Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

Funny though this is, his failure to get the case thrown out on technical grounds doesn't make him any more guilty (or innocent, don't sue me) than he was yesterday. So why was he allowed to keep them until now? 
Perhaps there is a realisation coming to the fore that he is fucked.

The most charitable interpretation is that with the case now going to court a lot of unsavoury, inappropriate, ungentlemanly though not necessarily actually illegal, conduct is going to be thrown into the public domain.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Gini not interested in an out of court settlement, no siree she wants her day in court. Would love to see it but I suspect once the $ are on the table her tone might shift.

Andrew's team will want any settlement to have some sort of statement attached that somehow exonerates him, or at least gives him some sort of way to save face.

I genuinely don't think Giuffre is going to be easily bought off here. From what I recall from the Epstein doc on Netflix, she's got a fairly comfortable life out in Australia. Ultimately she was trafficked as a young girl for sex with various rich creeps. It's totally plausible that she wants revenge. What better way than to take down the most high profile of the lot? 

Andrew's legal team must be shitting bricks at the prospect of him being cross-examined. 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Whenever I'm spending Drogna on the Planet Arg (while avoiding the Vortex) I always thank Richard of York

(Obscure tv reference for the 80s kids there)

The woman on that was a wid.

46 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Andrew's team will want any settlement to have some sort of statement attached that somehow exonerates him, or at least gives him some sort of way to save face.

I genuinely don't think Giuffre is going to be easily bought off here. From what I recall from the Epstein doc on Netflix, she's got a fairly comfortable life out in Australia. Ultimately she was trafficked as a young girl for sex with various rich creeps. It's totally plausible that she wants revenge. What better way than to take down the most high profile of the lot? 

Andrew's legal team must be shitting bricks at the prospect of him being cross-examined. 

It would also be quite telling if she was willing to lose whatever the settlement amount would be.  After all, why would somebody supposedly lying for money just turn it down and risk getting nothing.  This seems to be a proper no-win situation for randy Andy.

I would have thought his legal team are completely relaxed about this because, as he told the nation in the Maitlis chit-chat, Nonce Andy has absolutely no recollection whatsoever of meeting this woman, no siree, not ever at all..............
Just as an aside, if His Nonceness decides to go out for a bit of shooting whilst hiding at Balmoral, I hope he'll be very careful when handling those shotguns........

Is it even likely he would give evidence, this is a civil action not a criminal court. What are the chances he would be forced to appear. Fairly slim I would say.

2 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

I take it he has lost the title "Prince".  If so it will be interesting to see how the press refer to him - The Andrew formerly known as Prince, The Dupe of York, Andy Windsor?

Andy Mountbatten-Down-The-Hatches-Windsor.

Odds on Liz popping her clogs before the trial finishes and Andrew being blamed for ultimately killing the UK / England's longest reigning monarch through stress?  Pretty realistic imo.
Oh, the Paedo Duke of York,
Appeared in courts of law,
The stress and strain
Of this sad affair,
Killed off his dear auld maw......

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Richard III no longer worst Duke of York ever.

If they've taken away his HRH title does that mean instead of "Your Highness" us plebs can address him as "Oi, beast boy"?

If he remains a Duke then he's plain old "Your Grace". Which is also the correct form of Address for Irish Bishops 

and presumably Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter, Scott Brown and Michael Jackson

55 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Is it even likely he would give evidence, this is a civil action not a criminal court. What are the chances he would be forced to appear. Fairly slim I would say.

He can't be compelled to attend of course, however the alternative I imagine would be a written submission, which versus the testimony from Giuffre and any witnesses her team can produce is going to carry little weight and will likely result in a loss. 

His options are genuinely settle out of court or defend himself in court. 

He's fucked, imo 

16 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Indeed. I notice her lawyer was in the press saying that money alone wouldn't cut it...

I'm sure he says that.  Now. A simple tactic to keep the pressure on and the dollars mounting.  The moment they go to court the price drops as Andrew (feels great typing just Andrew) will have nothing to lose at that point.  

Then only question is how much and when they'll settle.  Most likely on the steps of the courtroom as they love it that way in the US - at least in all the movies I've seen.  

39 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Odds on Liz popping her clogs before the trial finishes and Andrew being blamed for ultimately killing the UK / England's longest reigning monarch through stress?  Pretty realistic imo.

As long as she lasts past June and I get my extra day off I couldn't  give a flying f**k tbh