The Big Relegation Thread

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

The points should never have been allocated before all appeals were exhausted, takes us back to a sensible position, but Motherwell and Hamilton have been messed around due to no fault of their own.

But again, you were quite happy to benefit from something that was not of your own doing. 

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
5 minutes ago, ropy said:
The points should never have been allocated before all appeals were exhausted, takes us back to a sensible position, but Motherwell and Hamilton have been messed around due to no fault of their own.

How have they been messed around? They knew the situation, I doubt they've played any differently because of some points being on the table.

Of course they have been messed about, they have been dropped league places and points just hours before a game.  They are where they should have been before the league teased them and toyed with them.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

A completely different point.

We've discussed this already, and it's really not.

If anything Motherwell and Hamilton have both benefited from being gifted those points. Mentally they would have had some pressure taken off them.

48 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think it's at least an acknowledgement that they were wrong to award the points while there was chance of an appeal.

Nobody's coming out of this looking good, mind.

We should never have been awarded the 3 points in those games … … they should be played

Having said that St Mirren should be docked 6 points and Killie 3 points for not fulfilling those fixtures … … anything else makes it a farce 

•  

Just now, Lobby Dossar said:

We should never have been awarded the 3 points in those games … … they should be played

Having said that St Mirren should be docked 6 points and Killie 3 points for not fulfilling those fixtures … … anything else makes it a farce 

•  
  •  

But we can fulfil the fixtures.

Just now, Ric said:

We've discussed this already, and it's really not.

If anything Motherwell and Hamilton have both benefited from being gifted those points. Mentally they would have had some pressure taken off them.

My point is that the points should never have been awarded.

Whether people were happy or sad at the award is a different point.

Of course they have been messed about, they have been dropped league places and points just hours before a game.  They are where they should have been before the league teased them and toyed with them.

🤣

I love this. ‘ We were given two three nil wins for games we never played, now they’ve been suspended we have been treated unfairly ‘

Nope, nope you haven’t.

1 minute ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Or, those fixtures are played. There's an idea.

Now, remind me what is happening to the Celtic Aberdeen game that was "postponed"?

The only team wronged by the awarding if the points seems to have been County? Isolated at the bottom of the table as a result of Accies and Motherwell being awarded points they hadn’t earned.

Motherwell and Accies have nothing to complain about.

FWIW I think the points will almost certainly be reawarded following the appeals process.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

🤣

I love this. ‘ We were given two three nil wins for games we never played, now they’ve been suspended we have been treated unfairly ‘

Nope, nope you haven’t.

Not unfairly, we are now where we should always have been, but we have been messed around along the way. We have been given something we didn’t ask for then some weeks later it has been taken away, and we are unclear on what will happen next.  We have been dragged into an issue between other clubs and the SPFL.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

The Scottish government postponed that game nothing to do with the SPFL.

You mean covid related, as opposed to the Killie/St Mirren situation which is covid related. Yeah, I see your point there.

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The only team wronged by the awarding if the points seems to have been County? Isolated at the bottom of the table as a result of Accies and Motherwell being awarded points they hadn’t earned.

FWIW I think the points will almost certainly be reawarded following the appeals process.

Punishments doubled I think, 6-0. Victories across the board.

6 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

So what punishment do St Mirren and Killie get for not following the rules Which by the way both have admitted too.

Dundee Utd played a game that they would almost certainly have tried to get postponed due to the action that the SPFL dished out. 

Edited by Lobby Dossar