The Big Relegation Thread

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I’m hoping that David Martindale goes with some crazy selections with Livingston during the split just to liven up the seethe levels among the other clubs. 
Motherwell can oblige too once they are mathematically safe. 😂 

We'll most likely be leaving some players out with a view to next season. Nicky Devlin, Jack Fitzwater, Andrew Shinnie, and Stephane Omeonga are all out of contract so will probably be relegated to the bench (Omeonga has already had that for a while, Fitzwater slowly phased out with Luiyi de Lucas coming in, Shinnie always been a fringe player anyway).

Nouble will likely still play as I think we're trying to sell him this summer, but wouldn't surprise me to see him coming off a bit earlier or coming on as a sub a couple times.

The difference in prize money for us is next to nothing as anything extra we'd get for finishing 7th instead of 10th is made up by staff/player bonuses, so our season is well and truly finished in every sense. Think Martindale said himself it's now about focusing on a new team and new tactics for next season so he may well be toying with different formations as well, but you can all rest easy with your sporting integrity; we've been handing out points for months anyway.

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

but you can all rest easy with your sporting integrity; we've been handing out points for months anyway.

I agree but you just know this is Scottish fitba and we enjoy the watching the seethe-ometer. 

Surely Motherwell can’t do a “hibs” slide down the table. 

I desperately want this to go right to the wire on the last day with the relegation express not knowing which stadium to stop off at. 

Yep people expecting us to get wins here are a bit off. We’re going to be dropping starters all over the place.

This is a Livi team that’ll likely see us drop Devlin, Fitzwater, Nouble and more. It’ll also probably f**k up someone’s season too

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Yep people expecting us to get wins here are a bit off. We’re going to be dropping starters all over the place.

This is a Livi team that’ll likely see us drop Devlin, Fitzwater, Nouble and more. It’ll also probably f**k up someone’s season too

With respect I suspect most people on this thread have already experienced a season phuque up.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

As a supporter whose team has picked up a whopping zero points against Livi, I for one welcome our new West Lothian underlords. 

4 hours ago, dezz said:

We'll be fine. Our record against other bottom 6 teams is decent and we're on a good run of form at the minute with the most in form striker in the league.

St Johnstone won't finish bottom, but Utd seem to finally have clicked and if Killie can maintain their home form and finally start picking up points away from home as they did at the weekend, I could see them sliding to 11th but staying up via the playoffs again.  

Motherwell are pretty much safe at 37 points given their goal difference. Kettlewell has done brilliantly as I really thought Motherwell looked in trouble at one point. 

I can't see Ross County getting to 10th on current form, but St Johnstone's form is equally poor. That head to head will be crucial to whoever finishes bottom.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

I desperately want this to go right to the wire on the last day with the relegation express not knowing which stadium to stop off at. 

I'm not exactly confident about that happening.

Spoiler

Ross County's chief striker has played every minute of their last six matches and hasn't registered a shot on target.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Not understanding the angst on the last page about fixtures. I'm pretty sure it was set that the fixtures were being published on the Tuesday though I can't remember where I heard or read that.

Might be way off but I thought they were usually out a good few days after the last game.

Obviously it's nice to know the fixtures as early as possible to start planning your trips etc, but some of the seethe around it just seems a bit over the top.

Would definitely like it in future if, when they publish their "Key Dates" for the season, that they can stick a day in for fixtures being announced. Then they can give a time, give folk a small something to look forward to - bit like when the league fixtures are announced.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Someone needs to stop our players speaking to the media. 

Screenshot_20230424_075534_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e2728da51cf732823b4e33966458b1c7.jpg

Considine at it today. Cammy MacPherson made a similar claim 5 games ago and we didnt win a single one.

I've had in mind to propose that any Utd player that gives a quantifiable statement/target to the Courier should be subsequently fined a weeks wages for every measurable point the reality is away from their stupid idea.*

*in the fantastically unlikely scenario they overperform, bonuses would not apply.

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I've had in mind to propose that any Utd player that gives a quantifiable statement/target to the Courier should be subsequently fined a weeks wages for every measurable point the reality is away from their stupid idea.*

*in the fantastically unlikely scenario they overperform, bonuses would not apply.

Its a remarkable timeline we have.

Considine in August - "we can finish in the top 4"

Considine in October - "we can finish in the top 6"

Considine in January - "we can finish in the top 6"

MacPherson in March - "we can win 5 games in a row and make top 6"

Considine in April - "we can win 5 in a row and comfortably avoid relegation"

Presumably the next stage is "we can win both our final games and avoid 12th"

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Seeing the fan of a team that employed Alan Main talking about sporting integrity here is fairly fucking delicious, by the way.

The way this thread was going it was an absolute certainty he was going to get mentioned sooner rather than later.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a remarkable timeline we have.

Considine in August - "we can finish in the top 4"

Considine in October - "we can finish in the top 6"

Considine in January - "we can finish in the top 6"

MacPherson in March - "we can win 5 games in a row and make top 6"

Considine in April - "we can win 5 in a row and comfortably avoid relegation"

Presumably the next stage is "we can win both our final games and avoid 12th"

" We can win the playoffs comfortably."

" We can win promotion at the first attempt." 

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Seeing the fan of a team that employed Alan Main talking about sporting integrity here is fairly fucking delicious, by the way.

The one tiny silver lining of our dogshit performance/result at the weekend was that it helped to maintain St Johnstone's involvement at the wrong end. 

giphy-6.webp