Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

I watched the last derby on tv and thought Kerr largely had Appere in his pocket. Dundees best player on the night. Particularly first half. English lad watching it with me was getting exasperated with Utd continually trying to go down the left first half only for Kerr to get the better of it. 

2 minutes ago, coppola said:

I watched the last derby on tv and thought Kerr largely had Appere in his pocket. Dundees best player on the night. Particularly first half. English lad watching it with me was getting exasperated with Utd continually trying to go down the left first half only for Kerr to get the better of it. 

Not sure I'd agree with that. Certainly Kerr stood up well to Appere but I don't recall him gaining possession from it. Mostly he was putting the ball out for a United throw. I'd call that a draw.

26 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not sure I'd agree with that. Certainly Kerr stood up well to Appere but I don't recall him gaining possession from it. Mostly he was putting the ball out for a United throw. I'd call that a draw.

Fairly sure I can remember at least one occasion where Kerr took the ball from him and drove into our half with it (obv it didn't amount to anything cos Dundee are shite) but aye a lot of their contests ended in a Utd throw right enough. I give Louis credit that night for never shying away and always being willing to run at the defender but Kerr got the better of him imo.

Kerr had Appere in that first half - it was no wonder United switched down the right in the second - especially considering how shite Mackie has been in the first half. Both goals can down the right flank - the penalty from McDaid diving in and Mackie posted missing, the second by the ball being passed by us straight to Shankland.

16 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Abaolutely. I stopped going under Laszlo. 

I have a lot going on in life and probably place too much emphasis on football to the detriment of other things.

Going to football is great when it's enjoyable, i wont prioritise it when it's miserable.

But this is Scotland’s greatest game, the opening poster said so.

Surely you would want to attend Scotland’s greatest game - win, lose or draw?

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

But this is Scotland’s greatest game, the opening poster said so.

Surely you would want to attend Scotland’s greatest game - win, lose or draw?

Its easy to be bullish when your team are on top ie 90% of the time if you are a United fan

TBH i regret my rare outburst of magnanimity.

f**k Dundee. Absolute rubbish amd absolute shitebags

Edited by invergowrie arab

31 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Its easy to be bullish when your team are on top ie 90% of the time if you are a United fan

TBH i regret my rare outburst of magnanimity.

f**k Dundee. Absolute rubbish amd absolute shitebags

Oooooh, suits you sir, do you like United sir, do you, oooooh, suits you sir!!!

Festive regards       Paul-Whitehouse-and-Mark-Williams.thumb.jpg.e5aa6341d0e13032df2b107592004d2d.jpg 

I wonder what the Funsters would prefer, a rare derby win or a thumping defeat if it resulted in McPake getting his jotters.
Going by comments on here I suspect the latter.
Given Nelms previous, it's unlikely he'd do that - he usually let's the manager have about 6-7 defeats in a row before he does that.

Bomber Brown was the exception but he wasn't installed by Nelms.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wonder what the Funsters would prefer, a rare derby win or a thumping defeat if it resulted in McPake getting his jotters.

Anyone who doesn't want a derby win is an absolute belter and no true fan.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

McPake wouldn't get his jotters regardless.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake wouldn't get his jotters regardless.

Granny herself has written about McPake being sacked far more than any Dundee supporter. 

Too much Rioja bringing out the bitter, jealous underlying angst in her IMO.