Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

9 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I seem to remember a poster bringing up a money making idea on some online bingo site. You put £10 deposit in and they upped it to 100 quid or something, then you just buy a shit tonne of bingo tickets. Some guys on here were cashing out over £200 if I remember right. 

Think it was a Falkirk fan who played for the P&B team that came out with his,,, Gaz I think. The same guy who discovered the 1p Ryanair flights. Had a few daytrips to London and Dublin with 4p coming out of my account! 

Aye, it was me. Good times. I ended up about £300 up.

My wife (well, she wasn't at the time) and I had a couple of 4p city breaks as well.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Where is the Northern Rock thread?

That was a great read.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/65352-panic-merchants/

Edit: From having a quick read through, it would appear that Granny Danger has been on a mini-dotting-spree of his own against VT. Not sure if that slipped under the radar or not. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

As the Northern Rock thread has been closed, it's worth noting that the final compensation for shareholders post-nationalisation was - 0p.  So unless he cut his losses at any point Fast Action blew £75,000 and got f**k all.

It's like The Big Short in reverse.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

As the Northern Rock thread has been closed, it's worth noting that the final compensation for shareholders post-nationalisation was - 0p.  So unless he cut his losses at any point Fast Action blew £75,000 and got f**k all.

It's like The Big Short in reverse.

Yeah, what say you to this sage advice you gave everyone on that thread, @Fast_Action

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Yeah, what say you to this sage advice you gave everyone on that thread, @Fast_Action

Surely that isn't the same guy.

I am sure I remember the NR thread as it happened. It seems to be before my joining date. Maybe I am just confused as I don't mind having any other username.

On 23/10/2019 at 21:31, buddie06smfc said:

mhak becoming StewartyMak was a favourite of mine.

I have a recollection of a thread in which everybody had him thinking that they couldn't write mhak because of a bug that changed it to mhak.

Eta: wait a f***ing minute here...

mhak

mhak

Return of the mhak

makmak

mak_mak

mhak mhak

m a k

mhak

Edited by Hedgecutter

32 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

It was after Jim Weir and Brechin City's parting of company...

Indeed.  Can't remember if it was through P&B or fought through Facebook (and reported on here) though.  My gut feeling is the latter.