The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

On 07/12/2020 at 07:37, mishtergrolsch said:

The Sith will be an interesting one as the rule of two meant (technically) that it should have been Palps (still alive and kicking, and would have heard the force call from Grogu)  and Vader (dead now obviously) and maybe a secret apprentice or two each if still alive. Then Snoke if he's about at this point and any apprentice he has. Maybe some Inquisitors?

Anyone know of others in the Cannon or is this where they can come up with some new characters?

They can essentially write any new characters that they like, all the previous pre disney stuff is now legends unless disney make it canon again

Snoke might be a bit too early for him if the rumours that the bacta tanks 3 episodes ago were snokes being created, 

I cant see them using the likes of luke or palps as it completely shits all over the sequel trilogy films given neither of them or yodas force ghost even mentioned grogu, ezra or ahsoka in the films

Long odds but windu never actually died on screen and he was extremely powerful with the force, SLJ could be the guy who responds as maybe he got grogu out of the temple before anakin/vader and the 501st wiped them out

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Long odds but windu never actually died on screen and he was extremely powerful with the force, SLJ could be the guy who responds as maybe he got grogu out of the temple before anakin/vader and the 501st wiped them out

If Maul can get cleaved in half & live, then I'm sure Windu can survive a fall (that Anakin did).

Windu uses dark/light. Has that 'shatterpoint' thingy also that meant he may have finished Palps.

Also Windu was meant to be only 2nd in the Force to Yoda.

8 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Can't wait for her series though.

Mind Rogue Squadron on the N64?

1 minute ago, Slenderman said:

If Maul can get cleaved in half & live, then I'm sure Windu can survive a fall (that Anakin did).

Windu uses dark/light. Has that 'shatterpoint' thingy also that meant he may have finished Palps.

Also Windu was meant to be only 2nd in the Force to Yoda.

Finally star wars is getting a full world that ties in, funnily enough this all starts once marvel is in disneys grasp, its like the MCU except star wars, call it the SWCU lol

Windu would be excellent to bring back, especially with SLJ being older now, he'd suit the ragged, withered old jedi who's been in hiding for decades

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Finally star wars is getting a full world that ties in, funnily enough this all starts once marvel is in disneys grasp, its like the MCU except star wars, call it the SWCU lol

Windu would be excellent to bring back, especially with SLJ being older now, he'd suit the ragged, withered old jedi who's been in hiding for decades

I cannae wait whatever comes.

Just thinking about how many crossovers there will be between the series'.

Ahsoka probably will visit Obi-Wan.

Maybe a Qui-Gon force ghost for him?

6 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

I cannae wait whatever comes.

Just thinking about how many crossovers there will be between the series'.

Ahsoka probably will visit Obi-Wan.

Maybe a Qui-Gon force ghost for him?

I take it you watched rebels, 

incase you havent or anyone else hasnt, 

When ahsoka fights vader (epic) and is seen disappearing into the ruined temple, its never explained what happened to her after ezra saves her and she goes back (the whole force time travel thing that ezra and palps deal with), maybe her series will focus a bit on that, id love a live action version of the fight with vader

49 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

It's meant to be a stupidly vast galaxy isn't it? Not everything needs to tie in together in the way that the MCU does.

I think Filoni and Favreau deserve a pass for the fan service because it's tied around a good TV show and still doesn't feel like a crutch but Abrams should highlight that it can be just as just as much a negative as a positive. It also undermines a lot of the stuff around the Force and the Jedi being myths to characters.

That was a chilling line for this world, "They asked for freedom, but all they really want is order. Bring them chaos and they'll want us back again", or something close. Was the convict a significant character in the Star Wars universe?

Edited by welshbairn

13 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

They can essentially write any new characters that they like, all the previous pre disney stuff is now legends unless disney make it canon again

Snoke might be a bit too early for him if the rumours that the bacta tanks 3 episodes ago were snokes being created, 

I cant see them using the likes of luke or palps as it completely shits all over the sequel trilogy films given neither of them or yodas force ghost even mentioned grogu, ezra or ahsoka in the films

I'd personally love SLJ back in the Manda-Motha Fucking-Lorian. Or any SW series. He most certainly would be alive considering he was a top Jedi Master.

Could they artificially age Snoke hence why he's physically worn out? Even for next season I wonder. Not that I liked Snoke all that much tbh.

I think Disney could subtly shit all over the Sequel Trilogy if they wanted to and I don't think anyone would bother if it gave us more things like the Mandalorian. Could Luke have started training Grogu and never mentioned it to anyone to keep him safe. Maybe it will be revealed that he was one of Lukes apprentices that Kylo kills? 

It was said that all Jedi and Sith could hear Grogu, Luke and Palps are about. It still could happen. Fingers crossed.

At least there's excitement for Star Wars again!

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'd personally love SLJ back in the Manda-Motha Fucking-Lorian. Or any SW series. He most certainly would be alive considering he was a top Jedi Master.

Could they artificially age Snoke hence why he's physically worn out? Even for next season I wonder. Not that I liked Snoke all that much tbh.

