The Big Relegation Thread

9 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m starting to feel good about dancing on the grave of the Perth mob when they go down. It would be sweet if Dundee can grab that 11th play off spot.

Aww...your "big pal" will be sad if we get relegated though 😟

It doesn't matter who finishes 11th/12th, both sides will be relegated unless their managers realise that you actually need to win games of football, instead of thinking shitfesting draws every week keeps them in a job beyond the Summer because it gives the impression they're "organised".

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It doesn't matter who finishes 11th/12th, both sides will be relegated unless their managers realise that you actually need to win games of football, instead of thinking shitfesting draws every week keeps them in a job beyond the Summer because it gives the impression they're "organised".

Having had the misfortune of watching a number of Championship games this season, I think your certainty is misplaced.

The play-off final will be between two absolutely shite teams and will be anybody's game.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You guys can make it through the rest of the season, including play-offs, without winning another game (in 90 minutes) and still stay up.  

7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Having had the misfortune of watching a number of Championship games this season, I think your certainty is misplaced.

The play-off final will be between two absolutely shite teams and will be anybody's game.

We've already been dominated by Arbroath this season, and that was before we sold Jason Kerr and Ali McCann, so I'm not holding out any hope about that.

There's no chance we beat a McInnes Kilmarnock side either, that's not how the world works.

6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You guys can make it through the rest of the season, including play-offs, without winning another game (in 90 minutes) and still stay up.  

Well aye, and the Sun could implode tomorrow. Lots of things could theoretically come true but likely won't.

32 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Can't believe it's been two whole years since we last won a scrappy 1-0 midweek game to leave a team stuck on 23 points at the 30-game stage.

With EightGamestoGo (TM), Dundee still have hope: just do what Hearts were 100% definitely going to do in 2020 and win all eight remaining fixtures, finish on 47 points and laugh at the team dropping down. 

Yknow, I had thought I'd lost all sense of encouragement up until reading this. Now I feel arrogantly confident that we're going to be alright.

Also for the record, I just want to say that since we're now in the exact situation that Hearts were in prior to that fateful vote, you definitely were too shite and blatantly deserved relegation.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well aye, and the Sun could implode tomorrow. Lots of things could theoretically come true but likely won't.

So you're saying that the end of mankind is as likely to happen as Saints not winning another game yet staying up?  FFS.

The point being is with us (Dundee) being as bad as we are it's not improbable we will not win another game.  Which means...

Dundee look absolute certainties to go down for me. I realise they had a few missing last night but they really were shite.

St Johnstone look a better, more organised team and I reckon they'll easily finish 11th.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Dundee look absolute certainties to go down for me. I realise they had a few missing last night but they really were shite.

St Johnstone look a better, more organised team and I reckon they'll easily finish 11th.

Strange you say that, considering we have taken more points from you this season than St Johnstone have.

StM v Dundee - W1, D1, L1

StM v St Johnstone - W1, D2, L0

15 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Strange you say that, considering we have taken more points from you this season than St Johnstone have.

StM v Dundee - W1, D1, L1

StM v St Johnstone - W1, D2, L0

Got to take the small wins where you can, pal. Keep fighting the good fight. 

It was a reasonable question, as Dundee had apparently outplayed st Mirren in the two previous games between the sides, whereas we've been rotten all three times we've played the pandas this season.

So it would seem more likely that a mirrens fan would see Dundee as the better side.