The Big Relegation Thread

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I reckon Kilmarnock will turn a corner and do ok under Wright in a play off/Championship scenario.

I think the best chance for other Championship clubs next season would be Ross County coming down.

Ross County who spend a fortune every Summer with their squad of 50 players?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Precisely why I said I'd much rather welcome down Killie or Accies over them. Both of those teams have potential for stagnation and even a bit of a collapse. Ol' Roy however will just chuck another few million at the problem.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Oil price is shite, along with the financial situation brought by Covid and a relegation, will he still plough that amount in?

5 hours ago, Ric said:

If you want to do the maths, you go right ahead! I'm sure if either team were arithmetically safe someone would have said so by now, it's go to be a slim chance if it's one at all though. Not that I'd want to rob you of the fun of a full on collapse at Tannadice.

Saints are safe from automatic relegation. Its early morning but I don't think we can get 12th as there isn't enough games for all of 10th to 12th given they are playing each other. 

Hamilton need points from all remaining 5 games, Killie need 4 wins.  If both those sides get 4 wins (and a draw for Accies), then Ross County can only get 10 points when they need 11.  If County get what they need then something has to give for Killie or Accies. 

Playoffs, however are possible but would need a pretty freak set of results. 

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

Saints are safe from automatic relegation. Its early morning but I don't think we can get 12th as there isn't enough games for all of 10th to 12th given they are playing each other.

I actually don't think we can end up in the play off position. It's not just a case of every team below us winning every game they have because as we know the remaining games are against those who also need to win every game - and there's only 5 games left.

Like you though, I'm not going to officially call it, purely because I've not sat down and worked it out.

Again, without working it out, I'm pretty sure that for, let's say, the bottom two teams to catch us, that would also necessitate that at least two of the others wouldn't pick up enough points to catch us. Sadly I really can't be bothered to do the maths.

18 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Sadly I really can't be bothered to do the maths.

Heh... basically the same position as both me and @flyingscot! :lol:

That said, it's actually a reason to be happy. The fact we don't need to do the maths.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Heh... basically the same position as both me and @flyingscot! :lol:

That said, it's actually a reason to be happy. The fact we don't need to do the maths.

Actually, I just did...

We can't finish 12th, but we can finish 11th if Accies win 5, Killie win 4, Well win 2 (against us and United) , United win 1 (against us) and County win 3 but finish bottom.

Just an example.

Yous played well enough last night. 
Definitely should be strong enough for 2nd place imo. 
I agree about your manager though- should be doing so much better. 

Interesting prediction considering Dundee haven’t spent a single week this season in 2nd place. Not saying you’re wrong but the way things are going they’ve as much chance of ending outside the playoffs as in second as everyone is beating everyone in the Championship, Hearts are the only team who are assured their position.

County being relegated is the worst scenario for us jobber clubs. They’ve won the Championship next season before a ball is kicked if they go down.

Actually, I just did...
We can't finish 12th, but we can finish 11th if Accies win 5, Killie win 4, Well win 2 (against us and United) , United win 1 (against us) and County win 3 but finish bottom.
Just an example.
Bet365 still have us and United at 1000/1 to finish bottom, there must be some way it's possible unless they have got it wrong?

Maybe worth a quid bet just incase [emoji23].

25 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Bet365 still have us and United at 1000/1 to finish bottom, there must be some way it's possible unless they have got it wrong?

Maybe worth a quid bet just incase emoji23.png.

Nah, we definitely can't. Hamilton need all five wins to beat us; County and Killie need four wins each, which obviously they can't do if they've both lost to Accies and also have to play each other.

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Can’t see anyone in the Championship being consistent enough to win the Playoffs so club 11 should stay up this season.

Funny you should mention that as the following would suggest many agree...