The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

When we finally see Thrawn on screen, “live” for the first time I was wondering who would they get to play him and I’m now thinking that they could probably do what they did with Bo Katan and get Lars Mikkelson, who voiced him on The Clone Wars to just get painted blue and reprise the role, I think he’s got the gaunt look and he’s a big lanky fucker who we know can do the voice!!!

6D100F0D-428E-4F6F-8CA6-D971CF31D16C.jpeg

10 hours ago, King Kebab said:

When we finally see Thrawn on screen, “live” for the first time I was wondering who would they get to play him and I’m now thinking that they could probably do what they did with Bo Katan and get Lars Mikkelson, who voiced him on The Clone Wars to just get painted blue and reprise the role, I think he’s got the gaunt look and he’s a big lanky fucker who we know can do the voice!!!

6D100F0D-428E-4F6F-8CA6-D971CF31D16C.jpeg

Yep, he did a great job voicing him in Rebels and would be a great fit to play him as a live character.

Another brilliant episode today, with at least two “punch-the-air” moments for the fanboys, I include myself in that, you’ll know what I mean when you watch it!!!

It looks like the days of Mando stopping off on random planets to do some random acts of kindness aren’t happening any more, apart from what is now an aberration of what was the second episode, those days are definitely over, every episode since that has been pure plot movement and heavy action and a shitload of fanbait, I fucking love it!!!

Another good pick of a Director who can do those New Mexico looking western scenes in semi arid landscapes, Robert Rodriguez has made a career out of it!!!

Only two left to go and I don’t think there’s anyway everything is going to get wrapped up neatly, I may actually cry when it finishes as we’re going to have to wait till NEXT October to find out!!!

THE best thing on television at the moment, there can be no doubt, this is the way!!!

Also just to chuck it in the ring, I reckon Grogu IS the “Chosen One”!!!

He’s about the same age as Anakin but I reckon he was already in the Jedi Academy and that is why Yoda and Mace Windu were so quick to knock back Qui Gonn Jin during his presentation to the Council, they didn’t accept Anakin as the Chosen One BECAUSE they knew they already HAD the Chosen One!!!

If you rewatch those scenes taking that point of view it makes those subtle wee glances between Mace and Yoda all the more significant!!!

Also Grogu would have been at the temple at the same time as Ahsoka, they are nearly the same age but she has no knowledge of him, yes Grogu would age differently and not be able to attend the same classes you would imagine but you would also think that she would have still known about him at least, unless that is, he was being kept hidden away from the other Younglings as a Top Secret bringing balance to the Force and destroying all the Sith at some random point in the future type Chosen One!!!

And if he was being kept secret that means the person with access to him would probably be the person with access to ALL the Jedi secrets who wasn’t out in the field, so I reckon it was Jocasta Nu, the Chief Librarian, that saved Grogu when Order 66 was going down, her mission was to protect as much as she could and it was she who destroyed all the Jedi records of the names and locations of all the force-sensitive beings in the Universe when Vader came chapping at her door!!!

So that’s my bet, Grogu is the Chosen One and Jocasta Nu saved him when it all kicked off on Coruscant!!!

IMG_1607089854.384319.thumb.jpg.2c571913e06a5d7ea79e27ae418927be.jpg

Although it’ll probably turn out to be Yaddle!!![emoji23]

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Also just to chuck it in the ring, I reckon Grogu IS the “Chosen One”!!!

He’s about the same age as Anakin but I reckon he was already in the Jedi Academy and that is why Yoda and Mace Windu were so quick to knock back Qui Gonn Jin during his presentation to the Council, they didn’t accept Anakin as the Chosen One BECAUSE they knew they already HAD the Chosen One!!!

If you rewatch those scenes taking that point of view it makes those subtle wee glances between Mace and Yoda all the more significant!!!

Also Grogu would have been at the temple at the same time as Ahsoka, they are nearly the same age but she has no knowledge of him, yes Grogu would age differently and not be able to attend the same classes you would imagine but you would also think that she would have still known about him at least, unless that is, he was being kept hidden away from the other Younglings as a Top Secret bringing balance to the Force and destroying all the Sith at some random point in the future type Chosen One!!!

And if he was being kept secret that means the person with access to him would probably be the person with access to ALL the Jedi secrets who wasn’t out in the field, so I reckon it was Jocasta Nu, the Chief Librarian, that saved Grogu when Order 66 was going down, her mission was to protect as much as she could and it was she who destroyed all the Jedi records of the names and locations of all the force-sensitive beings in the Universe when Vader came chapping at her door!!!

So that’s my bet, Grogu is the Chosen One and Jocasta Nu saved him when it all kicked off on Coruscant!!!

IMG_1607089854.384319.thumb.jpg.2c571913e06a5d7ea79e27ae418927be.jpg

Although it’ll probably turn out to be Yaddle!!!emoji23.png

Or Yoda fathered an illegitimate child when high on ket

I think I preferred Boba's return to Ahsoka's tbh, that was really good and a nice surprise in him being a face.

This show has such a video game vibe. The Mando's spent 1 and 3/4s of a season doing side quests for people in order to gradually pick up leads for the main quest and now he's building a squad for the final mission.

Sensational episode, loved every minute of it.

Presumably the rumoured Boba Fett spin off series will explain what he’s been up to the last few years and why he didn’t just take his armour back before now (I hope he has just been propping up the bar at the Mos Eisley cantina)

Grogu was certainly on the seeing stone long enough for another Jedi to have sensed him through the force........

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

It's just pure fans service but done that well that is excellent to watch. My only criticism is there is only 8 episodes and they are over so quick.

Yea, today's episode worked out at 29 minutes of actual episode I think. Was a lot packed in though.

18 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I like that Fett is getting more depth to his character. I wonder if they may make him more of a morally ambiguous anti-hero type. Arguably greater longevity for the character that way.

I think he's always been a bit more morally ambiguous outside of the movies. He's always given off a vibe of being concerned with number one (whether it was revenge in Clone Wars or being paid in the EU) whether that results in him acting positively or not in a given situation. Could imagine that years of being trapped in a sarlacc that coincided with an unambiguous siding with the bad guys coupled with Mando acting with a code to Boba's benefit probably led to him realising he should be the good guy for once!

There's a lot to do with a character like Boba, arguably even more than Ahsoka who is clearly a paragon of virtue to the point of being 'better' than the Jedi who failed her, that does give a ton of potential to any series involving him.

Just wanted to add the scene where he goes off in the armour is maybe my favourite sequence of the entire series. It's so good. I burst out laughing when he said "I meant to hit the other one."

Edited by NotThePars

Not sure I can handle this one episode a week thing again since getting used to modern day binge watching. Noted that Richard Rodriguez directed this one, more please.

Edited by welshbairn

How you feeling???

Mate...after seeing that I need MORE. Boba is like a drug.

We were given the high of Boba being back and the low of the RQ being annihilated. That was a sickener. But it means we are going to see more of Slave 1. I was shitting it incase the empire blitzed that as well!

I think boba will teach Mando how to fight with the spear. Also, I noticed at the end of the episode that Mando didn’t have his jet pack. Did he get it back after the fight with the storm troopers?