Celtic 1 - 2 Rangers. Glasgow is Red, White and Blue

34 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The article by English is written to stir controversy, he wants the fans to react even though he knows he's muddying the waters

Celtic want consistency in terms of post match officiating, and they probably are correct given morelos did grab christie last december at ibrox and nothing happened, 

Rangers want consistency on the park and they are probably correct as well given katic was rightly penalised for pulling the shirt for the penalty, however twice in the match a rangers player had their shirt pulled in the box and it wasnt penalised

What English does is mixes the two of them together to cause controversy, and he has achieved it

The trouble is that nobody who calls for consistency is ever really in pursuit of consistency.

Rather, they feel aggrieved about something and mask that childish feeling in the guise of their concern actually being about some wider, greater good.

It's pathetically transparent.

47 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The trouble is that nobody who calls for consistency is ever really in pursuit of consistency.

Rather, they feel aggrieved about something and mask that childish feeling in the guise of their concern actually being about some wider, greater good.

It's pathetically transparent.

Does any team put the greater good above themselves? 

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It was a wonderful and accurate article which all fans of all clubs outwith Celtic and Rangers, apart from MJC, will heartily agree with. And of course, I didn’t expect any of the fans of the two clubs involved to do anything but come out with condemnation for it. The only problem these fans, Celtic and Rangers, now have, is to decide which of their clubs Tom English doesn’t like most.

Mostly agreeing with you twice in ten minutes has me reaching for the gin bottle.  My only minor quibble is that I see little wrong with English's article though a fair few Rangers fans would take issue with me.

While our stovies were cooking this evening I spent about an hour trawling through both FF and Kerrydale Street and there's remarkable commonality between both sets of fans:  The MSM, The Footballing Authorities and The Refs are conspiring together to throw everything and the kitchen sink to prevent One in a Row or Nine in a Row.  Delete as appropriate.

The only difference is that the green dummy has been spat a lot more than the blue one in the past 11 days but that doesn't change the narrative much.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, probably not.

I was simply making the point about the calls for "consistency".  

The consistency part is still right though, yeah they are looking out for themselves but at least its a valid point for once, both during and post match has been glaring inconsistencies 

12 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

The consistency part is still right though, yeah they are looking out for themselves but at least its a valid point for once, both during and post match has been glaring inconsistencies 

It's not valid in this instance at all, and that's because of its motives.

It's not a sincere request for consistency.  It's simply a request that they be favoured more than they currently think is the case.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Mostly agreeing with you twice in ten minutes has me reaching for the gin bottle.  My only minor quibble is that I see little wrong with English's article though a fair few Rangers fans would take issue with me.

While our stovies were cooking this evening I spent about an hour trawling through both FF and Kerrydale Street and there's remarkable commonality between both sets of fans:  The MSM, The Footballing Authorities and The Refs are conspiring together to throw everything and the kitchen sink to prevent One in a Row or Nine in a Row.  Delete as appropriate.

The only difference is that the green dummy has been spat a lot more than the blue one in the past 11 days but that doesn't change the narrative much.

Very decent of you to say that. It would certainly appear that Celtic supporters are taking this worse due to losing the last match. I’ve no doubt that the reaction would have been reversed had the result gone the other way. By the way, we had corned beef hash for tea.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wankerish to quote one's own posts but I forgot this difference:

Rangers' manager

gerrard.JPG.d2e5847a9e2c50a752a3d78f52659f22.JPG

Sellick's manager

lennon.JPG.19b87e4a2a5cf6e6ac899a7e5dd5539d.JPG

Edited by The_Kincardine

42 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Very decent of you to say that. It would certainly appear that Celtic supporters are taking this worse due to losing the last match. I’ve no doubt that the reaction would have been reversed had the result gone the other way. By the way, we had corned beef hash for tea.

I bet it was delicious.  Cannae beat Aberdeen when it comes to making a hash...

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's not valid in this instance at all, and that's because of its motives.

It's not a sincere request for consistency.  It's simply a request that they be favoured more that they currently think is the case.

Theres nothing sincere about it, but it is still a case for consistency, celtic never once denied what christie done, they just wanted him treated the same as morelos, thats not them wanting more favour, had morelos been banned last time for it we wouldnt be hearing a word about christies one

As for rangers, they argued for VAR, and rightly due to not only the offside cup final goal, but the handball goal as well, they havent asked for anything that favours them, just a system to spot errors

Every club, especially the OF look out for themselves, but in this case both the OF are correct in their calls, 

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Theres nothing sincere about it, but it is still a case for consistency, celtic never once denied what christie done, they just wanted him treated the same as morelos, thats not them wanting more favour, had morelos been banned last time for it we wouldnt be hearing a word about christies one

As for rangers, they argued for VAR, and rightly due to not only the offside cup final goal, but the handball goal as well, they havent asked for anything that favours them, just a system to spot errors

Every club, especially the OF look out for themselves, but in this case both the OF are correct in their calls, 

1662776863_images(14).jpeg.71cdbd0aefacf27da1e39bced8b7e4bf.jpeg

Mind that time Wanyama got away with this, while Wright got suspended for an apparent thrown elbow you couldnt even properly see, and Celtic didnt make a peep about consistency? 

It's this shite that annoys "diddy" fans when either OF, and the media, start a multi-week campaign for all our apparent benefits.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Celtic don't want consistency with the sanction given to the Hearts player earlier.

Rangers don't want VAR to make things fair.  They want instead to highlight isolated injustices that cost them. 

Neither have quite asked for anything that explicitly favours them, further than everything structural that already does.  Even they know they can't actually be seen to request different rules.  They are however raising the issue in pursuit of an agenda that provides further advantage.

By making lots of noise, they foster the paranoid crap that goes a long way to galvanising their gormless followers.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

The meltdown was hilarious though and certainly couldn't be described as a helpful contribution.

What was this "meltdown" though?

Are you really just referring to when I said there was a distasteful degree of Celtic love In evidence from diddy fans? 

How foolish, to describe a comment as a meltdown.  Use some phrases of your own, rather than just go for mindless P&B staples.  They point towards a want of wit.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

1662776863_images(14).jpeg.71cdbd0aefacf27da1e39bced8b7e4bf.jpeg

Mind that time Wanyama got away with this, while Wright got suspended for an apparent thrown elbow you couldnt even properly see, and Celtic didnt make a peep about consistency? 

It's this shite that annoys "diddy" fans when either OF, and the media, start a multi-week campaign for all our apparent benefits.

Did st johnstone complain at the time? 

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Did st johnstone complain at the time? 

It never made the papers for 3 weeks after the event if we did.

Edited by RandomGuy.