The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

Another sad factoid for you is that the Krayt Dragon Pearl that was held aloft by the Tuscan Raider at the end of the episode, those pearls can be used in the manufacture of light sabres and one as huge as that one can probably build a lot of light sabres, could it be getting used in attempt to reestablish the Jedi Order???
Also It was one of these pearls that Han Solo used to pay his way into the Sabbac game where he won the Millenium Falcon of Lando Calrissian!!!

20 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Some nerdy Krayt Dragon facts for you...
When Obi-Wan first appears in ANH, the noise he makes to scare of the Tuscan Raiders is actually a Krayt Dragon howl!!!IMG_2320.jpg
The only Tuscan Raider who became a Jedi eventually turned to the Dark Side and became a Sith Lord using the name Darth Krayt!!!IMG_2321.jpg
And the famous still image of C-3PO walking along the Dune Sea has him walking past the skeleton of a Krayt Dragon!!!IMG_2319.jpg

I can't help be a pedant when it comes to Starwars.  Darth Krayt was a human that lived amongst the Tuscan Raiders.

8 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Also It was one of these pearls that Han Solo used to pay his way into the Sabbac game where he won the Millenium Falcon of Lando Calrissian!!!

This is also now wrong.  Solo uses leftover refined coaxium to use for his buy in.

I love your Krayt Dragon love though.  I have original concept drawings of Krayt Dragons in an art book that compiled Ralph McQuarrie's work I bought in the 90s.  Will look through it tomorrow and post the pictures.

In total agreement with everyone else, the first episode was quite wonderful.  Also in agreement with King Kebab about the one episode a week.  Plenty of time to digest it and give it a second or third watch.

6 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Nice to see Timothy Olyphant playing the part of Sheriff. The role suited him well. Cracking opener to S2..

I love the star power they've peppered throughout this. Some great and unexpected inclusions such as Amy Sedaris, Olyphant and especially Werner Herzhog.

15 hours ago, Loki said:

I can't help be a pedant when it comes to Starwars.  Darth Krayt was a human that lived amongst the Tuscan Raiders.

This is also now wrong.  Solo uses leftover refined coaxium to use for his buy in.

I love your Krayt Dragon love though.  I have original concept drawings of Krayt Dragons in an art book that compiled Ralph McQuarrie's work I bought in the 90s.  Will look through it tomorrow and post the pictures.

In total agreement with everyone else, the first episode was quite wonderful.  Also in agreement with King Kebab about the one episode a week.  Plenty of time to digest it and give it a second or third watch.

Your Darth Krayt rebuttal is a “Nature or Nurture” argument isn’t it, if you are brought up in an environment and live to the ideals of that environment, you therefore become part of that environment, so to all intents and purposes A’Sharad Hett WAS a Tuscan Raider IMO, but your point is also valid!!!

I’m assuming the Krayt Pearl buy-in was re-written in the new canon and for the film Solo???

You should have got me on the fact that it wasn’t technically Sabbac he won the Falcon in but a variation game called “Corellian Spike” Sabbac !!!😂

Your Darth Krayt rebuttal is a “Nature or Nurture” argument isn’t it, if you are brought up in an environment and live to the ideals of that environment, you therefore become part of that environment, so to all intents and purposes A’Sharad Hett WAS a Tuscan Raider IMO, but your point is also valid!!!
I’m assuming the Krayt Pearl buy-in was re-written in the new canon and for the film Solo???
You should have got me on the fact that it wasn’t technically Sabbac he won the Falcon in but a variation game called “Corellian Spike” Sabbac !!![emoji23]
And you can't spell "Tusken"

11 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
1 hour ago, King Kebab said:
You should have got me on the fact that it wasn’t technically Sabbac he won the Falcon in but a variation game called “Corellian Spike” Sabbac !!!emoji23.png

Maybe they're raiding from the hills of Central Italy?

