The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Do I now need to go and watch the animated series off the back of this episode?

Clone Wars is great and up until now maybe the best Star Wars project outside of this bear's undying love for Knights of the Old Republic 2. Rebels is not as good but contains some really great episodes. The Vader meeting an old apprentice episode is one of the best Star Wars moments, IMO.

If the size of Clone Wars is a bit daunting then here's a decent primer of the must-watch episodes - https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/10/the-essential-clone-wars-episodes-every-star-wars-fan-should-watch/

Where I got that list from also added this to the post:

Season 1 episode 11 “Dooku Captured” - first appearance of the man, the myth, the legend Hondo Ohnaka, when he captures Dooku and tries to ransom him to the Republic.

Season 2 episode 17 “Bounty Hunters” - Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka do Seven Samurai with the help of some cool bounty hunters and its great, plus it features my man Hondo Ohnaka.

Season 3 episode 6 “The Academy” - Ahsoka goes to teach some Mandalorian kids about the concept of government corruption. A couple things from this are very important for the Mandalore storylines so no idea why they left it off the list.

Season 4 episodes 6-9, “The Gathering”, “A Test of Strength”, “Bound for Rescue” and “A Necessary Bond” - Ahsoka leads a group of young Jedi on a ritual to build their lightsabers. These ones aren’t really important but are fun, contain Hondo, and have some good character moments for Ahsoka.

I watched it all though during lockdown and I'm glad I did as it's a genuinely great military sci-fi hiding behind kids show animation. There's an episode of the show where the central tension is clearly lifted from the Bolshevik execution of the Tsar and his family while the Czech Legion storm towards Ekaterinburg! Who expected that in a Star Wars show? Not me anyway. Also the final season's final arc is essentially a multi-episode movie set alongside the events of Episode 3 and is great.

That was brilliant, I'll need to watch the first 3 episodes again though as i find myself getting distracted by the visuals it's like being a kid again, it looks fantastic. 

Definitely going to watch The Clone Wars, i started it a while back and really enjoyed it then put it to one side when series 1 of The Mandalorian started. 

Just watched episode 3 now. The ginger mandalorian gave me the horn. I thought for a minute it was Bryce Dallas Howard who was playing her - then it turns out she actually directed the episode!

Sounds like I’ll need to watch the Clone Wars. I’ve seen clips on YouTube but it’s always looked a bit naff, a bit childish - something you’d see on Nickelodeon on a Saturday morning.

You ain't fucking kidding, there's hunners. Thought I'd just zip through it this evening :lol: 

I’m glad that TV series have generally condensed into 10 episodes or less depending on length. Nothing worse than being told to start a new series and seeing “Seasons 1-10” and season 6 being something like episode 120.

That list I posted is good even if I ended up watching it all at the start of lockdown anyway. Including the Jar Jar episodes.

On 18/11/2020 at 10:30, NotThePars said:

I’m glad that TV series have generally condensed into 10 episodes or less depending on length. Nothing worse than being told to start a new series and seeing “Seasons 1-10” and season 6 being something like episode 120.

That list I posted is good even if I ended up watching it all at the start of lockdown anyway. Including the Jar Jar episodes.

Wish I'd seen your recommended highlights post before starting, I feel kind of committed to watching the whole thing now. Enjoying it though, it's a bit like condensed early episodes of Star Trek without the holier than thou vibe. I find C3PO much more annoying than JarJar, and I like the way all the Clones are stereotypical Aussies. On episode 17, hoping the pirates come back soon.

13 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Just watched episode 4.

Spoilers

Not sure how to do a spoiler tag though.

So...

Who's in the Bacta Tank? I have my theory...

Spoiler

Click the eye at the top of the post editor on desktop

Or if on mobile type [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ], delete the spaces in the brackets and type your message in between the two brackets

Edited by NotThePars

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:
  Hide contents

Click the eye at the top of the post editor on desktop

Hide contents

Or if on mobile type [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ], delete the spaces in the brackets and type your message in between the two brackets

12 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Click on this for spoilers 

Screenshot_20201122-162641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Spoiler

Thanks guys!

15 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Hide contents

Thanks guys!

Right let us know who's in the tank. I've seen some speculation. If the storyline about the high M counts is about resurrecting a specific long dead legacy character from that mess of a movie I'm gonna be so mad.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Right let us know who's in the tank. I've seen some speculation. If the storyline about the high M counts is about resurrecting a specific long dead legacy character from that mess of a movie I'm gonna be so mad.

I'll give you a clue.

Inside info.

Spoiler

1333334899_giphy(2).gif.4e5f1673f84cb230aa696f0fb8d432de.gif

Hes back from the dead!

It’s been broadcast, why the spoilers???

One of those Clones did have an awfy Snoke shaped head though!!!

Could this be the decent writers trying to tidy up the JJ Abrams mess by explaining the ludicrous Emperor plot of the last movie in a more cohesive and believable manner???