The Big Relegation Thread

On 01/03/2024 at 06:41, hk blues said:

Shouldn't this be posted in the "Things You Made Up Thread"? 

Shouldn't this be posted in 'what the f**k are you talking about'?

On 01/03/2024 at 10:11, hk blues said:

So not week in, week out then.  

F**k me, you're a humourless fuckwit, eh? 

Or, to be strictly fair, maybe just not the sharpest tool in the box - exaggeration for (in this case self-deprecating) comic effect it's called. It's actually quite common on things like football fora, as opposed to the court of law you appear to think this place is.

Edited by lennyzer0

9 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Or, to be strictly fair, maybe just not the sharpest tool in the box - exaggeration for (in this case self-deprecating) comic effect it's called. It's actually quite common on things like football fora, as opposed to the court of law you appear to think this place is.

image.jpeg.ab36e84fd1a872b555ae663b4b1652e5.jpeg

16 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Ouch - that burned.

Ach - what do you expect when you consider exaggeration to be the same as self-deprecation?  They're f*****g opposites! 

Edited by hk blues

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Ach - what do you expect when you consider exaggeration to be the same as self-deprecation?  They're f*****g opposites! 

I'm not 100% convinced that you actually understood a single post of mine in this thread - or what either of those words mean (hint: the two things are not opposites). 

Or, for that matter, why you're getting so riled up about it. Strange behaviour.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Lennyzer seems like a very angry man. Everything OK hon?

'seems like a very angry man'? That's a pretty odd take from a couple of fairly innocuous posts, the first of which was mocking my own team's European defeats last year.

Apologies if hk blues is your dad or something - I didn't mean to set him off.

Edited by lennyzer0

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

He's been like that since 1986. 

Genuinely the worst dad patter ever.

Why on Earth should I give a toss about 1986? It was - almost literally - a lifetime ago. I would be as well getting upset about losing the title on the last day in 1965 or the cup final defeat of 1976. Some Dundee fans really are weirdly obsessed with a football game from nearly 40 years ago.

Anyway, I'll leave you to it. This has taken a peculiar and pretty dull turn, and I don't come on here to get involved in arguments, really.

Edited by lennyzer0

16 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

'seems like a very angry man'? That's a pretty odd take from a couple of fairly innocuous posts, the first of which was mocking my own team's European defeats last year.

Seriously, are you alright?

If these are 'innocuous' postings then you definitely are a very angry man. Going on about da' patter when you're hitting out with 'is he yer da'.

Chill out man, it's inly a game if football that you're chatting with anonymous people on the Internet about.

45 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

I'm not 100% convinced that you actually understood a single post of mine in this thread - or what either of those words mean (hint: the two things are not opposites). 

Or, for that matter, why you're getting so riled up about it. Strange behaviour.

Bizarre. Totally bizarre.

On 05/03/2024 at 18:31, lennyzer0 said:

54 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Obviously we can add innocuous to the list of words you don't know the meaning of. 

This reminds me of a long forgotten ( and missed) police tactic of simply standing back whilst two local worthies beat the crap out of each other whilst mouthing evermore incoherent bollocks. They let them do it because eventually they would just tire themselves out.winning comedy central GIF by Drunk History

8 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Genuinely the worst dad patter ever.

Why on Earth should I give a toss about 1986? It was - almost literally - a lifetime ago. I would be as well getting upset about losing the title on the last day in 1965 or the cup final defeat of 1976. Some Dundee fans really are weirdly obsessed with a football game from nearly 40 years ago.

Anyway, I'll leave you to it. This has taken a peculiar and pretty dull turn, and I don't come on here to get involved in arguments, really.

gore GIF by absurdnoise

9 hours ago, Steve Carrella said:

This reminds me of a long forgotten ( and missed) police tactic of simply standing back whilst two local worthies beat the crap out of each other whilst mouthing evermore incoherent bollocks. They let them do it because eventually they would just tire themselves out.winning comedy central GIF by Drunk History

It’s what happens when people’s normality is shifted. 

Supporters of two shite yoyo clubs who are massively over-achieving this season leaves these types spiritually lost.

They feel they belong on the  big relegation thread, but can’t adjust to it not being about them.

Aberdeen absolute shite tonight. 1-0 flattered them.  No fight at all from them.

That's us all but safe (as are Hibs) - but we could yet determine who ends up in the play-off place.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Screenshot_20240313_215213_Chrome.jpg.d53148acf277e787ba8e88dc27840797.jpg

Screenshot_20240313_215246_Chrome.thumb.jpg.18754f861af301eb4e372e4b5f6e05b9.jpg

Dundee get the RG guarantee of 36pts and will no longer appear. Hibernian shouldve done too tonight but fucked it late.

County both disappointed and delighted with a draw i guess, but Aberdeen really, really, need to get their next appointment right. 

Screenshot_20240313_215224_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2d5dacac8ec7e4896f928e9b4429f60f.jpg

0 points for St Johnstone leaves the door open for them getting dragged back in by County, who have a slightly more winnable game.

Hibernian likely go to 36 or more after this?