18 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
1 hour ago, King Kebab said:
You should have got me on the fact that it wasn’t technically Sabbac he won the Falcon in but a variation game called “Corellian Spike” Sabbac !!!emoji23.png

I’m putting that one down to autocorrect!!!

18 hours ago, King Kebab said:

You should have got me on the fact that it wasn’t technically Sabbac he won the Falcon in but a variation game called “Corellian Spike” Sabbac !!!😂

Yeah it was rewritten and it is in fact sabacc they play.  You see it played out in Solo.

If Chewbacca decides to live amongst the ewoks, that doesn't make him an ewok.

Yeah it was rewritten and it is in fact sabacc they play.  You see it played out in Solo. If Chewbacca decides to live amongst the ewoks, that doesn't make him an ewok.

Damn, I’m going to have to read more of the new stuff!!!

As for Chewie, if he was schooled on Endor for at least 5 years he would be able to play for their National side, you’ve got to think he’d be and advantage in goals or at centre half, could even be chucked up front if they’re chasing it late on, would you insult him by saying he wasn’t an Ewok after he had just scored an injury time winner???

Also do you think that we are maybe being presumptuous that that was Boba Fett we saw at the end, what if it’s a big f**k-you and it actually turns out to be Rex???

6 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

As for Chewie, if he was schooled on Endor for at least 5 years he would be able to play for their National side, you’ve got to think he’d be and advantage in goals or at centre half, could even be chucked up front if they’re chasing it late on, would you insult him by saying he wasn’t an Ewing after he had just scored an injury time winner???

Also do you think that we are maybe being presumptuous that that was Boba Fett we saw at the end, what if it’s a big f**k-you and it actually turns out to be Rex??? Lions

He still would not be an Ewok.  Ewoks are a distinct species and no amount of schooling on the forest moon of Endor will change that.  Keep digging though this is entertaining.

17 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Also do you think that we are maybe being presumptuous that that was Boba Fett we saw at the end, what if it’s a big f**k-you and it actually turns out to be Rex???

The show is pure fan service and they've already flung in the Dark Saber apropos of nothing, haven't they? I'm willing to say there's absolutely zero chance it's not Boba. 

45 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I've seen that said since Filoni is the showrunner that it could be one of the other characters that actors has played in the wider canon. As well as that Boba Fett is meant to be younger than what the actor's age is now.

As for Chewie, if he was schooled on Endor for at least 5 years he would be able to play for their National side, you’ve got to think he’d be and advantage in goals or at centre half, could even be chucked up front if they’re chasing it late on, would you insult him by saying he wasn’t an Ewok after he had just scored an injury time winner???

From IMDB.....20201102_165754.jpg

4 hours ago, Loki said:

He still would not be an Ewok.  Ewoks are a distinct species and no amount of schooling on the forest moon of Endor will change that.  Keep digging though this is entertaining.

You bigot, he may have spent a lifetime as a confused young ewok trapped in a Wookie’s body, who are you to deny him the life he wants to lead with your outdated views, this is really not the attitude I expect on these forums in these more enlightened times!!!

I bet you booed McTominay!!!😉

Edited by King Kebab

43 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

You bigot, he may have spent a lifetime as a confused young ewok trapped in a Wookie’s body, who are you to deny him the life he wants to lead with your outdated views, this is really not the attitude I expect on these forums in these more enlightened times!!!

I bet you booed McTominay!!!😉

I only boo ewoks.  So my boos are reserved for Ryan Fraser only.

Anyway the original concept drawing of the Krayt dragon by Ralph McQuarrie.  

a55ff91f27c11b9b4d5097e7d517946d.jpg

I think it will be Boba Fett, pretty sure it was announced.  Rex was an old man by Return of the Jedi.  Think this is five to ten years after the fall of the Empire.  Even in Rebels the clone troopers that survived looked old.  Boba would be 40-50.

By bringing him back like in the legends universe, they can have a Boba Fett series or stand alone film.