Falkirk vs Clyde

9 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I am not sure this is the best example of a tautology. Not all babies are 'wee'. e.g. I doubt that a 12lb baby girl would ever be described as a 'wee' baby.

I always thought that 'PIN number' was a good example of a tautology in everyday speech.

In logic, your example definitely is not a tautology.

Context is everything. :)

The introduction of acronyms  into the tautology discussion is brilliant. Personally speaking myself, I nearly always guard against using ATM machines.

58 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

The introduction of acronyms  into the tautology discussion is brilliant. Personally speaking myself, I nearly always guard against using ATM machines.

Unfortunately, the internet has ruined me.

9 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

So many little things annoy me when they really shouldn't. Like people who use the word 'literally' in a figurative sense, or say 'they could care less' when they really couldn't.

The poor quality of writing that passes for 'journalism' in many of today's media, people who randomly use throw in an apostrophe and they have no idea why, or those who don't know when to use their, there or they're, the your/you're brigade and the random comma guy, all drive me up the wall.

I dare say it is an age thing.

So I’m with you on this.  Alot of things like this, annoy me everyday and have done for sometime.  Some people are so language-laxadaisical or just plane ignorrent it beggers belief.

Was really impressed with clyde the last time we met. We were slow, sluggish and lacking ideas, but clyde were well organised, countered well, knew their game plan and have a quality player in goodwille.

We're a different animal now with the change in formation, although still not quite firing on all cylinders. 

Hopefully we'll get a good game of football and I think we'll get the 3 points.

21 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Also meant to say I fancy a red card for Clyde and wouldn't be surprised if is Goodwillie.

I believe he’s been sent off once for Clyde (someone else told me it was the first of his career) so that’s interesting. What makes you think that? 

Falkirk fans will berate him tomorrow but it’ll make him play better, just ask the Raith fans. 

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

47 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I believe he’s been sent off once for Clyde (someone else told me it was the first of his career) so that’s interesting. What makes you think that? 

Falkirk fans will berate him tomorrow but it’ll make him play better, just ask the Raith fans. 

I am, indeed, hopeful that the Falkirk fans jeer him. He feeds off the abuse, and I feel sure a quiet stadium would unnerve him more than all that abuse.

He played better because of your tactical changes going into the second half. He had nothing first half and he was getting abuse then too.

23 minutes ago, Enigma said:

He played better because of your tactical changes going into the second half. He had nothing first half and he was getting abuse then too.

He was absolutely roasting "Sando" and "Davo" in the first half as well.

Do these same cretins show up in motherwell threads for Scotland International Declan Gallagher beating a guy almost to death, Alan Lithgow for being a flasher playing with Livingston Derek Lyle for growing weed playing at Peterhead etc 

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offences are considered especially heinous.