Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

Another story I remember from years ago was a running argument between two posters because one of them claimed their friend had completed the West Highland Way in a wheelchair. 

This post from Swampy over 12 years ago still pops into my head from the ‘Holiday in Strathclyde’ thread in the gold forum. 

B9A88DCC-D0B5-455C-B9D2-6FA126DA08C6.jpeg

Edited by IrishBhoy

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I can't find a better resolution image unfortunately, I was hoping it was just showing small for me and would be okay when I posted it, but sadly not. 

Tinder thread for this

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Who was the poster that would ask a question then sign off with 'Do you understand'?

I think they were called Stuart.

Honourable mention for the patter of predicting a score with something like:

3-0 to the Binos. A double each for Duffy and Bikey.

Still gets bites all the time, can't think who started it. Maybe Neilly?

Also, having just read the peadophile hunters thread, the slipperyp post in there is a bizarre work of beauty. I was gone at it.

Edited by JMDP

7 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Who was the poster that would ask a question then sign off with 'Do you understand'?

7 hours ago, JMDP said:

I think they were called Stuart.

Honourable mention for the patter of predicting a score with something like:

3-0 to the Binos. A double each for Duffy and Bikey.

Still gets bites all the time, can't think who started it. Maybe Neilly?

Also, having just read the peadophile hunters thread, the slipperyp post in there is a bizarre work of beauty. I was gone at it.

18 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Stuart Dickson, I think.

I don't think it was Dickson. 

The guy was just Stuart. (think the full stop was actually in his username)

He wasn't around for long, asked a few weird questions then fucked off. 

Dickson appears to have returned as Malky3. 

23 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

There was a bit of an argument one time about Greenock not being on the west coast.

Just the one time?  In a nutshell:

Argument for (geographical fact) :  The water at Greenock is both salty and strongly tidal (today there will be a 1.8m range at Greenock, more than Aberdeen).  Therefore it is clearly a coastal section on the long coastline than runs up and down the numerous lochs and firths from the Mull of Galloway to Cape Wrath.  There is no gap and Greenock is no different to Oban on the Firth of Lorne that identifies itself as being a West Coast town.

Argument against - version #1 (subjective) : Greenock is not on any coast, hence cannot be on the West Coast.  It is located adjacent to the Tail o' the Bank that locals consider to be the mouth of the River Clyde.

Argument against – version #2 : It’s on the Clyde Riviera that's part of the Firth of Clyde, which is not the West Coast.  The West Coast breaks somewhere south of Ayr and starts again at the Mull of Kintyre.  Coastlines can have 30 mile long gaps in them.

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just the one time?  In a nutshell:

Argument for (geographical fact) :  The water at Greenock is both salty and strongly tidal (today there will be a 1.8m range at Greenock, more than Aberdeen).  Therefore it is clearly a coastal section on the long coastline than runs up and down the numerous lochs and firths from the Mull of Galloway to Cape Wrath.  There is no gap and Greenock is no different to Oban on the Firth of Lorne that identifies itself as being a West Coast town.

Argument against - version #1 (subjective) : Greenock is not on any coast, hence cannot be on the West Coast.  It is located adjacent to the Tail o' the Bank that locals consider to be the mouth of the River Clyde.

Argument against – version #2 : It’s on the Clyde Riviera that's part of the Firth of Clyde, which is not the West Coast.  The West Coast breaks somewhere south of Ayr and starts again at the Mull of Kintyre.  Coastlines can have 30 mile long gaps in them.

"Clyde Estuary"