The Big Relegation Thread

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think I'm still traumatised by 2014/15 when County looked dead and buried then became probably the best team in the country for 3 months.

Yeah, their ability to spend two seasons worth of money in January is always a wildcard.

Hopefully Yogi being given the wallet negates this.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Something had to be done re all these Covid breaches, and I suppose deducting points gets the message across, but it all seems a bit ham fisted.

If points deduction is the way to enforce this why not do it from the very start of the season?

If only we had recent memories to suggest not having established rules before a season gets underway is a dangerous thing. 

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

They should change the split to 4/8 this year. Despite Hibs’ bottle job today there really is a huge gap to the bottom 8. If I was allowed into the bookies now I would have a betting slip with St Johnstone 11th and Motherwell 12th written down.

what about your Hamilton relegation thread though? 🤔

Fantastic day for Killie and County. Maybe Yogi’s gid honest laddies are going to get themselves involved after all.
The draw between St Johnstone and Accies doesn’t really help either and expected losses from Saints and United to the two cheeks.
The eye catching team is Motherwell. After a couple of credible draws they must have thought that a hopeless Killie team coming to Fir Park was the perfect chance to end the winless run that goes back to October. 0-2, my my.

The outcome of our and Killies appeal going is certainly going to have a big impact, either way.

On paper and also having seen a lot of games, possibly the placings of the teams are about right - but County and Accies have both done very well to not be cut adrift.

No one in the bottom 8 is safe. Based on form, you'd think United, Livi and St Mirren should be ok, but as St Johnstone can testify to, form can be fragile. Theres a real tendency in this league for teams to go on either really good or bad runs.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Despite no games being played on the date, January 14th may very well be key on who ends up getting relegated.

After all the English top flight call offs there is next to no chance they will award the points. They have made an utter c*nt of this as per usual. The result will be to see Neil Doncaster salary increased to nearly £400k 

We will be the victims because the thought  of playing Shotts Bon Accord and the Fort Williams under 12 girls team fills me with dread right now. 

December had notoriously been shite for us under Robinson and is good to see he is keeping up with tradition. Problem is I don’t see January being any better.

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

After all the English top flight call offs there is next to no chance they will award the points. They have made an utter c*nt of this as per usual. The result will be to see Neil Doncaster salary increased to nearly £400k 

We will be the victims because the thought  of playing Shotts Bon Accord and the Fort Williams under 12 girls team fills me with dread right now. 

December had notoriously been shite for us under Robinson and is good to see he is keeping up with tradition. Problem is I don’t see January being any better.

They have made an utter c**t of things, that is in no doubt. They shouldn't have awarded the points until the appeals process was concluded.

However, you are maybe underestimating the arrogance of the SPFL. If the SFA deem the games being forfeited was too severe a punishment then I can see the SPFL definitely trying to punish both St Mirren and Killie as much as they possibly can without over stepping the line the SFA set. That could mean points deductions, along with extended or unsuspended fines.

So even without the games being forfeit, the 14th will still have a (large?) baring on the final league positions.