The Big Relegation Thread

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No, but it was practically nailed on last week who the top 6 would be. Wouldnt have took much to work out the fixtures and tweek it if needed 

Except once again it wasn't? There were 3 different permutations that we're still on the table until 4.30pm on Saturday. I don't disagree that they could of forward planned all the outcomes, but to say it was nailed on is simply not true.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Except once again it wasn't? There were 3 different permutations that we're still on the table until 4.30pm on Saturday. I don't disagree that they could of forward planned all the outcomes, but to say it was nailed on is simply not true.

Too much effort for them to be arsed probably, and there is no real rush with it being a fortnight to the post split games being played.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

The fact st Mirren lost and still ended up in the top 6 says it all. No way were st Johnstone beating hibs or livi beating a rejuvenated Utd. Take all that away theyve still had since 5pm Saturday to get fixtures out. They're either milking it or incompetent 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The fact st Mirren lost and still ended up in the top 6 says it all. No way were st Johnstone beating hibs or livi beating a rejuvenated Utd. Take all that away theyve still had since 5pm Saturday to get fixtures out. They're either milking it or incompetent 

It’s Monday lunchtime ffs. 

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I mean that's not how football works at all, in no world can you say that at any point. You can't just sort the fixtures out based on what you think should happen. Saints could easily have beaten Hibs and likewise United's keeper could have flogged a few goals.

I agree that they could do more to speed the process up, but you're slavering if you think the top and bottom 6 was in any way decided before 4.30pm on Saturday. That's absolute nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It’s Monday lunchtime ffs. 

Have to wonder why an Ayr fan cares about it so much anyway

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Bet pre match you'd have said there was no way Killie was beating St Mirren, fact was the outcome wasn't nailed on till the final games were played. 

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Seeing who we are going to get in the play off final 😉

Surely, as someone who knew all the weekends results before they happened, you already know who itll be.

6 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Has a side finishing fourth in the Championship ever won through the play-off's?

It was tough enough for us when we did it after finishing second.

I don't think the 4th place side has ever won a tie. I'm sure that was mentioned last year. 

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have to wonder why an Ayr fan cares about it so much anyway

Last time Ayr were a relevance in the top division Hugh Sproat (The Punk Goalie) was the Ayr goalie.

IMG_1490.jpeg.fa63e73d99511923138ffaa27a94543b.jpeg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977–78_Scottish_Premier_Division

St Mirren under Fergie helped to relegate this mob.

The game that was deemed crucial between ourselves was 7 games before the end of the season when Frank McGarvey scored late on although Sproat was not playing that day.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1977&GameID=197803180

Hugh Sproat used to wear a blue jersey against Celtic and a green jersey against Rangers. 

That season Celtic finished in 6th position 19 points behind the winners. They were closer to relegation than winning the league.

IMG_1492.thumb.png.53e1c59bff26b7b489f0b2f7e90a2088.png

Edited by Molotov

19 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Has a side finishing fourth in the Championship ever won through the play-off's?

It was tough enough for us when we did it after finishing second.

11 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I don't think the 4th place side has ever won a tie. I'm sure that was mentioned last year. 

Yep, believe the 4th placed team have always been knocked out by the 3rd placed team.

Rangers, Dundee United, and Caley have made it to the final after finishing 3rd but none of them won it.

17 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Last time Ayr were a relevance in the top division Hugh Sproat (The Punk Goalie) was the Ayr goalie.

IMG_1490.jpeg.fa63e73d99511923138ffaa27a94543b.jpeg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977–78_Scottish_Premier_Division

St Mirren under Fergie helped to relegate this mob.

The game that was deemed crucial between ourselves was 7 games before the end of the season when Frank McGarvey scored late on although Sproat was not playing that day.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1977&GameID=197803180

Hugh Sproat used to wear a blue jersey against Celtic and a green jersey against Rangers. 

That season Celtic finished in 6th position 19 points behind the winners. They were closer to relegation than winning the league.

IMG_1492.thumb.png.53e1c59bff26b7b489f0b2f7e90a2088.png

Shuggie did the same  blue/green top thing when he played for Motherwell as well. I don't know who he actually supported or if he just liked being a wind-up merchant. 

5 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Shuggie did the same  blue/green top thing when he played for Motherwell as well. I don't know who he actually supported or if he just liked being a wind-up merchant. 

He also was with you when you were relegated straight back down the following season I believe. But of a jinx was Shuggie! 😂 

Seeing the fan of a team that employed Alan Main talking about sporting integrity here is fairly fucking delicious, by the way.

The one tiny silver lining of our dogshit performance/result at the weekend was that it helped to maintain St Johnstone's involvement at the wrong end.