The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

On 04/12/2020 at 13:51, King Kebab said:

Also just to chuck it in the ring, I reckon Grogu IS the “Chosen One”!!!

He’s about the same age as Anakin but I reckon he was already in the Jedi Academy and that is why Yoda and Mace Windu were so quick to knock back Qui Gonn Jin during his presentation to the Council, they didn’t accept Anakin as the Chosen One BECAUSE they knew they already HAD the Chosen One!!!

If you rewatch those scenes taking that point of view it makes those subtle wee glances between Mace and Yoda all the more significant!!!

Also Grogu would have been at the temple at the same time as Ahsoka, they are nearly the same age but she has no knowledge of him, yes Grogu would age differently and not be able to attend the same classes you would imagine but you would also think that she would have still known about him at least, unless that is, he was being kept hidden away from the other Younglings as a Top Secret bringing balance to the Force and destroying all the Sith at some random point in the future type Chosen One!!!

And if he was being kept secret that means the person with access to him would probably be the person with access to ALL the Jedi secrets who wasn’t out in the field, so I reckon it was Jocasta Nu, the Chief Librarian, that saved Grogu when Order 66 was going down, her mission was to protect as much as she could and it was she who destroyed all the Jedi records of the names and locations of all the force-sensitive beings in the Universe when Vader came chapping at her door!!!

So that’s my bet, Grogu is the Chosen One and Jocasta Nu saved him when it all kicked off on Coruscant!!!

IMG_1607089854.384319.thumb.jpg.2c571913e06a5d7ea79e27ae418927be.jpg

Although it’ll probably turn out to be Yaddle!!!emoji23.png

It will be interesting to see how they write future seasons and how they progress baby yoda as the sequel trilogy contained absolutely nothing of note of grogu, 

Now if they are trying to show snoke being created (2 episodes ago) then clearly the emperor would have known about grogu, 

The only issue i had with yesterdays episode was the darl troopers, making them droids dampened their arrival for me, was hoping for some form of force sensitive dark troopers and ahsoka would have to deal with them in later episodes

Definitely getting some Arrow expanded universe vibes.

Spend the first season establishing it's expanded universe before teasing all possible spin offs and a potential big expanded universe where Ashoka and Bobs Fett have their own shows. Looks like they could be onto a winner if they can do that and maintain the quality of the last two episodes.

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

The only issue i had with yesterdays episode was the darl troopers, making them droids dampened their arrival for me, was hoping for some form of force sensitive dark troopers and ahsoka would have to deal with them in later episodes

Isn't that the point of what Moff Gideon's trying to do? Get baby yoda back so he can create his Force influenced super soliders.

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

They’re not droids they’re cyborgs and the organic parts are the clones we saw last week and (I think) have been made force sensitive with what they were able to harvest from Grogu from when they had him in Season One!!!

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

did they stop using all clones as Stormtroopers after The Clone Wars? I don't think Boba was killing Jango clones in The Tragedy?

There's an episode of Rebels where Rex, I think, says that the Clone Army was disbanded at the end of the Clone Wars. It was probably Filoni or whoever's way of explaining how the battle hardened and well-trained troops of the Republic became shite shooters in the space of a few years. 

Edited by NotThePars

28 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

There's an episode of Rebels where Rex, I think, says that the Clone Army was disbanded at the end of the Clone Wars. It was probably Filoni or whoever's way of explaining how the battle hardened and well-trained troops of the Republic became shite shooters in the space of a few years. 

Also, at some point (probably under legends now but maybe still canon somewhere) there was an attempted uprising on kamino that vadar had to put down, the kaminoans created their own clone army but were defeated, and since then the emperor destroyed it all iirc

58 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

They’re not droids they’re cyborgs and the organic parts are the clones we saw last week and (I think) have been made force sensitive with what they were able to harvest from Grogu from when they had him in Season One!!!

Dunno, i guess i was hoping for something like the old fashioned death troopers, 

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Also, at some point (probably under legends now but maybe still canon somewhere) there was an attempted uprising on kamino that vadar had to put down, the kaminoans created their own clone army but were defeated, and since then the emperor destroyed it all iirc

yea, I imagine the Rebels episode was a way of bringing that dumped lore back into the canon. I get why Disney made the decision expunge the EU but it is funny that I could get hired as a writer for a story and just fling in a throwaway line to say, Revan, and suddenly make those games canon again. 

Shit, maybe this is the impetus to start writing.

Not much i can add that hasn't already been covered, another fantastic episode. 

I loved Mando saying Grogu and clearly being happy to know the kids name and then getting a bit choked up at the thought of saying goodbye. 

The line about making the last part of the journey with the windows down had me grinning from ear to ear. 

Boba Fett in the mother f**kin house! Amazing! 

Gutted to see the Razor Crest getting destroyed but delighted to see Slave 1 (i had the toy version as a kid back in the mists of time) 

I liked that the Jedi temple had an ancient stone henge look to it. 

Moff seemed a wee bit too confident/pleased with himself at the end. 

They packed so much into a short episode but it didn't feel rushed and felt much longer than the actual running time. 

Can't wait for next Friday. 

Edited by stevieKTID

Did Mando pick up his Jet Pack after all the shenanigans can’t remember if he had it back on when he was sifting through the wreckage of the Razor Crest???

Also does anybody else reckon that Boba Fett had been hitting the pies during his absence, he was struggling to get into that armour, it looked like he was wearing a kids size!!!

And Moff Gideon IS going to end up losing an eye, more than likely at the hands of Grogu isn’t he???

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Did Mando pick up his Jet Pack after all the shenanigans can’t remember if he had it back on when he was sifting through the wreckage of the Razor Crest???

After taking it off he doesn't have it on again in the episode. I'm sure it would of got picked up in the aftermath. He doesn't wear it all the time.

After taking it off he doesn't have it on again in the episode. I'm sure it would of got picked up in the aftermath. He doesn't wear it all the time.

Yeah but he has nowhere to store it now and I can’t remember if he had it on when he was sifting through the wreckage of his ship!!!
Suppose it’s an excuse to watch it again though!!!
Also if he had put it back on he would have made it to Grogu before the Dark Troopers got to him!!!

9 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Yeah but he has nowhere to store it now and I can’t remember if he had it on when he was sifting through the wreckage of his ship!!!
Also if he had put it back on he would have made it to Grogu before the Dark Troopers got to him!!!

He doesn't have it on during checking the wreckage or in the scene with Cara Dune. He took it off between the seeing stone and Slave 1 which was parked away from the Razor Crest. So I'd imagine it got picked up between the Razor Crest wreckage on the way to Slave 1. So it will be tucked away on Slave 1 with the beskar spear just now.

27 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

You need an excuse to watch it again? :huh: :lol:

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Is the name Grogu significant? Haven't watched all of the Clone wars, and am not well up on the Star War trilogy prequals, sequels whatever. 

No it's just more dumb Star Wars naming conventions. Maybe this will be the final unveiling of Darth Icky.

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Stormtroopers are cannon fodder. Reminds me of the Germans in Bands of Brothers.

Thought it was funny that when the storm troopers were targeting the sniper they couldnt hit her after how many shots, the minute mando lands with his blaster proof armour, everyone of the storm troopers were absolute crack shots that hit him time and time again 😂