The Big Relegation Thread

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

So you're saying that the end of mankind is as likely to happen as Saints not winning another game yet staying up?  FFS.

Yeah, Dundee won't go without winning another game this season IMO, especially after the split.

Only thing in our favour is its now in our hands, we simply have to match Dundees results to finish 11th. Next two games a massive chance for us to make a statement, but I can't see us winning both, then we'll lose v Celtic, so Dundee just need 1 win from 3 to keep up.

It'll come down to the head to head game after the split I reckon, whoever wins that probably secures 11th.

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It was a reasonable question, as Dundee had apparently outplayed st Mirren in the two previous games between the sides, whereas we've been rotten all three times we've played the pandas this season.

So it would seem more likely that a mirrens fan would see Dundee as the better side.

had they?

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Strange you say that, considering we have taken more points from you this season than St Johnstone have.

StM v Dundee - W1, D1, L1

StM v St Johnstone - W1, D2, L0

So basically St Mirrens inability to deal with the league’s swamp dwellers has cost them top 4 spot. Damn you both.

I’d quite like to see St Mirren in bottom 6 just to see the final nails in the coffin. 

It might be quite interesting to see Aberdeen plummet like Hibs a few years back to make it even funnier.

44 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We didn't.

Gordon Strachan and Mark McGhee did.

44 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Deep down, I don’t think mark mcghee did. 

If he'd just waited to get Covid after his touchline ban he could avoided every match :whistle

This was mentioned in BBC commentary last night but I didn't believe it, so had to check myself... in the 30 most recent games that Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell have played collectively, they've amassed one win between them. 

Astonishing form from some of our 'establishment' clubs there. Two of them will be grateful they stuck some points on the board in 2021. Aberdeen must be getting slightly twitchy...

image.png.36c9be8c5ca8f1162f319435bf4032c2.png

16 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

This was mentioned in BBC commentary last night but I didn't believe it, so had to check myself... in the 30 most recent games that Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell have played collectively, they've amassed one win between them. 

Astonishing form from some of our 'establishment' clubs there. Two of them will be grateful they stuck some points on the board in 2021. Aberdeen must be getting slightly twitchy...

image.png.36c9be8c5ca8f1162f319435bf4032c2.png

100%

I mean it’s an unwritten rule that Scotland’s premier establishment club Motherwell FC will never be relegated but there’s little doubt that ourselves and Aberdeen are two of the worst teams in the league.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, Dundee won't go without winning another game this season IMO, especially after the split.

Only thing in our favour is its now in our hands, we simply have to match Dundees results to finish 11th. Next two games a massive chance for us to make a statement, but I can't see us winning both, then we'll lose v Celtic, so Dundee just need 1 win from 3 to keep up.

It'll come down to the head to head game after the split I reckon, whoever wins that probably secures 11th.

Dundee will have us twice so you essentially have two games in hand.

6 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Forgive me if I’ve ran out of fucks to give about my “big pal “ or tree house Tam. 

Thank you.

That's a shame m8. It seemed like it was quite a significant relationship for you.