Falkirk v Methil

Whilst I largely agree the thread has degenerated into a bit of a car crash, I feel the turning point was trying to justify over-inflated admission prices.

Can we all agree that £15 for a bucket seat in a stand is the maximum acceptable price to charge for an SPFL1 game of fitba? 

It goes beyond what we talked about pre season. You know, that we would have to make allowances for how excited some would get at the prospect of their first "Cup Final" of the season. I think we all agreed to cut SOME slack but these guys are simply refusing to show due respect to a massive club. Its out of order.
Typical Bairn with his massive club
cartoon-caveman-knuckle-dragging-cartoon-caveman-is-carrying-a-huge-club-eps-vector_csp53214546.jpeg

Looking forward to the match! I am sure it’s going to be tough but hopefully we can sneak a win. Ray must maintain the positive play, and formation from the last two games!

I’ve always been impressed with the three league cup wins by East fife. Must have been some team in the 50s.

17 hours ago, Yermawsacow said:

Those were the days. Unfortunately the Falkirk stadium is nothing like Brockville. It’s a modern piece of wasteground with no atmosphere or any character. Its a place where football goes to die 

A few years ago when several teams started getting purpose-built all-seater stadia, I thought teams like ourselves were ahead of the game and others would need to sacrifice their playing budget to bring their's up to date. Then folk like Gretna appeared and stuck two fingers up to the rules. Now I'm older I miss the character most of the older grounds had, they're all a bit similar now. At our level teams like Stenny, Montrose & Brechin, who combined new with old seem to have the best of both worlds. Still could be worse, could be Cliftonhill, or Central park!

10 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Whilst I largely agree the thread has degenerated into a bit of a car crash, I feel the turning point was trying to justify over-inflated admission prices.

Can we all agree that £15 for a bucket seat in a stand is the maximum acceptable price to charge for an SPFL1 game of fitba? 

Why charge less than what we do when we get 3500 to 4000 people willing to pay that every week.  Wouldnt be great business sense at all. At the end of the day your getting charged 20 quid because unfortunately you cant bring enough fans to justify us opening the north stand for you or you would then have been charged 18 quid. 

We're in the North stand ya tit

Why charge less than what we do when we get 3500 to 4000 people willing to pay that every week.  Wouldnt be great business sense at all. At the end of the day your getting charged 20 quid because unfortunately you cant bring enough fans to justify us opening the north stand for you or you would then have been charged 18 quid. 

I thought you were getting charged 20 quid each?
Some of them are factoring in the parking that you dont actually have to pay in order to make sure they get a right good whine pre match, or in same cases spit the dummy out and not go at all.

Imagine having a once in a lifetime team of Galacticos and whining about 2 quid ectra to see them at an actual football stadium [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Some of them are factoring in the parking that you dont actually have to pay in order to make sure they get a right good whine pre match, or in same cases spit the dummy out and not go at all.

Imagine having a once in a lifetime team of Galacticos and whining about 2 quid ectra to see them at an actual football stadium emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I thought it was 4 quid to park. Certainly was the last time i parked in the away car park.

Imagine having a once in a lifetime team of Galacticos and whining about 2 quid ectra to see them at an actual football stadium [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
An actual stadium with three stands. It sure is a once in a lifetime thing for that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]