for Hoppy in trying to bring anyone in so far.

McAlister is alright as cover but he's not a CB and it showed tonight. McLean inexplicably trying to play offside cost us two goals. 

Priority is at least one more CB of decent quality, hopefully two.     

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I’m sure everyone who watched the first 45 minutes of this will be eagerly tuning back in for this absolute pile of w**k.

Bring the back the lose 5-3 tactics.

A sterling effort from Hopkin but sadly just fell short.