I think Disney could subtly shit all over the Sequel Trilogy if they wanted to and I don't think anyone would bother if it gave us more things like the Mandalorian. Could Luke have started training Grogu and never mentioned it to anyone to keep him safe. Maybe it will be revealed that he was one of Lukes apprentices that Kylo kills? 

It was said that all Jedi and Sith could hear Grogu, Luke and Palps are about. It still could happen. Fingers crossed.

At least there's excitement for Star Wars again!

I agree that people wouldnt bother, but i think disney would, when jedi: fallen order was being made and written they made it so it never had an impact on the larger world, and that was a console game 

Going by the end of RoS, when Rey hears all the voices of the dead jedi, ahsokas voice was there, however her death was never confirmed and dave filoni (the guy who created her for the shows) still has plans for her

So we could see something like ahsoka taking grogu at the end of the mandalorian's run and keeping him out the hands of both jedi and sith (she abandoned her jedi teachings in the clone wars), which could explain both their absence from the sequel trilogy

Whatever they do though, like you said, there's loads of excitement for star wars again, 

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I agree that people wouldnt bother, but i think disney would, when jedi: fallen order was being made and written they made it so it never had an impact on the larger world, and that was a console game 

Going by the end of RoS, when Rey hears all the voices of the dead jedi, ahsokas voice was there, however her death was never confirmed and dave filoni (the guy who created her for the shows) still has plans for her

So we could see something like ahsoka taking grogu at the end of the mandalorian's run and keeping him out the hands of both jedi and sith (she abandoned her jedi teachings in the clone wars), which could explain both their absence from the sequel trilogy

Whatever they do though, like you said, there's loads of excitement for star wars again, 

The only thing I'd say is that id doubt Disney would care a jot about shitting on their own sequels if it made them a hefty profit. 

I think they've seen how much people generally disliked them and how poor a trilogy it was. Now Filoni and Favreau are doing all the hard work and rebuilding Star Wars I think Disney would let them off with practically anything at this point!

Fallen Order was good, to be fair, but not quite on par with The Mandalorian. Disney was still in the middle of taking major heat for the Sequels and with RoS coming out they (and EA who were also getting some backlash for their monetisation habits) probably did keep it safe to avoid further criticism as it wasn't a strong enough story to get the majority of fans back on side.

I hope there's a second one in the pipe line that gets a bit darker though!

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The only thing I'd say is that id doubt Disney would care a jot about shitting on their own sequels if it made them a hefty profit. 

I think they've seen how much people generally disliked them and how poor a trilogy it was. Now Filoni and Favreau are doing all the hard work and rebuilding Star Wars I think Disney would let them off with practically anything at this point!

Fallen Order was good, to be fair, but not quite on par with The Mandalorian. Disney was still in the middle of taking major heat for the Sequels and with RoS coming out they (and EA who were also getting some backlash for their monetisation habits) probably did keep it safe to avoid further criticism as it wasn't a strong enough story to get the majority of fans back on side.

I hope there's a second one in the pipe line that gets a bit darker though!

Yeah good points tbh, with filoni and favreau in charge of the tv side of things, i wonder how long it will take disney to try convince the russo brothers to attempt a star wars trilogy

On 11/12/2020 at 17:43, Slenderman said:
  Hide contents

Anyone else slightly annoyed that Ahsoka Tano doesn't wield one of her lightsabers backhand. (Like Clone Wars etc)

She holds it backhand in the very first scene.  

As Mace didn't believe Anakin was the chosen one, if he did survive he could have got back and saved Grogu.  Then could reach out to him at the temple.  Id estimate he would be 70-80 at this time.  Although he would have been a pussy sitting out the whole time, especially as he would have lost Grogu at some point and just done nothing.  

A great episode, Boba Fett's armour looking both cooler and more fitting.  Cant wait till Friday, will watch it at 8am and pretend I have IT issues for logging on late at work 🤣

14 hours ago, Loki said:

She holds it backhand in the very first scene.  

As Mace didn't believe Anakin was the chosen one, if he did survive he could have got back and saved Grogu.  Then could reach out to him at the temple.  Id estimate he would be 70-80 at this time.  Although he would have been a pussy sitting out the whole time, especially as he would have lost Grogu at some point and just done nothing.  

A great episode, Boba Fett's armour looking both cooler and more fitting.  Cant wait till Friday, will watch it at 8am and pretend I have IT issues for logging on late at work 🤣

Rewatched it & you're 100% right.

On 07/12/2020 at 11:13, Loki said:

All the Inquisitors were killed, although that doesn't mean there wasn't a production line of them.  Ventress would still be alive, although she wasn't a sith anymore.  Snoke could be around and so might Dead Pirate Palpatine.  Perhaps the Nightsisters of Dathomir had a survivor. Canon wise that's all folks.

Still not convinced it will be a sith hearing the call.  It will be a jedi.  The only jedi to exist would be Luke and Ezra.  Ahsoka telling Mando to take Grogu there in the hope that Ezra hears it makes sense, as it ties up the Rebels story.

Although would love to see a Luke scene similar to Vader in Rogue One where you get to see his full range of powers.

Ventress is long dead in the Mandalorian, she died in the Dark Disciple book, which is canon, and set just before Revenge of the Sith.