Aberdeen vs Hibs

6 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

How many of those goals have been penalties? How many goals has he created in that time? He doesn’t contribute near enough. That’s a simple fact. I’d argue that his hold up play has gotten worse since he’s started scoring. I remember the game at Celtic Park (1-0 win in which Considine scored) and Cosgrove was pretty excellent with his back to goal. He’s no where near that level now and is pretty lazy. He would be a dream to play against.  

If you’re looking for simple facts, 14 goals in 15 games. Who cares how many are penalties, I think that St Johnstone might like someone that can score penalties.

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Okay that makes Tavernier one of the best strikers in the league then as he’s scored a lot of penalties.

Has he got anything close to 14 goals, that’s 14, in 15 games, that’s 15? Just give up on this vandetta Muzza.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If you’re looking for simple facts, 14 goals in 15 games. Who cares how many are penalties, I think that St Johnstone might like someone that can score penalties.

Absolutely. And that ‘someone’ who can score penalties doesn’t make them a competent striker. There’s a well written article in the Herald that looks at Cosgrove and Aberdeen’s abysmal style of football. Worth a read.

If you’re happy with the way the team plays and Cosgrove’s contribution then fair play. I’d be expecting much more as an Aberdeen fan but continually putting your fingers in your ears and going “14 goals lalala” without looking at it in a bit more detail than that is mental.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Hibs fan in whataboutery shocker.

Aw come on KJ, even your own fans are calling you out for being a fanny on this thread, at least give me something to work with - spoonburner, junkie or some such?

10 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Aw come on KJ, even your own fans are calling you out for being a fanny on this thread, at least give me something to work with - spoonburner, junkie or some such?

I can take it, and I try not to resort to stupid name calling.

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Yeah that’s it mate. I’ve hated Cosgrove for as long as I can remember. Going right back to his Carlisle days! Busted.

You are too dim to work out what I meant? 

A lot of Aberdeen fans couldn't stand Cosgrove when he played for us for so long before scoring his first goal. Some of those same people cant stand to be proved wrong that he has turned out to be a very good goalscorer at this level whose all round game has improved.

I believe you are one of these people.  Also, tryng to suggest Cosgrove is a major reason for our current performances being poor shows a staggering lack of understanding about football.

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Absolutely. And that ‘someone’ who can score penalties doesn’t make them a competent striker. There’s a well written article in the Herald that looks at Cosgrove and Aberdeen’s abysmal style of football. Worth a read.

If you’re happy with the way the team plays and Cosgrove’s contribution then fair play. I’d be expecting much more as an Aberdeen fan but continually putting your fingers in your ears and going “14 goals lalala” without looking at it in a bit more detail than that is mental.

What "detail" ? 

Cosgrove getting shite service in the past few weeks yet still finding a way to score important goals makes him pish how? 

In terms of style of play he chooses our tactics and asks for long balls up to him does he? 

You are making a tit of yourself 🤣

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Ah so you support Cowdenbeath but have strong feelings about Aberdeens style ot play? Weirdo 🙄

Also it makes your thoughts pretty irrelevant. Jog on 😄

You’re right. You’re only allowed to comment on the team you support. Apologies for any offence caused!

Can't argue with both reds, really. If it was the other way around you'd be hoping for reds to be shown. Thought Mallan's tackle could have been a red, pretty ludicrous that a foul wasn't even given. 

Shout out to Brian Porteous for giving it the big'un and then not contesting the header for Cosgrove's goal. 

Don’t think the Main one was a red. Cosgrove should have been booked again for his one. Mallan could have easily gone for his challenge as well though. Probably why Ferguson clattered him at the end. Wish he hadn’t though, we’ll miss him a lot more against Motherwell than Main.

16 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Don’t think the Main one was a red. Cosgrove should have been booked again for his one. Mallan could have easily gone for his challenge as well though. Probably why Ferguson clattered him at the end. Wish he hadn’t though, we’ll miss him a lot more against Motherwell than Main.

How was Main before his red card? Or is there any point in asking?

On 06/10/2019 at 20:25, afc_blockhead said:

Ah so you support Cowdenbeath but have strong feelings about Aberdeens style ot play? Weirdo 🙄

Also it makes your thoughts pretty irrelevant. Jog on 😄

I am not an Aberdeen fan as such but they should be playing skilful football as a norm

Why are his thoughts irrelevant , he is a football fan