The Big Relegation Thread

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Always amazes me how many teams neglect the defence and goalkeeper when squad building. It can quite literally undermine everything you do. We’ve been guilty of it recently and it’s just so galling. 

Again, as someone who has very recent experience of this, having an inadequate goalkeeper can go a long way towards getting you relegated.

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Again, as someone who has very recent experience of this, having an inadequate goalkeeper can go a long way towards getting you relegated.

Agreed. It was very, very funny though. See also Joel pereira. 

18 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

The most damning thing I can say about Hibs is that they really remind me of the United team who were relegated a couple of years back. David Gray is your Liam Fox - put into a job he appears to have neither the ability nor the experience for, with overpaid signings bought above his head.

And they haven’t even had the distraction of European commitments that we did…

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your owner is a massive Tory m8.

Fairly sure Perth is the longest standing SNP seat too.

Hearts is fan-owned FFS.  Perth was Tory for years and has one of the strongest showings on the local council.

The owner...😆  Like saying Newcastle fans are Islamisist bampots.

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Jesus 🤣

I know, someone from... checks notes, Perth calling others Unionist. This is like James Blunt saying Coldplay are too posh.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your owner is a massive Tory m8.

Fairly sure Perth is the longest standing SNP seat too.

Sorry to be pedantic but the discussion is on Yoons not Torys.

What way did Perth vote in the Indy ref?

Just now, Crùbag said:

I know, someone from... checks notes, Perth calling others Unionist. This is like James Blunt saying Coldplay are too posh.

Going by his logic I suppose St Johnstone fans are all American lawyers. 🤣

Imagine thinking "millionaire is a tory" is some kind of GOTCHA.

23 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Based on what?

Most Jambos I know voted Yes. A poll on kickback saw a majority for Yes too.

As to own family, one side of family come from Catholic Irish who just happened to settle in Gorgie.

A bit rich coming from Perth which has one of biggest Tory votes in Scotland. Just as well most of us, older than 16, don't just blindy associate a club's support with certain politics. And, I'm very aware that we have our UJ-waving bozos but on what grounds do they represent our club more than the multi-cultural support as a whole who come from different backgrounds and have different politcal views. Salmond was a Jambo as is Ian Murray.

0_IRVINE_WELSH_HEARTS_TWEET_DN01JPG.webp.0a2dbf73d2603773607440062e67a1b5.webprangers-fans-union-jack-display-memory-her-1500w-13388012fs.thumb.jpg.ea5bc8389e3ad0cc28985fc0e46915c0.jpg

Case closed m'laud.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure if folk are being serious but it's still clearly us and County who are favourites for the bottom two.

Dundee/St Mirren have some underlying issues that could drag them down but they've also strengths that should see them thinking about the top 6 more than the bottom 2.

Hibs are the ones I'm most curious about though, they've kind of stealthily (to me) built a dreadful squad and handed it to a rookie. I think they're the team Saints/County should be aiming to finish above out of anyone.

I’m not sure it’s as clear cut as that.

Yes County and us are favourites, but most season’s there’s a club that comes out of relative comfort the year before to be embroiled in the dogfight.

Livi had been a fairly consistent mid table side for a few years then had an absolute stinker last season to finish adrift at the bottom.  3 years ago United went from 4th to rock bottom the following season. County went from 6th to the play off the following year, and we went from 5th to play off in 21-22. Although Aberdeen were comfortable in the end last season, for a good while they were alongside us at the bottom after finishing 3rd the previous season.

Outwith the big 2 clubs, there’s such mediocrity amongst the rest that a bad run and early loss of confidence, or a couple of injuries to key players can turn them into relegation candidates fairly quickly.  It wouldn’t be a big shock to see one of st Mirren/ Kilmarnock/ Dundee/ Hibs finish in the bottom two.

41 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

0_IRVINE_WELSH_HEARTS_TWEET_DN01JPG.webp.0a2dbf73d2603773607440062e67a1b5.webprangers-fans-union-jack-display-memory-her-1500w-13388012fs.thumb.jpg.ea5bc8389e3ad0cc28985fc0e46915c0.jpg

Case closed m'laud.

Five people in a photo?

Perth-and-Kinross-Map-2022.png?ssl=1

Meanwhile, Gorgie/ Saughton votes SNP x 2, Green and Labour.

Come back when you don't give Rangers fans most of your ground.

21 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Five people in a photo?

Perth-and-Kinross-Map-2022.png?ssl=1

Meanwhile, Gorgie/ Saughton votes SNP x 2, Green and Labour.

Come back when you don't give Rangers fans most of your ground.

We all know the persuasion of the majority of Jambos, just roll with being in the minority. A bit like us when we give half our ground to The Rangers. 

4 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Salmond was a Jambo as is Ian Murray

Mr sleepy cuddles and the biggest union jack flying twat MP in Scotland?

You didnt need to add the info that they were jambos...............

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

We shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom with the players we have,  but it's likely to take us a while to pull away with the fixtures we have between now and end of November. 

Fingers crossed it's Hibs

You’ll beat us next week and will be in the top 6 this season. 

10 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

You’ll beat us next week and will be in the top 6 this season. 

We beat Dundee United 4-0 at Tannadice the week before you lot beat us 6-2 back in 2000, and I've never forgotten that and been fooled by pre-derby form, but I'd broadly agree with you that I expect us to win next week.

We have no excuse for not qualifiying for Europe based on what's in the league this season, and I think we will.