Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Why? Ex player and manager and granted I don't know where he stays now but his family are all local in cumnock

In a 41 page thread, his name only starts getting mentioned over the weekend when shortlists are being decided.

I used the word p!sstake because of this not because I don't think he'd be a reasonable appointment.

Countering that for me would be the fact he's 7 years out of a job, according to Wikipedia, and I also wouldn't be a huge fan of re-appointing an ex manager.

But on balance I'd give him the job over say Yogi or McIntyre.

Edited by BukyOHare

If Burley’s hat is in the ring then surely worth a go ( but only if SS stays). He has managed and played at the highest level. He is (was) a local boy but...not sure we could afford him even though he has not had a job for 7 years. For me we do need some continuity which is why SS MUST stay.

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Wonder if the interviews will be an San Sumerset tomorrow or elsewhere so the names don't get leaked

I've got the big chair and popcorn ready in my wee sis' lounge.

Edited by ayrmad

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Wonder if the interviews will be an San Sumerset tomorrow or elsewhere so the names don't get leaked

Don’t think the interviews will be anywhere tomorrow given the fact they don’t start till Tuesday. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

It certainly would, Cameron generally comes across well when being interviewed etc but follow him on Twitter and he clearly has some pretty horrific views.

First time I came across the account I thought it was a parody. Mainly because it says Killie hater in the bio.

Really like what Cameron has done for Ayr and followed him since he seemed to be a bit of the Darragh MacAnthony (Sp?) on Twitter since the job came up, but he's an utter c**t on twitter.

Really like what Cameron has done for Ayr and followed him since he seemed to be a bit of the Darragh MacAnthony (Sp?) on Twitter since the job came up, but he's an utter c**t on twitter.

I remember he had the Rangers support after him when he said he was off to a “*** bar” to watch our SC tie against them.

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

nintchdbpict000281116548-e1480454401828.jpg

For all Cathro is supposed to have an excellent football brain he has all the charisma of a dead fish. Watching his awkward pre or post-match interviews while he was at Hearts was painful viewing. Imagine him trying to motivate you at half-time?

I appreciate that wasn't a serious suggestion from Itzdrk btw. 

Stewart & Kerr  in charge till the end of the season is the only appointment that doesn't fill me with dread.  Gives a chance to see how they handle a transfer window and the winter schedule, and is the only appointment that would have a minimal disruption to the team. Then at the end of the season, if it hasn't been successful, you can do a reboot.