The Big Relegation Thread

The last few times I have watched Hearts they have looked good for large parts of the game but came away with nothing. I will be surprised if they don't start picking up points soon.

They were diabolical against Falkirk at the weekend and couldn’t get any service to Boyce and Naismith against a seaside league pub team.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Yeah, I definitely agree with the first part. They have dropped a lot of points they probably shouldn't have. I struggle to see a team with Boyce and Naismith up front not doing enough to finish a couple of places higher though.

Where as they have picked up points where they definitely shouldn't have, Mcdiarmid last minute equaliser springs to mind.

32 minutes ago, virginton said:

They were diabolical against Falkirk at the weekend and couldn’t get any service to Boyce and Naismith against a seaside league pub team.

7 goals in their previous 3 before that one. The problems seemed to be at the other end of the park.

7 goals in their previous 3 before that one. The problems seemed to be at the other end of the park.

All teams at the bottom concede hand over fist. The difference is having someone who will guarantee goals. Hearts have two of them. Hamilton, County, St Mirren and St Johnstone have nary one between them.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

All teams at the bottom concede hand over fist. The difference is having someone who will guarantee goals. Hearts have two of them. Hamilton, County, St Mirren and St Johnstone have nary one between them.

Bitch please.

That goal king 'OG' has 2 in 2.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

In terms of "minutes per goal" this season, Callum Hendry obliterates both Naismith and Boyce, that's him up 7 goals for us now.

Obika at St Mirren also has better than both.

In terms of "minutes per goal" this season, Callum Hendry obliterates both Naismith and Boyce, that's him up 7 goals for us now.

Obika at St Mirren also has better than both.

If either of those players ends up with 15+ league goals, their team will be fine.

Likewise Ross Stewart for us. I have far more faith in the Hearts duo than the others. That being said, I’ve just seen the Hearts game highlights from last night. Oh boy.

Problem with teams at that part of the league is they dont perform well regularly. If you're not picking up points when you're playing well, you'll struggle when you dip.
Hearts are due a run of results though.
Why are they due a run of results? They are down there because they haven't been good enough. They got a point at McDiarmid that they didn't deserve, so can't point to bad luck. They're due nothing and if their performances don't improve significantly then they could very easily be relegated and deservedly so. There's no such thing as too big or too good to go down.

We've got McCann
Ali McCann
I just don't think you understand....

12 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Why are they due a run of results? They are down there because they haven't been good enough. They got a point at McDiarmid that they didn't deserve, so can't point to bad luck. They're due nothing and if their performances don't improve significantly then they could very easily be relegated and deservedly so. There's no such thing as too big or too good to go down.

Teams at the bottom usually have a wee death rattle late on, I think even Dundee managed one last season.

Itll all depend on Hamilton for Hearts I think.

Teams at the bottom usually have a wee death rattle late on, I think even Dundee managed one last season.
Itll all depend on Hamilton for Hearts I think.

From memory Dundee’s death rattle was a couple of goals at fir park before going on to lose the game anyway.

For the first time in years I don't really want anyone to be relegated. 

St Mirren/Ross County - good guys.

Hearts - easy points, big away support. 

Accies - continue the Sportsound seethe. 

If only we could get Dundee back for three months and enjoy their demise all over again.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

From memory Dundee’s death rattle was a couple of goals at fir park before going on to lose the game anyway.

They had a run where they only lost 1 in 5 games in February time.

Edited by RandomGuy.

35 minutes ago, The Marly said:
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:
They had a run where they only lost 1 in 5 games in February time.

A run of 3 where they drew with Accies and Killie then beat Livingston.

Then I think they went from there to the end of season losing all their games bar one.