Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

40 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Fair comments. I quite enjoyed his dissection of the MSM but every so often he'd tweet something eyebrow-raisingly mental. I think the Dugdale court case was where for most folk he crossed, very publicly, into absolute zoomer territory.

That Oliver Mundell tweet that kicked off the whole affair was straight out a 1970s Thames Television sitcom. I'm no Labour supporter but I was glad when Kez won the case.

It was a total lack of awareness from Campbell, at best, for the thing to go so far. At worst he knew he was doubling down but f**k it- he wasn't paying the costs himself. His dancing on the head of a pin claiming he "won" when he lost in a manner of the Sevco fans he also hates, when they go on about the club/company was embarrassing. 

He's a sociopath.

2 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

That Oliver Mundell tweet that kicked off the whole affair was straight out a 1970s Thames Television sitcom. I'm no Labour supporter but I was glad when Kez won the case.

It was a total lack of awareness from Campbell, at best, for the thing to go so far. At worst he knew he was doubling down but f**k it- he wasn't paying the costs himself. His dancing on the head of a pin claiming he "won" when he lost in a manner of the Sevco fans he also hates, when they go on about the club/company was embarrassing. 

He's a sociopath.

The 1st I heard of him was on here on the Sevco thread. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Unsatisfied with taking a hilarious L from kezia dugdale in the courts, wings has decided that branding Patrick Harvie a racist is going to end very well for them

He does have wee Patrick pegged though. 

8 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Unsatisfied with taking a hilarious L from kezia dugdale in the courts, wings has decided that branding Patrick Harvie a racist is going to end very well for them

Yip, given the voracity of the accusation you'd imagine Patrick Havie ain't gonna be too happy.

Black women are no different to men dressed as women is a strange statement though! I'm sure he didn't say it to be racist, I'm not even sure if it is racist..... but it's a very strange way to frame the pro trans argument.

37 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Yip, given the voracity of the accusation you'd imagine Patrick Havie ain't gonna be too happy.

Black women are no different to men dressed as women is a strange statement though! I'm sure he didn't say it to be racist, I'm not even sure if it is racist..... but it's a very strange way to frame the pro trans argument.

I mean if you believe that Trans women are "men dressed as women" then yes, I suppose it is a bit of a gotcha? 

It's not the thickest move though I suppose. Harvie sues and he'd probably win, but Wings gets the big crowdfunder going and there's probably still enough very divorced men and true believers to keep him out of having to get a normal job for a couple more years. Harvie ignores it and, while anyone with a brain who reads it can see it's ridiculous, he's letting an accusation like that stand 10 days before the election. 

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I mean if you believe that Trans women are "men dressed as women" then yes, I suppose it is a bit of a gotcha? 

It's not the thickest move though I suppose. Harvie sues and he'd probably win, but Wings gets the big crowdfunder going and there's probably still enough very divorced men and true believers to keep him out of having to get a normal job for a couple more years. Harvie ignores it and, while anyone with a brain who reads it can see it's ridiculous, he's letting an accusation like that stand 10 days before the election. 

I think women are Wings' current bedfellows rather than very divorced men, Campbell has just shone a big light on how all the Indy parties are rammed with unsavoury politicians and members. 

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The idea that it's women who oppose trans rights rather than men is such manifest bullshit. As with all forms of bigotry, men are always worse than women. 

Eq4-O4hXEAEmv_X.jpeg

Eq4-O4YXIAEo-Is.jpeg

Who said women oppose them more than men. 

The women he has attracted are quite rightly fighting for the rights of themselves and other women. 

Edited by ayrmad

The hook to Harvie being racist is the juggling of logic which is way beyond rational. This character should have a house full of mirrors so he can give himself plenty of attention. 

14 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I think women are Wings' current bedfellows rather than very divorced men, Campbell has just shone a big light on how all the Indy parties are rammed with unsavoury politicians and members. 

Yuh huh. How's your research into trans issues going btw?

28 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Quite the journey your on. At the "they're all as bad as each other" stage, I see.

13 minutes ago, renton said:

Quite the journey your on. At the "they're all as bad as each other" stage, I see.

Definitely,don't see me deviating too much from that position IIBH. 

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Was reminded yesterday of the time he complained about getting incredibly horny ads and it turned out they were the "tailored by your browsing history" ones.

1 hour ago, Pato said:

Asian brides if I remember correctly

Aye he got incredibly wound up by A Thousand Flowers and thought he had secured a gotcha rather than providing an unsavoury glimpse into his personal life.

Typical of the pro-Wings crowd I suppose though. A bunch of morons shoving their heads into microwaves every evening in lieu of doing anything productive.

I had a look today (I really shouldn't). What did Patrick Harvie say that led to the "Patrick Harvie Is A Racist" headline?

A transwoman, like a black woman or a disabled woman or a Jewish woman, should not be discriminated against.

How many turns of logic are needed to turn that into a racist statement?

3 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Genuine question, at what point does someone born male legally become female in the transition process and vice versa?

Reading back, my "man dressed as women" comment is quite crass, I genuinely didn't mean it to come across that way and would readily admit to not being very well briefed on the subject of gender identity and transition. I just thought it was a difficult comparison for Harvie to make so readily and why he couldn't have just said transwomen are no different to any other women.  

Agree totally that this is a win win accusation for Campbell, be interesting to see what Harvie does next..... he surely cant ignore it, can he?

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A transwoman, like a black woman or a disabled woman or a Jewish woman, should not be discriminated against.

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

I just thought it was a difficult comparison for Harvie to make so readily and why he couldn't have just said transwomen are no different to any other women.  

Suppose he's tying it in to other historical examples where specific minority groups have been Othered in some way. Jewish, black and disabled women have also been historically treated like shite by white women (and men!).