The Big Relegation Thread

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Nah, we'll make the decision, in the same way the sides in a school yard football game is decided, just in reverse (as in choosing who's not in the side, not who is).

btw, could someone do me a favour and remind me of the name for the way to choose who gets first pick. It involved the two team "captains" standing apart and walking, one foot directly in front of the other and the person who ends up 'overlapping' the opponents shoe got first pick. It's been so long since I've even thought about that (and I honestly don't know if it's still "a thing") but I'm sure it was called something like ticktock, but then any google searches automatically thinks I'm looking for TikTok.

Tick tack up here 

9 hours ago, Lex said:

There’s surely no way Motherwell and Accies are getting those points back.

You’d think the best outcome for them is a points deduction for us and Killie and the games are rescheduled. The worst outcome is we both just get a fine and.. the games are rescheduled.

Then again it is the SFA/SPFL and anything is possible but surely some kind of logic will prevail.

I'm curious as to how many points should be deducted though? Why should it be related to the number of games postponed? - that's just chance. Maybe 2 points each team? Or 1 point for each major "rule" breach. If so, you''d expect retrospective point deductions for Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen.......... They really ought to have decided all this at the outset. 

By allowing Celtic to go to Dubai the "games missed in the middle of a pandemic" argument is out the window and if they are going to focus on anything it has to be rule breaches and associated points deductions. So we and Killie might lose points, but Motherwell and Hamilton shouldn't gain any.

However, I'd be surprised if the SFA can rule on any of this. They can only say whether our appeals are upheld or not. 

2 minutes ago, AllyM said:

Or 1 point for each major "rule" breach. If so, you''d expect retrospective point deductions for Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen..........

I'm pretty sure Jason Leach said on OtB that the team photos released by Celtic and Dundee Utd were breaches of the Covid rules.  Points off everyone...!  

Except the Buddies, obv. 

3 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Tick tack up here 

You see I think it might be tick tack, I originally though tick tack toe (because the toe of the shoe hitting is the winner) but then realised that's too close to the American noughts and crosses. Then tick tock, but maybe that's me just being influenced by tiktok. Yeah, the more I think of it, tick tack sounds about right, even though @ropy suggested nick nack. It's certainly something along those lines.

5 minutes ago, AllyM said:

I'm curious as to how many points should be deducted though? Why should it be related to the number of games postponed? - that's just chance. Maybe 2 points each team? Or 1 point for each major "rule" breach. If so, you''d expect retrospective point deductions for Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen.......... They really ought to have decided all this at the outset. 

By allowing Celtic to go to Dubai the "games missed in the middle of a pandemic" argument is out the window and if they are going to focus on anything it has to be rule breaches and associated points deductions. So we and Killie might lose points, but Motherwell and Hamilton shouldn't gain any.

However, I'd be surprised if the SFA can rule on any of this. They can only say whether our appeals are upheld or not.

I think the "problem" is that the SPFL have treated it as one issue, when really they should have done it as two; one being the covid breaches and the other being the forced postponement of the games.

I think, and I'll happily be corrected here, that the SFA can't rule in regard to points of forfeiture as that would surely be under the remit of the SPFL. They can, as we've seen, deal with the appeal in regard to the punishment given.

5 hours ago, AllyM said:

Why are Celtic being allowed to go to Dubai? Also what happens if they get COVID during the trip, since they will be voluntarily sharing an aircraft, bus, resort etc with other people?

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

Why are Celtic being allowed to go to Dubai? Also what happens if they get COVID during the trip, since they will be voluntarily sharing an aircraft, bus, resort etc with other people?

Indeed.

SPFL wet their pampers over players in a "protective team bubble" car sharing for a couple of days, before being told to stop.

However, they deem it acceptable for a group of players to be cooped up in an plane for 15 hours (there and back),whilst  mixing with Joe Public. this is in the midst of a huge increase in viral transmission, with a variant ,which may be 70% more contagious, rampaging through the population.

Fucking lunacy.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

wv5NxYi.gif

It is stunning that a completely non-essential trip for many people who already have many privileges under current covid restrictions are seemingly given the advantage of a nice holiday.

Dubai is not on the do not travel list, but it's a shocking example for the club to set.

9 hours ago, Torfason said:

It'll be a chartered flight but still mad they're away there. 

My personal opinion is no one should be off on trips like that without enforced testing, isolation etc on return so without doubt footballers should absolutely not be mid season. 

If they do return positive tests what do you think the Gov have to say? They'll at very least without doubt be strongly questioning SPFL management once again and rightfully so. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

SPFL wet their pampers over players in a "protective team bubble" car sharing for a couple of days, before being told to stop.

However, they deem it acceptable for a group of players to be cooped up in an plane for 15 hours (there and back),whilst  mixing with Joe Public. this is in the midst of a huge increase in viral transmission, with a variant ,which may be 70% more contagious, rampaging through the population.

Fucking lunacy.

Agreed. This is a dumb decision by the league to allow them to do this.

It's fundamentally not really any different to them flying to various countries around Europe to play matches, which they've been permitted to do this season. If anything it's probably safer since there's no mixing with another team. However, it is much less essential than those things.

8 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

It'll be a chartered flight but still mad they're away there. 

My personal opinion is no one should be off on trips like that without enforced testing, isolation etc on return so without doubt footballers should absolutely not be mid season. 

If they do return positive tests what do you think the Gov have to say? They'll at very least without doubt be strongly questioning SPFL management once again and rightfully so. 

There will be no positive tests on return. Celtic have their own testing machine which has yet to return positive results.

Its only when their players go on international duty and are subject to testing by others that positive tests occur.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

There will be no positive tests on return. Celtic have their own testing machine which has yet to return positive results.

Its only when their players go on international duty and are subject to testing by others that positive tests occur.

Did they pay extra for that setting?  Or do they just not switch it on?

22 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's fundamentally not really any different to them flying to various countries around Europe to play matches, which they've been permitted to do this season. If anything it's probably safer since there's no mixing with another team. However, it is much less essential than those things.

Surely not being essential is what makes it fundamentally different?

Flying to other countries to play in European competitions is naturally covered by the exemptions for elite sport because movement between countries is necessary for those competitions to take place. It is not necessary to fly to another country for a training camp.

2021-01-09_16-56-37.jpg.a7b733bc7408c0d2f65cc9b32085843d.jpg

Kilmarnock the big winners, Hamilton the big losers. Doubt either St Mirren or Motherwell will be happy, or disappointed, with a point...

NEW.jpg.c514ea89e4cd00270388b44243f3f0de.jpg

Big win for Kilmarnock. 2 groups of four now formed a bit.

Think 36 points is usually around the figure to aim above to avoid 11th?