Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

I thought it was just Swampy and VT. XBL made a huge deal about standing up for them, but didn't have the stones to challenge the mods any further and was roundly ridiculed for it. He was actually pretty nauseating on that thread. 

He regularly made an arse of himself on the big P&B Challenges as well, and frequently had tantrums when losing one of them. 

Shatted it. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

I've not been here long, but caught up with the P&B Gold stuff early doors, most of which has reduced me to tears of laughter in work at various times.

But the best I've seen is the reason I came here to begin with, the Leigh Griffiths blog.

"As far as motivational techniques go it’s highly unconventional, but firing a semi-naked, knife-wielding Eddie Malone from a cannon into the midst of United’s training session at Tannadice is one heck of a team building exercise." still has me in tears every time I read it!

It's a tragedy that the blog is no longer online, having to piece it together on the original thread just isn't as good.... Any chance of a return of it somewhere [mention=13408]dundeebarry[/mention]

8 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

It's a tragedy that the blog is no longer online, having to piece it together on the original thread just isn't as good.... Any chance of a return of it somewhere [mention=13408]dundeebarry[/mention]

You can get a copy of The Tartan Special One from Amazon. 

24 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Is the book as good? I assumed he'd have to have toned down quite a bit and changed the names.

He has had to change some names and its a bit less out there, but very worth reading. There's even a nice wee bit of a moral in the story, which maybe didn't come thru so much in the blog's sprawling mentalness. Think Relationship Of Command as compared to Deloused In The Comatorium. Or something. 

Edited by carpetmonster

For any new posters unaware of the Grim references:

A few years ago a fairly prominent Spartans fan, who posted on here as Grim O'Grady, had a house fire.

There was a subsequent appeal to raise funds for said poster, and to all intents and purposes people were led to believe that he'd lost everything in the fire (including pets, which makes me genuinely sad).

And so, funds were raised.

What then transpired was that Grim's insurance paid for the entire repairs, and he used the proceeds from the funds to do up another house that he owned and rented out, with the excess being used to pay for a holiday in Russia.

He also attempted to organise a Leith Walk pub crawl in which no-one turned up to apart from one of his mates and was maybe the most tragic thing I've ever read.

22 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Looking back at this properly. I hadn’t appreciated at the time just how utterly bewildered I looked at the suggestion he would stay on as Scottish Party Leader and that “Scotland needs a strong Labour Party”. It was full on Cheryl Cole.E0FFB0E7-2382-4971-B6E4-E2F0221FFCF0.gif.46528eb0cea914a7e9c9c65e0fb2228f.gif

Were you on Podlitical yesterday?

Can't be bothered checking if it's been mentioned by the young East Fife fans trying to recruit new members to their 'crew'.  The topic included pictures of a group of about 6 neds with bottles of cider if I remember right.

I don't think anybody from here joined.

42 minutes ago, Gaz said:

What then transpired was that Grim's insurance paid for the entire repairs, and he used the proceeds from the funds to do up another house that he owned and rented out, with the excess being used to pay for a holiday in Russia.

The extra house he rented out that he used the money to do up as he openly admitted that the wiring was a bit dodgy. 

41 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Can't be bothered checking if it's been mentioned by the young East Fife fans trying to recruit new members to their 'crew'.  The topic included pictures of a group of about 6 neds with bottles of cider if I remember right.

I don't think anybody from here joined.

something something methil (young team) no more

Having a pop at O'Grady for the pets dying is out of order.

Him spending money raised to re-wire his second property and to go on a cruise was absolutely wild. I'm almost impressed at the brass neck.

He was an absolutely horrific poster. Genuinely up there with the Nesbits of this world.

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

For any new posters unaware of the Grim references:

A few years ago a fairly prominent Spartans fan, who posted on here as Grim O'Grady, had a house fire.

There was a subsequent appeal to raise funds for said poster, and to all intents and purposes people were led to believe that he'd lost everything in the fire (including pets, which makes me genuinely sad).

And so, funds were raised.

He also attempted to organise a Leith Walk pub crawl in which no-one turned up to apart from one of his mates and was maybe the most tragic thing I've ever read.

There is one error there. It was never confirmed who started the fund, with the likelihood being that it was Grimbo himself.

In fairness to Grimbo he never started the just giving page (!) so if people were led to believe he had lost absolutely everything without insurance then it wasn’t his fault. I remember the page stating that him and his wife lost all their possessions including their pets which, insurance or not was still the case as they had burnt down in the fire. I can’t remember if it said they had to start everything from scratch or not though, maybe someone can confirm.

He was well and truly on his own when he decided to brag about what he spent his money on though, a monumental brain fart!

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

In fairness to Grimbo he never started the just giving page (!) so if people were led to believe he had lost absolutely everything without insurance then it wasn’t his fault. I remember the page stating that him and his wife lost all their possessions including their pets which, insurance or not was still the case as they had burnt down in the fire. I can’t remember if it said they had to start everything from scratch or not though, maybe someone can confirm.

He was well and truly on his own when he decided to brag about what he spent his money on though, a monumental brain fart!

Taking the cash is definitely a bit morally dodgy but it was more the utter denial of that fact that probably turned folk on him. If he'd come on and said "Aye, it's a bit cheeky but I've had a shit time so don't really care what you think", it would have gone a lot better for him.