Scotland squad next month

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Where do you draw the line? Nathan Austin has 17 goals in the Lowland League this year, worth a call up?

Is the gap between the Premiership and Championship bigger than the gap between the Championship and the Lowland league ?

Our options are thin up front. It's not as if there's 5 or 6 top quality strikers banging them in at a high level missing out because he's getting a call up. If Shankland turns up, doesn't look out of place in training and gets a goal or two against San Marino, then brilliant, lets see what he can do against Kazakhstan and Cyprus. If not he goes back to United and we look elsewhere.

Hold on, are there people seriously upset that a guy who has scored 49 goals in 53 games is in the squad because he happens to play in the Championship?

Ross County and Livi (and sadly Thistle) have proven over the past couple of seasons that the difference between the bottom end of the Premiership and the Championship is minimal.

Shankland has been phenomenal for two and a half years and would walk into any team in the top league barring two or three sides.

As for as the hopefully tongue in cheek suggestions of Nathan Austin because "where do you draw the line?". Preferably at the point you are deemed that shite you have to drop out of professional football and work as a labourer.

Edited by Jacky1990

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

Hold on, are there people seriously upset that a guy who has scored 49 goals in 53 games is in the squad because he happens to play in the Championship?

Ross County and Livi (and sadly Thistle) have proven over the past couple of seasons that the difference between the bottom end of the Premiership and the Championship is minimal.

Shankland has been phenomenal for two and a half years and would walk into any team in the top league barring two or three sides.

As for as the hopefully tongue in cheek suggestions of Nathan Austin because "where do you draw the line?". Preferably at the point you are deemed that shite you have to drop out of professional footballer and work as a labourer.

My reading of this is that your cutoff for Scotland squad consideration is any full time footballer, is that correct?

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

My reading of this is that your cutoff for Scotland squad consideration is any full time footballer, is that correct?

My cut off for Scotland squad consideration is anyone who is, or potentially is, in the top 2 or 3 players in each position eligible for Scotland that are fit to play.

Shankland absolutely falls in to this category, at least the potentially part, at this time. Especially since we are playing at home to San fucking Marino.

I have no idea what Snodgrass has done to deserve a call up. His only recent start for West Ham was in a 4-0 defeat against Oxford. He was woeful in the 4-0 defeat against Belgium. 

He's leaving Armstrong out because he's not starting, but calling up Snodgrass? I don't get it. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

How can Phillips go from starting XI to not being the squad at all? While I don’t think there are too many players who have been overlooked, I do think that Clarke’s getting a relatively easy ride for some of his idiosyncratic picks.

I'm not a fan of Phillips, but I'm even less a fan of that level of chopping and changing. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

The worst part of the announcement is hiding Shankland in the corner of the graphic. It's like Where's Wally.

Which graphic? I have a comedy image of it in my head now. Mind you, it'd be a rather easy game of Where's Wally, given the magnitude of his spam.

17 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

McGinn, Morgan & McKay.

McKay?