Clyde vs QOS

27 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

This is one of the worst Queens teams in a long time, albeit with one of the best players I have seen .

0-2  . 

I’d rest him for this. Appreciate he is only just back from injury, but playing in every game is probably what caused the problem in the first place. Would rather keep him for the league games to at least give us the possibility of staying up.

48 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

Is that big generic boozer still next to Broadwood?

More than welcome to the arria lounge for a pre match drink (costs £10 but includes entry into the match) or head to the smiddy 

https://shop.clydefc.co.uk/matchday-events/163-50-clyde-v-queen-of-south-7th-sep-arria-premium.html?&mobile=no

3 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

We have a great home record but if Dobbie plays then that’s a -3 handicap before a ball is kicked.

Brilliant home record; 15 wins and 4 draws since our last Broadwood defeat in October, albeit one of those wins is in the record books as a 3-0 defeat! Even the draws have been impressive with one last minute equaliser, and comebacks from 3-0 down, and 3-1 down.

That said, we've not played many (any) Championship teams in that time. Going to be a tough game, and I hope we play our strongest team to try and keep up our improved performances in the last two games.

6 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

AJ will still want to win this one. Dobbie to play and score 

Need to try and get Dobbie up to speed looks off the pace.

Leighfield will have to play as McCorie is away with Scotland.

Semple and McCarthy to start as well as 2 boys from the Res just hope Kidd and Paton don't play .

Very poor Queens team no hope this season .

After beating Falkirk and should have beat Forfar away from home there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be going into this game thinkin we can get a win, still. Step up again but this team are full of surprises and especially being at home.

Reading comments above making me a bit more confident

It would be nice if Queen of the South rested some players but, not having won a league game yet, I’d expect a fairly strong side hoping to gain some confidence.

Whatever happens it’s nice to actually have a Clyde game this weekend, rather than our normal blank Saturday afternoon at this time of the year.

On 04/09/2019 at 08:50, 19QOS19 said:

Play the reserves please AJ. Can't afford any more injuries and I couldn't give a shit about this farcical competition

The only chance we have of winning any kind of trophy, and you want the reserves playing? Yeah, let's save ourselves for winning the league and the Scottish cup. Sod the glory in winning this diddy effort. Let some other team get themselves written into the history books. 'Mon the South! 

"History Books" ffs [emoji38] It's an absolute diddy cup. I'd rather we stayed in the division than win this trophy. The longer we stay in it the more chance of injuries and therefore risks our league survival. Give the young lads a run and hopefully this pish is in the sea next season.

It's a piss poor tournament and seems to get worse by the season but is there not some money ( maybe not a fortune I grant you)  to be made by progressing through each round. We're not in the position to throw away any potential  income however meagre it may be.  We had just as threadbare a squad at this stage last season and we always fielded as strong a squad as possible. 

It's a piss poor tournament and seems to get worse by the season but is there not some money ( maybe not a fortune I grant you)  to be made by progressing through each round. We're not in the position to throw away any potential  income however meagre it may be.  We had just as threadbare a squad at this stage last season and we always fielded as strong a squad as possible. 
I expect it to be our strongest squad unfortunately but I wouldn't hold it against AJ if he played fringe/young players.

To put it another way. If another important player gets injured in this shite I'll be fizzing.