Celtic 1 - 2 Rangers. Glasgow is Red, White and Blue

27 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

It's goimg to be a long winter break isn't it?

This sort of wailing, victimhood pish will certainly shorten it

21 hours ago, bennett said:

My first thoughts when I read about the Ryan Christie decision was to write to SFA CEO Ian Maxwell, but then I thought again, I’ve written to Maxwell on numerous occasions and had one reply, so I won’t waste any more of my time writing to him direct, instead I’ll write this open letter to him.

Mr Maxwell,
In all walks of life there are Leaders, and there are followers, you basically tend to be one or the other. I thought when you were appointed to your present job that you would be a Leader, but it would appear that you are indeed a follower, just who you are following I’m not entirely sure, but I’m fairly sure they are not season ticket holders at Celtic park.
The latest episode from the SFA Compliance Officer Clare Whyte is quite baffling, if not disturbing, as is the continuing lack of transparency from within the SFA in general, and in particular within the disciplinary process, for instance it’s been 17 months since the beginning of the investigation into the issuing of a European Licence to Oldco Rangers, and still no decision.
The incident involving Ryan Christie and Alfredo Morelos at Celtic Park recently looked like an accidental collision between two players, something that happens regularly in all levels of football, and while Ryan is a competitive player, I don’t think he would be in any list compiled of dirty players in Scotland, I think there would more chance of Mr Morelos making that type of list

I accept that you don’t personally deal with individual disciplinary cases, but this is where the Leaders come into their own, when processes are failing, Leaders change the process, followers sit on their backside and do nothing, so what are you doing Mr Maxwell? I hope you have a comfy seat.
Last season one of the players involved, Morelos was involved in not one, but three separate incidents, involving three different Celtic Players, the match official John Beaton did nothing, and when Morelos was cited, Beaton claimed he saw all three incidents, and no action was required. If that action by Beaton was not Corrupt, then he is the most Incapable Official in Scottish Football, and believe me, you would need to be really bad to achieve that lowly position

Celtic Football Club have supplied the backbone for the Scottish National Team for many years, I don’t know what influence the club has with players taking part in International Football, but I would be talking to those players involved with Scotland, one of whom is Ryan Christie.
The Celtic Support are at breaking point with the SFA, we have been getting shafted by them almost since our inception, we are very close to getting a reaction. The Celtic Support contribute more into Scottish Football than any other set of supporters, we have single-handedly kept the lights on at Hampden for many years. You might find that will change in the not too distant future. That will only change if you change, will you? I very mugh doubt it

Joe O’Rourke,
General Secretary,
Celtic Supporters Association

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I can't find anything in his article to disagree with. What is it that you're disputing?

His article is very consistent with all the inconsistencies.
He agrees there is problems with the disciplinary system yet he has a pop at the statements saying so.
The fact we don't have VAR and stuck with the poor mans version is part of the problem.
The Glasgow derbies twitter feed was full of English fans enjoying the game without Var (glad to see them getting their poll tax moment).
Plus the patronising and small country small mentality bit, the thinking that Celtic and sevco are different from the rest is absolutely laughable. 
Celtic and sevco's next game in Europe will have VAR lets hope there is plenty to talk about.

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Tom English has the latest nonsense between idiotic clubs nailed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51022782

Don't usually expect the BBC's Scottish football output to be anything other than 30% accurate, but I can't see too much to disagree with there.

These statements, from Celtic Park and from Ibrox, are issued, in part, to appease the angry elements among their online support, the people who see no wrong in what their team does and every wrong in what the other lot does even if the offences committed are virtually the same.

Wonder what he's referring to there?

16 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

And here’s me thinking you, of all ppl were all for fairness and our game being more egalitarian.

14 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The egg chaser's baws burst from the bias BBC have a good look at who hes working for FFS.

Ah, right.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

His article is very consistent with all the inconsistencies.
He agrees there is problems with the disciplinary system yet he has a pop at the statements saying so.
The fact we don't have VAR and stuck with the poor mans version is part of the problem.
The Glasgow derbies twitter feed was full of English fans enjoying the game without Var (glad to see them getting their poll tax moment).
Plus the patronising and small country small mentality bit, the thinking that Celtic and sevco are different from the rest is absolutely laughable. 
Celtic and sevco's next game in Europe will have VAR lets hope there is plenty to talk about.

It was a wonderful and accurate article which all fans of all clubs outwith Celtic and Rangers, apart from MJC, will heartily agree with. And of course, I didn’t expect any of the fans of the two clubs involved to do anything but come out with condemnation for it. The only problem these fans, Celtic and Rangers, now have, is to decide which of their clubs Tom English doesn’t like most.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was a wonderful and accurate article which all fans of all clubs outwith Celtic and Rangers, apart from MJC, will heartily agree with. And of course, I didn’t expect any of the fans of the two clubs involved to do anything but come out with condemnation for it. The only problem these fans, Celtic and Rangers, now have, is to decide which of their clubs Tom English doesn’t like most.

It was surprisingly good with not too much trolling from Tom, a few wee moans but a decent article compared to the usual BBC stuff

12 days later 

Celtic centre half Christopher Jullien has hit back at claims that he deserved to be sent off for a challenge on Alfredo Morelos in the game against Rangers last month – and insisted the temperamental striker had actually fouled him.

Steven Gerrard alleged after the match at Parkhead, which the Ibrox club won 2-1, that Jullien should have been red carded for bringing down Morelos as he bore down on the Celtic goal late on.

However, the French defender is adamant it was the evil and fiery Colombian centre forward, who was ordered off for the second time in three games towards the end of the Ladbrokes Premiership fixture for a second bookable offence after diving, who should actually have been cautioned

The article by English is written to stir controversy, he wants the fans to react even though he knows he's muddying the waters

Celtic want consistency in terms of post match officiating, and they probably are correct given morelos did grab christie last december at ibrox and nothing happened, 

Rangers want consistency on the park and they are probably correct as well given katic was rightly penalised for pulling the shirt for the penalty, however twice in the match a rangers player had their shirt pulled in the box and it wasnt penalised

What English does is mixes the two of them together to cause controversy, and he has achieved it