St Johnstone v Motherwell Sat 28th Sept 3pm

I don't really know what to expect from Motherwell as there have been games we've played really well and others it's just not quite happened/ we've just not turned up.

I was going to say fairly typical Motherwell then but it's better than the seasons when we didn't have the games when we played really well.

Only games that have any relevance with regards today are the home matches against Livingston and Kilmarnock. We didn't produce a performance that deserved anything better than was yielded in either game and if we can't rise above that level today, we'll again fail to win. 

The hope that still exists is we have more available today but trying to select a side from 19 or 20 outfield options presents its own problems and overthinking can be dangerous: see some of the teams being suggested. 

Our home form is a big problem. The win over Motherwell in May was a rare victory over decent opposition at McDiarmid. 

This makes grim reading and for all people can point to price, atmosphere or whatever, our failure to record notable wins is a big reason for fans staying away. 

816972015_Screenshot_20190928-1124452.thumb.jpg.49c603775cc6b4d9c8ed1e501a7a0fa6.jpg

That's the last 3 years. 20 wins but 15 of them against sides that finished the season with less than 40 points or in the bottom four spots. 

Of the rest, a win against a Motherwell side with 8 men, 2 wins over Cathro's Hearts, a win against a Thistle side that reached the top six but lost all their games, conceding 16 goals, and the win over Motherwell in May. 

As I say, the hope is at least still there that the new signings can improve things. For now... 

And to further enthuse everyone, our record if we concede a goal at home since start of 2016/17:

Played 37, Won 3, Drawn, 11, Lost 23, For 36, Against 80.

It's over 2 years since we won a home match in which the opposition scored. 

At least we look capable of keeping a clean sheet... 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

NEGATIVE TOMMY! TOMMY OUT!

:lol: I know you're joking

9 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Kennedy the latest one he has fallen out with then?

While he has not been great we need to play him in the middle of the three to link with may 

No one in that midfield three is getting beyond the strikers 

^ he's no.

24 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Kennedy the latest one he has fallen out with then?

While he has not been great we need to play him in the middle of the three to link with may 

No one in that midfield three is getting beyond the strikers 

Leaving out Kennedy is brave and more than a bit worrying. 

Holt seems to like to burst through the middle but that's not based on seeing him much and that was with 4 in the middle. 

Not sure if I'm looking forward to this now. Ah well, time to get my arse moving ...

Kennedy has been poor and Tommy did the exact same thing last season which resulted in Matty coming back with renewed vigour, scoring goals and playing better. It’s good management for me.