FM 2020

ajwffc

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Apparently Hibs have no money to spend in this year's save :lol: 

I'd take it with a pinch of salt, as a lot of people complain about that before they realise ticking the "no first window transfers" box means you dont get a budget.

Anyone managed to sort the real names fix? Tried it and Juve still called Zebre FC? Want to play with Cagliari now they have Nainggolan but doesn't work. 
See the 1st post here

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/50426/fm2020-licensing-and-real-name-fix-file-v01-for-fm20-beta-awaiting-release

Wanted to take over Scotland but felt cheap having that playoff spot in the back pocket, so spent this evening trying to get them to lose. It's harder than you might think. Qualified from the group twice before finally missing out. Needed to just not get beat against Russia in Moscow on final day and lost 2-1. Seemed fitting. 

Then beat Finland in the playoff semi at Hampden, and drew home advantage in the final against Norway. Finished 2-2 after we missed a penalty, John Souttar with an own goal to level it. Went to penalties and, to cap off his wonderful evening, Souttar missed his penalty to put us out. 

Oh so Scotland. This should be fun. 

Started one with Plymouth, after 10 games, sit joint top with 20 points. Cannot score to save my life.

Signed Daniel Harvie from Ayr who has slotted in well, and got Ross McCormack on a free, he loves to miss a penalty. Also got Billy Gilmour in on loan. He has been very good.

Performance wise, no difference to last year for me. Have 14 leagues running from 4 countries, small database and have 4 star computer performance and 5 star game speed.

Edited by LondonHMFC

372932618_St.Johnstone_Fixtures.thumb.png.ca26ae8e30cd43b6fe2e3cb871fd38e3.png

A lesson in why you should never give up. A tactical tweak here, and a tactical tweak there, and suddenly we catch fire and I get players scoring.

Dunno if theyve managed to play yet, but fellow Saints fans...
[mention=18310]Widge[/mention] [mention=54832]perthsaint1977[/mention]
The clubs "vision" only has 3 requirements. Stay within the wage budget at all times, and avoid relegation, and make the Quarters of the Scottish in the first season.
Five year plan never goes beyond sustaining a top half spot. 
Glad at that as I worried every job would end with ridiculous title challenge demands after a few seasons.
I am not involved in anything related to FM ... My last involvement was 2018. Can't see me getting FM2020 ( didn't get 2019) and still playing a long term saints save on 2018.
Hopefully the researcher for 2020 was better than 2019 as read alot of grumbling from saints fans about it

47 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

If there are any other data issues that have been spotted, I have a limited window to fix them so please let me know.

All I've noticed with Saints is Zander Clark's contract should run until 2022 instead of 2020, and pur young striker is still called Jordan Northcroft, when his surname is actually Northcott.

27 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

A few clubs have enough wage budget to sign an additional player but that's about it.

Sorry for butting in, but every time I start a save with St Johnstone, you have a testimonial for Steven Anderson scheduled, despite his testimonial game being played two Summers ago.

Murray Davidsons is also scheduled for the first Summer, but didnt happen this season in real life so should be the second Summer.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sorry for butting in, but every time I start a save with St Johnstone, you have a testimonial for Steven Anderson scheduled, despite his testimonial game being played two Summers ago.

Murray Davidsons is also scheduled for the first Summer, but didnt happen this season in real life so should be the second Summer.

I've gone back and added Anderson's real testimonial date so he won't get one in the game. I've added a hypothetical date of late July next year for Davidson.

Please feel free to report any other issues as well.

How is the Beta? I'm in a Football Manager mood and tempted to get it today but also know that maybe the sensible thing to do is wait until the full release. In general how is it looking?
I haven't played too much so far, so the only thing I can say is that, like a few others, it's running awffy slowly on my laptop.