Worst places in UK (not in Scotland)

56 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Lots of terraced houses round there. The Mantis and me managed to lose the car there a few weeks ago :lol:

£1.80 a pint though. 

That was one good thing about Preston when I was down there. The pubs are pretty cheap. I found some Samuel Smith place that was £2 a pint. The numerous kebab shops were also of a decent standard and far cheaper than I'm used to up here.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Basically seaside towns and places that were formerly industrial hubs but lost the jobs in the 1970s-90s period are all shitholes.

Not always. Alnmouth and Tynemouth are lovely, while no one in their right mind would go to Blyth or Whitley Bay for anything other than football.

Lancashire has Lancaster, Yorkshire Harrogate etc.

Basically seaside towns and places that were formerly industrial hubs but lost the jobs in the 1970s-90s period are all shitholes.

I dont know why but seaside towns in Britain always seem that bit more downbeat.

If you don't know, you don't know.
Wisdom is a virtue that isn't innate, but can only be acquired through experience.

Utter shite. There are some religious nutters from the western isles and other remote parts of Scotland who may be homophobic but they are dying out in time. Places like that and rough parts of Glasgow are no more homophobic than other parts of the UK.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Utter shite. There are some religious nutters from the western isles and other remote parts of Scotland who may be homophobic but they are dying out in time. Places like that and rough parts of Glasgow are no more homophobic than other parts of the UK.

Utter shite. Do you have anything to back this claim up?

Homophobia 5% rise in Scotland which is terrible but it bares no comparison to a 42% rise in Kent, 35% in Essex and 25% rise in Merseyside. Hopefully this alarming trend is rapidly reversed